XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Why Can't I Use Custom Roms

Tip us?

sholsten
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
Default [Q] Why Can't I Use Custom Roms

Every time i install any of the custom rom on my Hong Kong GT-N7105; the screen flickers on the Samsung intro screen and then it goes dark. If I press the buttons a few times it'll finally come on, but it does it every reboot. It also doesn't recognize the SD card and corrupts it. I'll finally get aggravated & go back to stock. What can I do different?

Another question. Why do I have to wipe & reset settings every time before it will reboot on stock after I install it with Odin?
Save gas, drive a Diesel

AT&T SM-G900A Black S5 - Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8013 - Galaxy Mega GT-I9205 On the shelf.

AcoAlex
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Default Re: [Q] Why Can't I Use Custom Roms

I got an answer 4 u bro. Dont root it again and stop doing it, ok. If u don't know what you doing, then don't do it. It's 4 your own good peace-out

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

sholsten
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
Well, that's about what I decided to do. I don't like stock 4.1.1 looking like Gingerbread. I sure had a lot better luck doing my Note 1 that is when i stayed away from the D2att Roms.
Save gas, drive a Diesel

AT&T SM-G900A Black S5 - Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8013 - Galaxy Mega GT-I9205 On the shelf.

colint3
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Make sure you are installing a custom rom for the N7105 because the roms for the N7100 don't work on the N7105.

sholsten
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by colint3 View Post
Make sure you are installing a custom rom for the N7105 because the roms for the N7100 don't work on the N7105.
I try to use ones that have t0lte in the file name.
Save gas, drive a Diesel

ahkiongkc
Old
Thanks Meter 33
I have the same issue like yours few days ago but i manage to solve it. The problem lies with the root file. May i know what file did you use to root your phone? I use cf-auto-note2 on my N7100 but after changing it to CWM.... it works like charm. Do try it out.

Previously... after root or flash custom rom, my screen flickered. After changing to the right root file.... it is solved 100%

sholsten
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahkiongkc View Post
I have the same issue like yours few days ago but i manage to solve it. The problem lies with the root file. May i know what file did you use to root your phone? I use cf-auto-note2 on my N7100 but after changing it to CWM.... it works like charm. Do try it out.

Previously... after root or flash custom rom, my screen flickered. After changing to the right root file.... it is solved 100%
Sorry, I just now saw your response. I use the SuperSU 0.99 root file in the Note 2 Tool kit. There's a Superuser 3.1.3 but it wouldn't install. I'll look for & try the one you suggested. Thanks...
Save gas, drive a Diesel

ahkiongkc
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholsten View Post
Sorry, I just now saw your response. I use the SuperSU 0.99 root file in the Note 2 Tool kit. There's a Superuser 3.1.3 but it wouldn't install. I'll look for & try the one you suggested. Thanks...
Glad if i really can help. Do let me know the update once flash it. You can take a look at this... http://theunlockr.com/2013/01/15/how...e-2-lte-n7105/
The Following User Says Thank You to ahkiongkc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sholsten
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahkiongkc View Post
Glad if i really can help. Do let me know the update once flash it. You can take a look at this... http://theunlockr.com/2013/01/15/how...e-2-lte-n7105/
i just found & ran the CF Auto Root you suggested. It loaded fine, but I tried the Paranoid JB Rom and it still crashed. So, I'm back to square one.
Save gas, drive a Diesel

ahkiongkc
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholsten View Post
i just found & ran the CF Auto Root you suggested. It loaded fine, but I tried the Paranoid JB Rom and it still crashed. So, I'm back to square one.
Do not use CF Auto Root. I used that before and it crashed too. Look for CWM Recovery.