Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,791 Members 47,373 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[AOKP] IceColdJelly421 - 1.6 - JellyBean 4.2.1_r1 : Internal SDCARD not showing up??

Tip us?

rockingturtle
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjornops View Post
Hi, I'm also having some trouble trying to get to the 2.0.. - looking forward to it, Lord
(btw I have searched, but it's too much info to comprehend)

**1**
AFAIK I need to update my hboot (currently 0.95) and I installed the original backup (clean One X from HTC) and was trying the OTA update, but I get an error where recovery can't find the path ( "[E:...]")

Does it need original recovery?

**2**
Also when I'm trying to use the mv * ../ commands I get this:

mv can't rename '.': Device or resource busy

I'm not that experienced with the cmd/terminal stuff, so I can't really debug on my own yet :/

What does this error mean and how to fix it?

Thanks!
#1 Yes, I have also faced this problem, the best is to restore HTC's stock ROM and recovery (this is important, as custom recoveries dont work) and then update. You can find the orignal recovery in the threads. People have posted them

#2 Did you follow the exact steps of booting into fastboot, adb shell and execute the commands from there? You might want to try a different boot.img for this. I used ARHD boot.img to do the changes and then got back to ICJ. I had to change my boot.img, because the ICJ was not showing my SDCARD at all.

Let me know if this helped.

-Rock

rockingturtle
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
BTW on 2.1 ICJ now and loving it. I am facing some wifi, GPS issues. But that might be just because of my router (for wifi, as I had trouble connecting to my wifi even from mac, restart of router did the trick), for GPS / Signal, I noted low signal from carrier, so will wait for few more days.

Also noted that my soft keys are often skipping. The home button needs to be clicked twice at times. But in general and overall a very good ROM.

Thanks L0rd !!!

-Rock

rockingturtle
Old
(Last edited by rockingturtle; 25th February 2013 at 08:00 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Facing the following issues with 2.1:
1) The GPS fixing is taking a lot of time. I remember at office, I usually get a fix very quickly, but taking time now.
2) Post playing games (subway surfer), the device gets heated a lot specially around the camera area. This is draining the battery a bit.
3) Still loosing battery a bit faster than it did earlier.
4) The home button / associated vibrations dont register at times and I need to try them again. Also noted in subway surfer that game play is a bit jerky and some of my swipes are not registered. This might be due to any off: ROM, Kernel, Game, a poor screen guard.

Trying to get some data (logs etc) to substantiate the above observations. Might shift to ARHD for sometime to compare the data and provide better inputs.

-Rock

rockingturtle
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Installed ARHD, details captured here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ostcount=39640

bjornops
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Yeah, I troubled the guys in their main thread after the HTC RUU exe surpriced me by erasing my SDcard, and mattoffshore gave me this link to a simple flashing tool: http://www.mediafire.com/?oik6tjvo28r9d

it worked out nicely, hboot 1.39 on .401. HTC__Y13 (tags for other unfortunate searchers)

ICJ 2.1 until the next release any day now haven't had any big issues except a few camera FC and random hot reboots

-bjornops