Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,758 Members 37,989 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] So disappointed with my Verizon Galaxy Note 2...

Tip us?

BoostedB18C
Old
Thanks Meter 808
Default Re: [Q] So disappointed with my Verizon Galaxy Note 2...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pool_shark View Post
I will never understand why people immediately jump to "my NEW phone can't do this" before first finding out if they're doing something incorrectly.
People don't want to have to do work.
Most common example: All I used to do was plug in my iphone and it did it for me...

Sent From My Beans Powered Note2
The Following User Says Thank You to BoostedB18C For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TonikJDK
Old
Thanks Meter 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichibanjay View Post
Go to Samsung's website and download the USB drivers for the Note 2. Oh hey, look at that, I linked it below for you:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/ow...SCH-I605MSAVZW

Under Manuals/Downloads --> Click Software

After you install the drivers, connect your Note using your USB cable. If your Note doesn't show up on the computer as a removable hard drive, open up your Note with the USB cable still plugged in --> pull down your notifications bar --> select the USB "Connected as an Installer" option --> Check "Media device (MTP) option

Hope that helps.
This is all I have ever done. Used those exact drivers on multiple computers, two at work and one at home. Works fine no matter what cable I use. In fact I have never used the factory cable.

billku
Old
Thanks Meter 51
I don't have to use the cable it came with, which is lucky since I bought it used without the cable.

tgyberg
Old
Thanks Meter 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Idol View Post
So remember guys, listen to your wife. Lol

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
Don't have one, need to borrow yours! :P

jmorton10
Old
Thanks Meter 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ManWolfePack View Post
Horrible thread title.
LOL, no kidding......
~John

VZ Note 3, rooted, Beans ROM/Nova Prime/Custom icons
Gear watch with Null 22.1 ROM & Trangulum kernel,themed etc.

Kindle Fire HDX 8.9, rooted W/ Google Playstore & Amazon app store working.
Amazon Prime Video/GMAIL etc. all working perfectly.
Leather Origami case.
Moshi iVisor XT screen protector

MS Surface Pro Tablet W/touch KB
64 gig plus Sandisk (junk) 64 gig MicroSD

Lol, I feel sorry for the pathetic posters who beg everybody to thank them in their signatures.....
The Following User Says Thank You to jmorton10 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bendystrawboy
Old
Thanks Meter 57
ive never had any issue using any usb cable, I kinda find it hard to believe. My notes cable hasnt left its charger by my bed since It, I use an htc cable on my laptop, a old moto one on my xbmc box, and another random cable on my ps3.

seems kinda odd.

elcucaramacara
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Still pretty upset with Samsung

OK Guys, I apologize if i hurt some feelings out there, but come on!... don't you think that for a flagship phone Samsung should make it easier for users ... by the way I tried the cable and it finally did all the drivers installs, but i still cant plug and play (it only hooks up as camera), now it tells me that i have a """"HARDWARE ID MISSING""""" after researching , I un-instal the newest driver , installed an old version 1.4 , 1.5 , etc, etc and STILL" no luck , I check on the USB connection as media device and it goes back to camera ... any new advice....
I'm Not Afraid Anymore......

kintwofan
Old
(Last edited by kintwofan; 25th February 2013 at 12:07 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2842

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcucaramacara View Post
OK Guys, I apologize if i hurt some feelings out there, but come on!... don't you think that for a flagship phone Samsung should make it easier for users ... by the way I tried the cable and it finally did all the drivers installs, but i still cant plug and play (it only hooks up as camera), now it tells me that i have a """"HARDWARE ID MISSING""""" after researching , I un-instal the newest driver , installed an old version 1.4 , 1.5 , etc, etc and STILL" no luck , I check on the USB connection as media device and it goes back to camera ... any new advice....
Dude I think this is user error. My wife is so computer illiterate and she still has no problems using her phone. By the way this is even her first smartphone. For the record both mine and hers we just plug in and started browsing the files. It was just plug and play.

For your problem, what os is your computer and I don't see it mentioned but are you stock still?
Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to kintwofan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

droidstyle
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3365

DONATE TO ME
go back to your htc device and spare us note 2 users our sanity!
Devices:
VZW Galaxy Note III Dev. Edition
VZW Galaxy S III
Asus T. Prime
---------
VZW Galaxy S Fascinate GUIDE
VZW Galaxy S III GUIDE
VZW Galaxy Note II GUIDE
VZW Galaxy Note III GUIDE
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to droidstyle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nunyazz
Old
Thanks Meter 148

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nunyazz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]