Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
View Poll Results: In your opinion, when looking back at this thread, how easy were the instructions?
Very Easy 88 32.23%
Somewhat Easy 43 15.75%
Easy 71 26.01%
Difficult 29 10.62%
Somewhat Difficult 16 5.86%
Very Difficult 26 9.52%
Voters: 273. You may not vote on this poll

[BACKUP][RECOVERY] Kindle Fire HD and 2 First Aide Software - Noob (Simple) Version

OP prokennexusa

25th February 2013, 08:46 AM   |  #1091  
Flag Houston, Texas
Thanks Meter: 84

381 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmrBanawan

I don't think there is anything wrong with the code here you just don't have enough space on the device, but how do you fix that?!

I suppose some of the music will have to go.
25th February 2013, 09:08 AM   |  #1092  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Petaluma
Thanks Meter: 964

2,637 posts
Donate to Me
More
Exclamation Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.66-Beta - AVIC Alice TTS Engine
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejbmvp

update using rev60:

i was one who uses win7 x64 and installed previous version of google apps that caused the kindle to be unresponsive, laggy, black lock screen, flickering screens and it would say "My Kindle" at the top. after reinstalling google apps (#23) using rev60 it seems like My Kindle is now back to being Eric's Kindle, no more lag and flickering and the lock screen is back. thanks for your many hours of troubleshooing.

below is the last portion of the output i was able to copy. even though it got stuck at daemon started after its final reboot, its back to normal.

ejbmvp,

First let me apologize for the delay, we have been focusing out efforts today in trying to make this version as perfect as possible. We are getting close! Thank you for posting the details that is very helpful and speaks louder than words. Do you know how to take a screen shot? The reason I ask is it take up less web space and gives more details. If you have Microsoft Paint or Pictures (they are both free, included with most installs), then you have everything you need to take a screen shot. Here we go, your solution. We are aware of the problem with AVIC Free, please download the update, do not worry we fixed the issue causing lag.

Step 1: Download the update Rev 66 deployed at 22:45 today. Extract and upgrade per the instructions: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...51&postcount=1

Step 2: Run Option 23, we have upgraded Apps, some of the older ones were causing some minor issues.

Step 3: Test AVIC Free, does it work?

********UPDATE*********

Version 4.1.65-Beta at 22:02 Change Log:
1. Added New Code To Check For Temp If Missing Create One
2. Added Fix Permissions to Option 27, 28 and 29
3. Missing Temp Directory Causes Fix Permissions to Fail - Fixed Issue
4. Removed and replaced files that broke the Kindle
5. Added Fix Broken installation option

*****Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.66-Beta RunMe 02/24/13 at 23:27 for Microsoft Windows*****

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.66-Beta for RunMe.bat Package: RunMe.zip (Dropbox)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.66-Beta for RunMe.bat Package: RunMe.zip (Box)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.66-Beta for Windows Universal Package: KFFirstAide.zip (Dropbox)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.65-Beta for Windows 32-bit Version: KFFirstAide32.zip (Dropbox)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.65-Beta for Windows 64-bit Version: KFFirstAide64.zip (Dropbox)

7-Zip for Windows 32-bit: Download

7-Zip for Windows 64-bit: Download

Oracle Java SE Update: Java SE Development Kit 7u15

Oracle Java SE 7u15 32-bit : jdk-7u15-windows-i586.exe

Oracle Java SE 7u15 64-bit : jdk-7u15-windows-x64.exe
25th February 2013, 09:17 AM   |  #1093  
Flag Petaluma

2,637 posts
Donate to Me
More
Exclamation Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.66-Beta - Google Apps Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindle_user_webb

I had a bit of a problem yesterday with version 4.1.53 yesterday. I have a Kindle Fire HD with the latest firmware version. It is rooted using Qemuroot with Google store running okay.

I ran a full backup successfully. I then proceeded to try and install the Google apps Option 23 (non-factory regular old cable). It seemed to go well except that I got the error message 'SH Can Not Create Nul: Read-Only File System' twice. I entered and left Fastboot just fine. After rebooting I was left with a grey start screen, gray blank icons a really slow unhappy Kindle.

I looked in the mirror and thanked myself for making backup.

