Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,560 Members 54,728 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][OFFICIAL][KitKat 4.4.4][d2lte] PAC-man 4.4.4.RC-1

Tip us?

klin1344
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5,530

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Brizz View Post
Does anyone have Instant Upload albums in Gallery? I liked having those but it seems that I don't have Picasa Web Albums sync available in my account even after installing Google+.

Any ideas?

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

I looked into it further. It seems that the CM camera doesn't do Picasa Sync. Sad face

I flashed the old Jelly Bean camera for now. It seems the 4.2 GoogleGallery is what is needed but the camera on there is all hokey. Is there a 4.2 camera that doesn't have the hard freezing problem when taking a picture with the flash on and without pre-focusing?
No, there isn't unfortunately. Unless the camera is built from source for the GS3 like the CM10.1 camera, any camera apk that you find will have the hard freezing problem.
Nexus 5 - Android 4.4.4 KitKat

| [APP][FREE][4.0+]Cardify Flashcards |
Intuitive and simple user interface, yet powerful and feature-packed.

| [GAME][FREE][2.2+]Energy City |
A simple, yet captivating 2D game that will test your reflexes—and patience!

klin1344
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5,530

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Brizz View Post
Personally, I love this feature. At least half the time, I want to close everything but the last thing I was doing. The rest of the time I don't mind swiping it away, if I even care. You get rid of all of the memory sucking apps in one shot this way anyway.

I am loving the latest build. Stable as snot, great performance, excellent battery life.
Thanks, glad you enjoy this ROM. There will be another update tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by drinfernoo View Post
Shouldn't it kill all of them if you are at the home screen?

Also, I am working on a better animation

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
Yeah I wish AOSPA would implement this feature, so that if you are on the home screen it will automatically kill all apps, but when you are in another app it will close all of them except the one you are in. Who knows...maybe they are working on it..
And looking forward to see your bootanim!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to klin1344 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

drinfernoo
Old
Thanks Meter 303
Default Re: [ROM][OFFICIAL][4.2.2] PAC-Man ROM v20.0.0 ~AOSPA + AOKP + CM10.1~ (2/21/13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by klin1344 View Post
Thanks, glad you enjoy this ROM. There will be another update tomorrow
Awesome

Quote:
Yeah I wish AOSPA would implement this feature, so that if you are on the home screen it will automatically kill all apps, but when you are in another app it will close all of them except the one you are in. Who knows...maybe they are working on it..
And looking forward to see your bootanim!
I am more concerned with apps not being stopped properly to begin with. I'm having apps, even if I choose the quit option or even "hold back to kill", that stay in the queue like they are still open.

It'll be coming but I work 9 of the next 10 days So we'll see.

klin1344
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5,530

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Awesome

I am more concerned with apps not being stopped properly to begin with. I'm having apps, even if I choose the quit option or even "hold back to kill", that stay in the queue like they are still open.

It'll be coming but I work 9 of the next 10 days So we'll see.

We have 2GB of RAM, what are you worrying about??

drinfernoo
Old
Thanks Meter 303
Default Re: [ROM][OFFICIAL][4.2.2] PAC-Man ROM v20.0.0 ~AOSPA + AOKP + CM10.1~ (2/21/13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by klin1344 View Post
We have 2GB of RAM, what are you worrying about??
Kills my battery life and turns up the heat on my phone to near-surface-of-the-sun temperatures XD

oilers2010
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Kills my battery life and turns up the heat on my phone to near-surface-of-the-sun temperatures XD

Sounds like a rogue app or an hardware issue in my opinion.

Try factory reseting the phone and clearing all data/cache (incl davlik). Leave the phone for a bit to see if the problem happens again.
HTC ONE

drinfernoo
Old
Thanks Meter 303

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers2010 View Post
Sounds like a rogue app or an hardware issue in my opinion.

Try factory reseting the phone and clearing all data/cache (incl davlik). Leave the phone for a bit to see if the problem happens again.
Did you see what we were talking about? Because of overlapping stuff in this ROM, apps are evidently not getting closed correctly, as well as staying in the recents list. It is common knowledge that leaving apps running means the CPU works harder, and higher CPU usage means higher temperatures and more battery drain.

Wond3r
Old
Thanks Meter 177

Quote:
Did you see what we were talking about? Because of overlapping stuff in this ROM, apps are evidently not getting closed correctly, as well as staying in the recents list. It is common knowledge that leaving apps running means the CPU works harder, and higher CPU usage means higher temperatures and more battery drain.

Common knowledge?
There have been long posts and sticky threads about this so I think the contrary is common knowledge.
Those apps aren't actually RUNNING in the back. It's actually beneficial in a few ways when you don't kill them.
Take a look at the many many threads about task killers.

Android will manage the apps properly and know when to kill them.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using xda app-developers app

Cuddlesy
Old
Thanks Meter 23

Yeah, there's really a lot more to Android app management. That elementary view of "if it's running in recents you're wasting battery!!1" is a bit silly.

The Following User Says Thank You to Cuddlesy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

drinfernoo
Old
Thanks Meter 303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wond3r View Post
Android will manage the apps properly and know when to kill them.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using xda app-developers app
This may be the case in general, but klin mentioned about a page ago that because of the overlapping nature of this ROM, it isn't happening correctly.

---------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuddlesy View Post
Yeah, there's really a lot more to Android app management. That elementary view of "if it's running in recents you're wasting battery!!1" is a bit silly.

And I can notice a very discrete difference in my battery performance when I have apps "running" in recents, versus when I don't.

The Following User Says Thank You to drinfernoo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]