5,597,261 Members 40,754 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Killer feature : 2xfront speaker + infra remote control + ultrapixel with OIS.

Tip us?

unixon
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maedhros View Post
T4 isn't that big of a jump from the S600. I wouldn't feel left out if they did go that route lol.
Eh, who knows. It "sounds awesome" but I mean, I have never touched a Tegra 4. The Tegra 3 on my N7 offers awful performance although I'm setting my hopes higher for the OUYA Console (I preordered it c. I really think that Nvidia can make a big catch up though. If you think about it, most high end phones really aren't lagging in the UI department, what's really pushing the phones is 3D rendering and I mean... Nvidia pretty much sets the bar on PC Graphics. That's why I have high hopes for the Tegra 4. And also just hoping it will succeed .

Google Nexus 4 16GB:
ROM: Paranoid Android 3.15
Kernel: Franco Kernel M1
Bootloader: Occam JDQ39
Recovery: TeamWin Recovery 2.4.4.0
Service Provider: T-Mobile USA

HTC EVO V 4G:
ROM: CyanogenMod 10.1
Kernel: HTC Stock
Bootloader: 1.04 ENG

quattro_rs
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Default Re: Killer feature : 2xfront speaker + infra remote control + ultrapixel with OIS.

I like nvidia I actually have 2x gtx670 on my pc but tegra was/is a failure.

Sent from my M040 using Tapatalk 2

Dr. lele
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddragon72 View Post
Quadrant: 12026 (CPU: 35114, Mem: 10821, I/O 10908, 2D: 1006, 3D: 2253)

you'll have to dig around for other phones results. But remember more than just pixels are being pushed, the CPU needs to feed the GPU and handle sound/memory/AI all at once so even a lesser GPU can benefit from a CPU upgrade.

From all the vids I've watched the interface seems very smooth at 1080p so it looks like the CPU/VPU/GPU can handle it.
I'm kinda worried because the S3 had almost the same results in de 2D/3D department... Is that due to full hd?

http://images.fonearena.com/blog/wp-...t-576x1024.png

http://samsunggeeks.com/wp-content/u...t-Standard.png
  • Phone: HTC One (Third replacement...but it works )
  • ROM: ARHD 31.5

biohaufen
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Default AW: Killer feature : 2xfront speaker + infra remote control + ultrapixel with OIS.

@Dr. lele: Yes, I also think that the reason is Full HD.
But my S3 get's around 2400 3D points in Quadrant.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

Dr. lele
Old
Thanks Meter 15
So basically that means that the One will perform about as well in 3d games as the S3 does? I know quadrant is not that exact but the gpu scores are at least guidelines. That's kind of sad. I am not sure anymore if the fullhd is truly a positive step. Maybe 900p would have been enough and allow the one to perform better than previous phones.
  • Phone: HTC One (Third replacement...but it works )
  • ROM: ARHD 31.5

xXxG0dzRAgexXx
Old
Thanks Meter 257
The best feature to me would probably be the screen. It looks amazing. I thought 720p Screens were impressive but 1080p will be great. Just worried about how well the phones processor is going to be able to power that screen. The benchmarks look good though so im not so worried.

unixon
Old
(Last edited by unixon; 25th February 2013 at 11:17 AM.)
Thanks Meter 15
Thanks to Maedhros for the headsup, Tegra 4i is the actual competition we're looking at for Snapdragons 600 line.

Google Nexus 4 16GB:
ROM: Paranoid Android 3.15
Kernel: Franco Kernel M1
Bootloader: Occam JDQ39
Service Provider: T-Mobile USA

HTC EVO V 4G:
ROM: CyanogenMod 10.1
Kernel: HTC Stock
Bootloader: 1.04 ENG

Maedhros
Old
(Last edited by Maedhros; 25th February 2013 at 05:02 AM.)
Thanks Meter 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by unixon View Post
http://www.engadget.com/2013/02/24/n...4-benchmarked/

Just slamming this on the table real quick, to the guy who says that the T4 won't beat the 600.
What phones is T4 coming to...? If I'm not mistaken T4i is the Smartphone version (which isn't even A15...).

Not to mention T4 will be out end of this year. By the time its out, 800 will be in most phones. Then after that Snapdragon will have an improved SoC.

If T4 was out now, competing with the S600 then ok. But what is the point of T4 if it comes out at the end of the year?

In my books that is what makes it weaker then the 600.

EDIT:

Also see:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbotab View Post
Tweet from Francois Piednoel (Senior Intel Engineer), talking about Atom Z2580 used in the Lenovo K900 smartphone. Maybe HTC will go with Intel next year..

#Tegra4 numbers are really low for the thermal envelop used in this tablets, on AnTuTu, Clovertrail+ is not too far with 1/4 of the power
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbotab View Post
Tegra 4, excellent Sunspider Scores, which I expected as A15 is good at javascript. When we look at the graphics section of Quadrant, Tegra 4 is not much faster, in fact it is slower in 2D.

The GLBenchmark score we must treat with CAUTION, it is not the same as the original Eygpt HD offscreen. It appears to be using a new texture type. The new test listed is called C24Z16 Offscreen ECT1, the one we know for iPad 4 etc is called C24Z16 Offscreen , we don't how this new texture type affects performance it could make faster or slower, I've emailed the GLB people to find out. Still I would not mind the T4 in a new Nexus 7, as I mainly web browse on it.

Quadrant

Tegra 4
2D - 330
3D - 2400
http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/02...rks-and-stats/

Snapdragon 600

2D - 1014
3D - 2279

http://runtechno.com/wp-content/uplo...nt-HTC-One.jpg
The Following User Says Thank You to Maedhros For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

paulrh
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Gore View Post
As for the speakers I don't know...
I play 99% of my games muted
I won't watch videos on it because of the battery
Listening to music through such speakers is masochism
In the pocket both will be covered by my thigh so they will sound muffled
And on the table they will be acting as a huge dust collectors

Don't forget to donate if you read my post above.
To what address can I send the specimen jar?
If I have offended you please press Thanks!

vegetaleb
Old
Thanks Meter 776
About the speakers,even if they are not loud out-of-the-box we can always use a mod for speakers like sony's xloud to make them louder,I don't think that with such large grill for speakers they will be tiny like on DesireHD and Sensation