Restore went just fine. The Kindle was slow after the restore, but I got normal operation back after stopping every task in Setting>More>Apps and rebooting.

So I am back up and running, but gun shy. What could I have done wrong or what went wrong? I don't want to try anything else without your folks guidance. This was all done in Windows 7 64-bit under an elevated command prompt.

thanks

kindle_user_webb,

Thank you, it is always a good idea to backup prior to doing anything to the Kindle. Sometimes you have to Wipe the User Data and Cache after the restore.

I am glad you are asking us about the upgrade, yesterday we would have said wait but today all the options are executing error free. You may use our software to Install Google Play Store. Just FYI, Option 20 is the Qemu Root Method and Option 21 is the Root Many Android Method line for line, so next time you can use our software to Root the Kindle.

Please use Option 18 to install Google Play Store and Option 23 to Install Google Apps. Let me know if you have any questions, be sure to update the software first!

Can you post a "Screen Shot" of the output when you install Option 18 and 23, we want to polish the code and need a few different screen shots.

*****Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.66-Beta RunMe 02/24/13 at 23:27 for Microsoft Windows*****

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.66-Beta for RunMe.bat Package: RunMe.zip (Dropbox)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.66-Beta for RunMe.bat Package: RunMe.zip (Box)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.66-Beta for Windows Universal Package: KFFirstAide.zip (Dropbox)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.66-Beta for Windows 32-bit Version: KFFirstAide32.zip (Dropbox)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.66-Beta for Windows 64-bit Version: KFFirstAide64.zip (Dropbox)

How To Take a screen shot

Ever see something on your screen that you’d like to email or save for later? With Microsoft Windows XP, you can take a screen shot and capture an exact image of what’s on the screen.
To take a screen shot and save it as a picture

1. Click the window you want to capture. Press Alt+Print Screen by holding down the Alt key and then pressing the Print Screen key. The Print Screen key is near the upper-right corner of your keyboard. (Depending on the type of keyboard you have, the exact key names on your keyboard may vary slightly.)
    Note

• You can take a screen shot of your entire desktop rather than just a single window by pressing the Print Screen key without holding down the Alt key.

2. Click Start, click Accessories, and then click Paint.
  3. In the Paint window, click Edit, and then click Paste.
  4. When the image appears in the Paint window, click File, and then click Save As.
  5. In the Save As dialog box, in the File name box, type a name for the screen shot, and then click Save.

You can now print or email the saved screen shot just like you would any other picture.
25th February 2013, 09:48 AM   |  #1094  
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
Google Play Store Crashing
My Google Play Store opened the first time. But, now it crashes every time I try to open it, saying "Google Play Store has stopped." Any ideas?
25th February 2013, 09:54 AM   |  #1095  
Flag Petaluma

2,637 posts
Donate to Me
More
Exclamation Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.66-Beta - General Questions
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindle_user_webb

I had a bit of a problem yesterday with version 4.1.53 yesterday. I have a Kindle Fire HD with the latest firmware version. It is rooted using Qemuroot with Google store running okay.

I ran a full backup successfully. I then proceeded to try and install the Google apps Option 23 (non-factory regular old cable). It seemed to go well except that I got the error message 'SH Can Not Create Nul: Read-Only File System' twice. I entered and left Fastboot just fine. After rebooting I was left with a grey start screen, gray blank icons a really slow unhappy Kindle.

I looked in the mirror and thanked myself for making backup.

Restore went just fine. The Kindle was slow after the restore, but I got normal operation back after stopping every task in Setting>More>Apps and rebooting.

So I am back up and running, but gun shy. What could I have done wrong or what went wrong? I don't want to try anything else without your folks guidance. This was all done in Windows 7 64-bit under an elevated command prompt.

thanks

kindle_user_webb,

I am sorry, you asked an important question:

What could I have done?

