Ask a question

No registration required

[4.2.2][MIUIv5 4.2.7] XT925

OP Tquetski

Tquetski
23rd February 2013, 07:36 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
Is it home, launcher? The way you respond will help me determine if I really have to edit your kernel which is starting to feel like an inevitability lol :l
Tquetski
24th February 2013, 07:02 AM   |  #12  

n/a posts
Guys, I'm going to bump this to ask if in the builds I posted, did the status bar appear in any of them?

As soon as this single bad issue is resolved I will be able to bring a fully functional MIUI to this device, I've already created a kernel for this device to be used exclusively with MIUI roms, but before I make the next test build, did the second fix the status bar?

The next build will include the kernel either way, but if this one is fine outside of needing the kernel I see no reason to re-port : P

Again, ALL FORCE QUITS ARE KERNEL RELATED and not indicative of progress If you do not have a MIUI kernel, all I need for people to watch for is a working status bar It appears midway through rom setup, it does not initially appear right away, so I'd appreciate it if folks would wait to get to the MIUI launcher before commenting on if the bar may or may not be missing
24th February 2013, 10:43 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 6

15 posts
The status bar is visible for me. I installed 0.2 Alpha.

Also none of the on-screen buttons work. I'm not sure if this is related to the force closes, but thought I'd mention it just in case.
Last edited by albinowalrus; 24th February 2013 at 10:50 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to albinowalrus For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Tquetski
25th February 2013, 01:11 AM   |  #14  

n/a posts
Ok! New build is up, as with the other two builds I have also re-ported this from the ground up.

Fixes SHOULD include all phone lights, Force Quits in Home and Themes have been fully resolved.

This Rom includes a MIUI specific Kernel as well

Edit: Now that I've taken the effort to make a Kernel for this rom It is only a matter of time before It's fully functional, If you were to use this kernel in 0.2 of this rom it would resolve all FC issues relating to home launcher and other system components.

I felt the need to ground-up it due to the LED light framework error, which should be fixed here but I can't be positive,I need full bug reports asap : )
Last edited by Tquetski; 25th February 2013 at 01:14 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th February 2013, 02:35 AM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 3

31 posts
constant reboot during power up. wont even reach logo. tried to wipe everything 2 times but still not working.
Tquetski
25th February 2013, 02:39 AM   |  #16  

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krizid

constant reboot during power up. wont even reach logo. tried to wipe everything 2 times but still not working.

Frontal keys are a bitch, Krizid is testing before I post a release, the next forum post will likely be a functional rom, stay tuned : )
Last edited by Tquetski; 25th February 2013 at 03:31 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Tquetski
25th February 2013, 08:53 AM   |  #17  

n/a posts
Progress Report

MIUI is currently fully functional

MIUI currently needs a kernel. If anyone here can unpack and repack this phones boot.img without causing a bootloop
contact me asap, a kernel or way to run shelld is all that is left

So either

1) MIUI Kernel to call Shelld

2) Some other means of calling shelld

Let me know if anyone has ideas!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Tquetski
27th February 2013, 05:54 AM   |  #18  

n/a posts
Progress Report
2/26/13
Broken
- Unable to hang up calls
- System UI Force Quit upon editing Navbar properties
(Not a big deal, just annoying)

MIUI Kernel has been completed, It's possible I may be able to post a build tonite or tomorrow.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Tquetski
28th February 2013, 12:17 AM   |  #19  

n/a posts
OK folks, I'm posting a build of this for observation purposes and also for the kernel, in case other people want to help debug this, or make their own MIUI to speed up the time this phone can have a fully functional MIUI : D

Once again, this is an alpha that does mostly work, but is broken in places that really need fixing, I will post another build when this enters beta
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th February 2013, 02:49 AM   |  #20  
Flag Orlando, FL
Thanks Meter: 22

154 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tquetski

OK folks, I'm posting a build of this for observation purposes and also for the kernel, in case other people want to help debug this, or make their own MIUI to speed up the time this phone can have a fully functional MIUI : D

Once again, this is an alpha that does mostly work, but is broken in places that really need fixing, I will post another build when this enters beta

What's MIUI based on? CM10? Just curious...

Isn't MIUI V5 due out March 1st? Will you be able to to simply add merge code like CM does currently for future releases?

Also, as someone hesitant to switch to anything other than stock (which is so functional)...how does MIUI incorporate Google Apps?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread