Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,872 Members 52,958 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][Nov 1]★★ CleanROM Inheritance 3.5 | JB 10.4.4.25 | ODEX/DEODEX | Full ROM ★★

Tip us?

GigaSPX
Old
Thanks Meter 2
It's definitely -24. I think Marty definitely does have the right idea about what's going on, but to be honest...I'm just afraid of doing factory reset on this android tablet. I did it once before, and it bricked my tablet last time when I did whatsoever things I wasn't supposed to do. I got rid of the first one and now got this and had everything set straight in order the way it was intended to be...until now.

What are some big premeasures I should take to assure things won't mess up? While I'm at it, should I just grab the new 10.4.4.25 from Asus and update the entire system image? I only updated the bootloader with the file sdbags posted in this topic, but I'm not sure if my entire system was actually updated with the fixes provided in that list for the new update. Will I have to reroot it after?

Blah, so many questions >_<

primaleph
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I just installed 3.4.1 ODEX version. I noticed that while the Hundsbuah OC kernel is listed in the appropriate screen of the installer, there's no option for the Hundsbuah Tweaks (even though they're listed in the release notes). Was that intentional, or did I miss something?

ghenarys
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Mirror for 3.4.1 Deodex
GalaxyS3 pebble blue (16Gb + µSD 64Gb) - Android 4.4
Asus TF700T grey (64Gb + µSD 64Gb + SD 64Gb) - Android 4.4
The Following User Says Thank You to ghenarys For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

iamborba
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by GigaSPX View Post
It's definitely -24. I think Marty definitely does have the right idea about what's going on, but to be honest...I'm just afraid of doing factory reset on this android tablet. I did it once before, and it bricked my tablet last time when I did whatsoever things I wasn't supposed to do. I got rid of the first one and now got this and had everything set straight in order the way it was intended to be...until now.

What are some big premeasures I should take to assure things won't mess up? While I'm at it, should I just grab the new 10.4.4.25 from Asus and update the entire system image? I only updated the bootloader with the file sdbags posted in this topic, but I'm not sure if my entire system was actually updated with the fixes provided in that list for the new update. Will I have to reroot it after?

I had your exact problem,what i did was go into roots system folder data/data and saw a folder called com.android.chrome made a back up of it then tried to delete it but even though i have root,it wouldnt let me delete it.So i renamed it com.bandroid,chrome.After doing that i was able to install chrome from google play.

blickley
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default Re: [ROM][24 Feb]★★CleanROM Inheritance 3.4.1 | JB 10.4.4.25 | ODEX/DEODEX | 4 Kernel

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamborba View Post
I had your exact problem,what i did was go into roots system folder data/data and saw a folder called com.android.chrome made a back up of it then tried to delete it but even though i have root,it wouldnt let me delete it.So i renamed it com.bandroid,chrome.After doing that i was able to install chrome from google play.
Same problem here. This solution worked. Thanks!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

sbdags
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 12316

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaleph View Post
I just installed 3.4.1 ODEX version. I noticed that while the Hundsbuah OC kernel is listed in the appropriate screen of the installer, there's no option for the Hundsbuah Tweaks (even though they're listed in the release notes). Was that intentional, or did I miss something?
You must install H's kernel then you get the tweaks. If you want them on their own with another kernel then flash from kernel installer.
ASUS Transformer TF700T/TF201/TF300T(GL)/ME301T
[ROM] CROMBi-kk TF700T Infinity
[ROM] CROMBi-kk TF300T | TF201T | ME301T
[ROM] CROMi-X TF700T Infinity
[ROM] mini-C TF700T Infinity
[ROM] CROMi-X TF300T(GL) | TF201T Prime | ME301T Smart Pad 10

ASUS Transformer TF701T
[ROM] CROMi-X TF701T
[ROM] CROMBi-kk TF701

Google Nexus 5
Rocking Stock!

Please Donate Here to support CROMi-X / CROMBi-kk Development
The Following User Says Thank You to sbdags For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sbdags
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 12316

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [ROM][24 Feb]★★CleanROM Inheritance 3.4.1 | JB 10.4.4.25 | ODEX/DEODEX | 4 Kernel

BTW those of you with Asus Weather Widget problems. You need the one from 3.3 if clearing data doesn't help. The one from 3.3 is a hacked version. It was not compatible with stock thus why I left it out. It is difficult to support both as I have no idea where it works and where it doesn't.

I have noticed that the stock weather widget doesn't like being resized on non stock launchers as well. Anyway I'll included the hacked ones in post 2 as an unofficial unsupported add on when I get back tonight.
ASUS Transformer TF700T/TF201/TF300T(GL)/ME301T
[ROM] CROMBi-kk TF700T Infinity
[ROM] CROMBi-kk TF300T | TF201T | ME301T
[ROM] CROMi-X TF700T Infinity
[ROM] mini-C TF700T Infinity
[ROM] CROMi-X TF300T(GL) | TF201T Prime | ME301T Smart Pad 10

ASUS Transformer TF701T
[ROM] CROMi-X TF701T
[ROM] CROMBi-kk TF701

Google Nexus 5
Rocking Stock!

Please Donate Here to support CROMi-X / CROMBi-kk Development
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sbdags For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MartyHulskemper
Old
Thanks Meter 365

Quote:
Originally Posted by GigaSPX View Post

As the others said: I'd give a shot manually. That way you don't lose apps, settings, root access or whatever else you may not think of now until after you push the button. It should be a recognizable folder, and that way you stay in control of what happens and when.

Q: has anyone tried the battery digit/color mod (by pjc21) yet? If not, I might give it a shot after I have gotten through with a nandroid and let you know.

---------- Post added at 08:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyHulskemper View Post
As the others said: I'd give a shot manually. That way you don't lose apps, settings, root access or whatever else you may not think of now until after you push the button. It should be a recognizable folder, and that way you stay in control of what happens and when.

Q: has anyone tried the battery digit/color mod (by pjc21) yet? If not, I might give it a shot after I have gotten through with a nandroid and let you know.
UPDATE: Meh. I see a lot of framework, and those underwent some significant changes, I heard. I will refrain from screwing up this time and try to be patient.
"Professionals are predictable, but the world is full of amateurs."
-- Murphy's Military Laws, as referenced on http://www.military-info.com/freebies/murphy.htm

"The skill of accurate perception is called cynicism by those who don't possess it."
-- Alan Millar

GigaSPX
Old
Thanks Meter 2

I've already tried looking around and it's to no avail. I managed to find the folder for com.android.chrome, added the apk file in it, placed the folder into System Tuner backups and tried restoring from there. It says it's restored, but later it says it didn't.

Is there a consequence to reflashing a previous version of CROMI to reinstall the Chrome that was in its package? I want to see if that could work instead.

Oh and for the renaming of the folder, I can't find the folder in the places you stated. They were just empty...
It almost feels like Chrome is blacklisted or something, and I never did such thing...

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Sloneycomb
Old
Thanks Meter 5
This is the greatest ROM ever!!! Mean and Clean! Thanks a trillabyte!

Tags
cleanrom, infinity, inheritance, jelly bean, tf700