Answer: I suspect nothing. The Kindle is a very unusual tablet, although it is a solid product. When we began to develop this software, we had over 36 Years of experience in the development field but we knew this experiance would completely not carry over to the Kindle Fire. The Kindle Fire uses Android Ice Cream Sndwich, so in the beginning we wrote the scripts for Ice Cream Sandwich and just about every operation failed, we knew we had a challenging product, this made us like the Kindle even more - it was a pure challenge! There is not a day that goes by that we do not learn something new. Every day we enter the office ready for anything! The Kindle Fire is truly a unique product and our dream is to offer the best software available for the Kindle. Most of the packages in Kindle Fire First Aide were all compiled specifically for the Kindle Fire, they would not work on any another tablet. We take special effort to make the package error free, although something new arises everyday. The current Version 66 is over 10,000 lines of code and well over a few thousand hours of work. We are on hold with adding features, we are working to get this version from Beta to Stable, at the current version we are about 1 week away from considering this a stable release.

Does this mean this version will cause trouble? NO. It will work fine, what may happen is a few errors will display during the install, these errors are all non-critical, do not worry.

Please do us a favor, do a Option 18 Install and post the screen shot with your comments. Then do a Option 23 install and post the screen shot with your comments, OK?

We look forward to helping you more in the future. This package is still in it's infancy the long term dream is quite large, you are at our ground zero, thank you for your support, you mean a lot to us!

Here is the update and some information.

*****Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.66-Beta RunMe 02/25/13 at 00:30 for Microsoft Windows*****

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.66-Beta for Windows 32-bit Version: KFFirstAide32.zip (Dropbox)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.66-Beta for Windows 64-bit Version: KFFirstAide64.zip (Dropbox)

Ever see something on your screen that you’d like to email or save for later? With Microsoft Windows XP, you can take a screen shot and capture an exact image of what’s on the screen.

1. Click the window you want to capture. Press Alt+Print Screen by holding down the Alt key and then pressing the Print Screen key. The Print Screen key is near the upper-right corner of your keyboard. (Depending on the type of keyboard you have, the exact key names on your keyboard may vary slightly.)
    Note
    • You can take a screen shot of your entire desktop rather than just a single window by pressing the Print Screen key without holding down the Alt key.

4. When the image appears in the Paint window, click File, and then click Save As.
  5. In the Save As dialog box, in the File name box, type a name for the screen shot, and then click Save.

You can now print or email the saved screen shot just like you would any other picture.
25th February 2013, 10:01 AM   |  #1096  
Flag Petaluma

2,637 posts
Donate to Me
More
Exclamation Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.66-Beta - Google Apps
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejbmvp

im sure he will repsond yo you. but i believe you had the same issues thats been going on for me (see my above post) and some others over the past 10+ pages. basically go back a few pages and download 4.1.60 and use that to install google apps.

ejbmvp,

The new version has been fixed, the old version does install but it installs older Apps. We spent over 8 hours today on the Google Apps install and the Audio upgrades, all the options execute without causing any problems on the Kindle Fire. The current version installs apps that we dated back in December of 2012, version 60 installs Apps that were dated back in January 2012, almost 1 year older apps.

The new version 66 is going to be converted from Beta to Stable by the end of this week. This point forward we are working on polishing the code, new features are on hold until this version converts to stable. This is one of the reasons we stayed up all night and worked though the day today, we wanted to pull out all the issues from the current code, I really believe we are finally there, check the new version when you have time.

*****Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.66-Beta RunMe 02/25/13 at 00:30 for Microsoft Windows*****

Note

25th February 2013, 10:11 AM   |  #1097  
Flag Alexandria
Thanks Meter: 44

245 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BELASCO

I suppose some of the music will have to go.

I'm not really sure that this will fix the problem, I think the "system" partition has a separate 1GB storage , And if that is the case then deleting files from the SDCard will not fix this problem, again, I'm not sure if this is correct, so if this fixes your problem let me know.
The Following User Says Thank You to AmrBanawan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th February 2013, 10:14 AM   |  #1098  
Thanks Meter: 1

18 posts
Hi Chris,

After installing bravia before the fix and then having to restore my kindle i suddenly can't get ADB to connect, its ON in the kindle, I've tried installing the drivers, it reconises the Kindle but as soon as ADB is turned on in the kindle another Kindle shows up with a yellow triangle, Nothing I do seems to work to solve it now
25th February 2013, 10:22 AM   |  #1099  
Flag Petaluma

2,637 posts
Donate to Me
More
Exclamation Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.66-Beta - Recovery and Driver Questions
Quote:
Originally Posted by dekor8tor

hi Chris i rooted the kindle it came up in root checker that i was rooted so i installed the google apps no problem then i installed the sony xLoud and this is where the problems began when it had installed the kindle screen went black then it came up on computer screen about installing drivers.the kindle does not boot now when i power it up it says kindle fire then the screen stays black and when i plug it into the computer under device manager it shows other devices/kindle yellow triangle it says installing drivers then says no drivers can be found ope you can help me with this problem as i cannot do anything with the kindle

dekor8tor,

I am really sorry dekor8tor, we found a bug in the xLoud install. The bug has been pulled from the package and we inserted new code and packages. These new packages were tested one by one today. Option 27 now executes smoothly but you need to be sure you are running Version 66, this is the version that includes the new files and code.

As a matter of fact, we spent well over 8 to 10 hours today to make all the options smooth. We took the time to Polish up Option 20 Qemu Method Root and Option 21 Root Many Android Method Root. Then we went down the list, when we got to the Google Apps we took the time to upgrade all the apps, we now run the latest and greatest version of ICS Google Apps all are signed APK's. Then we got to the Audio upgrades, these are very important tom us, I design ultra high end amps and preamp's for Peter Quatrup with Audio Note, so music and sound are really my specialty. having said this, we take special care when building out Option 27, 28 and 29. When we tested Option 27 today, it Bricked my Kindle, so we then restored it and began to debug the code and packages, it did not take long, we found the problem with the Audio upgrades. Some of the source packages provided by Sony were for Jelly Bean, we accidentally deployed a few of the Jelly Bean files when we uploaded the upgrade to our servers. Today we pulled and replaced the files. Now Option 27, 28 and 29 run perfectly on the Kindle Fire. We will be adding a GUI/Interface to tweak the settings. We are in the middle iof building the Framework now. The upgrade works without the interface, we just want to give the end user the same functions and options offered on Sony tablets that include Xloud and Bravia Engine 2.

The long story short? You can safely install the audio options without worrying about Bricking the Kindle. You may use Option 38 to fix the Broken install. Option 38 is a new Option deployed in Version 4.1.66-Beta today at 00:30. Worse case scenario, you may use our software to flash new software.

You mentioned about a Yellow Triangle in Device Manager, correct? Here is a Post describing the solution:

HOW TO FIX THE YELLOW KINDLE TRIANGLE: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1062

When you run the options, can you post a screen shot so we can polish the code some more? We know the code runs without causing trouble, what we need now is different users output (screen shot) since everyones setup is different and the output may vary as the desktops change.

Note

Version 4.1.66-Beta at 22:02 Change Log:
6. Streamlined Qemu Root

25th February 2013, 10:30 AM   |  #1100  
Flag Petaluma

2,637 posts
Donate to Me
More
Exclamation Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.66-Beta - Restore Problem
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmrBanawan

I have the same problem but after i re-flashed the system, instead of a black screen i now get a blue glowing kindle fire logo and i am stuck on it!

AmrBanawan,

Excellent! Despite the boot issues the Kindle is responding to commands, cool. Please download Rev 66 and run Option 38 Fix a Broken Install.

Can you take a picture and post the Kindle Fire Screen?

You see, my thoughts are the Kindle Fire is Booting to a point, correct? Kind of like it is missing the build.prop file. Option 38 attempts to copy a new build.prop to the Kindle then fixes the permissions. Please post a screen shot of the output from Option 38 so we can see just how much the Kindle is responding. What confuses me is that you flashed new software, correct? Then it should boot fine, I am confused. Maybe the output will explain a little.

Version 4.1.66-Beta at 22:02 Change Log:
6. Streamlined Qemu Root

HOW TO FIX THE YELLOW KINDLE TRIANGLE: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1062

When you run the options, can you post a screen shot so we can polish the code some more? We know the code runs without causing trouble, what we need now is different users output (screen shot) since everyones setup is different and the output may vary as the desktops change.

Note

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
kfhd system.img restore tool, kindle fire brick, kindle fire recovery, kindle fire restore, kindle fire utility
Previous Thread Next Thread