Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
View Poll Results: Which name do you prefer for the next version?
Intergalactic V 17 54.84%
Intergalactic 5 8 25.81%
I don't care, just give me more! 6 19.35%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

[ROM] Intergalactic v4.1 [AllianceRom][UCUEMJB][4.3][1/8/2014]

OP stratatak7

25th February 2013, 06:56 AM   |  #1301  
Flag springfield va
Thanks Meter: 245

647 posts
More
Does V2.6 rom zip already contains your new kernel or we need to flash it seperately?
25th February 2013, 06:59 AM   |  #1302  
OP Recognized Contributor / Swappa Representative
Flag Blacksburg, VA
Thanks Meter: 2,516

1,559 posts
Donate to Me
More
Re: [ROM] Intergalactic v2.6 [UCDLK3][2/23/2013]
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgun303

Does V2.6 rom zip already contains your new kernel or we need to flash it seperately?

Yes the new kernel is included in the ROM and scripts were added to remove anything related to the OC/OV kernel for those who want to dirty flash.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
25th February 2013, 07:02 AM   |  #1303  
Flag springfield va

647 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratatak7

Yes the new kernel is included in the ROM and scripts were added to remove anything related to the OC/OV kernel for those who want to dirty flash.

Thanks. Downloading now.
25th February 2013, 07:05 AM   |  #1304  
Flag Blacksburg, VA

1,559 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks. Downloading now.

Awesome. I saw you're from Springfield. I'm originally from Fredericksburg. Small world

25th February 2013, 07:16 AM   |  #1305  
Flag Blacksburg, VA

1,559 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiopantera

I love this thread. I first picked this ROM out because of the name. I'm sure glad I did! Still best ROM out there. Good to see some collaborating between devs/cooks. Can't wait to see what's next. Pulling out the stupid slideshow that Samsung thought was cool excites me!

Keep up the good work!

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo009

I tried AOSP in the first couple weeks of having phone and sometime in between too. Never was good. One or other was breaking, most frequent issue being flicker. Plus I missed the beloved touch wiz. So I now stick with AT&T based ROMs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiopantera

Still amazes me how big of an upgrade this phone is from my previous HTC Inspire 4G. With the work from Collective and The Family, it still packs a good punch. But nothing like this S3.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

In my AOSP bug-rage I didn't even see these posts. Lol. Yes in the next release I am going to get rid of MMS slideshow because it's completely annoying and I'm also going to do add a few other features like blacklisting, removing the split that occurs when you receive a text that is longer than 160 characters as well a few more goodies. I like already knowing what I'm going to do next thanks to us all working together now. enewman17 is using my LL1 kernel and a few init.d scripts in his new release now and I'm using his CSC mods and a few other things as well as loserskater and upndwn4par. Each one of them is a class act and we all help each other out. We might not have a cool name like the collective or anything like that but it isn't about that. It's about improving delivering the greatest experience possible to everyone and helping those who ask as a team. I think this is the greatest place to ask for help that I've ever seen on this website and I've seen a lot. Plus, all of you guys are awesome and patient with me as well. We're like a big happy, sometimes dysfunctional phone family. Haha. All jokes aside I really enjoy this and I'm glad I started doing it. It's been loads of fun and I've learned so much. Hopefully it won't hurt my résumé either. Hah!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to stratatak7 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th February 2013, 07:22 AM   |  #1306  
Flag Atlanta GA
Thanks Meter: 1,344

5,541 posts
More
I am not sure how many here use any of the stock live wallpapers. You might be good off stripping them off, and giving as an optional zip to flash if any of them want stock live wallpapers. This would reduce the size of ROM significantly.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to diablo009 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th February 2013, 07:37 AM   |  #1307  
Flag Blacksburg, VA

1,559 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I am not sure how many here use any of the stock live wallpapers. You might be good off stripping them off, and giving as an optional zip to flash if any of them want stock live wallpapers. This would reduce the size of ROM significantly.

That's a good suggestion. I actually use phase beam as my default. I'm afraid to have a static wallpaper for fear of image retention that happened with my Samsung Infuse. I think that was a faulty panel though. I could easily pull them and make them a flashable add-on if size is an issue. I'm also going to integrate the "intergalactic wallpaper" app that I wrote into the default one because there is now sense in having two apps for that now that I know how to modify the apk properly.

The Following User Says Thank You to stratatak7 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th February 2013, 07:49 AM   |  #1308  
Flag springfield va

647 posts
More
Quote:

Quote:

Awesome. I saw you're from Springfield. I'm originally from Fredericksburg. Small world

Very true. Small world. I am just finishing up my electrical engineering from Geroge Mason University. One more year. I already experianced how hell feels like lol. Before this I was a Toyota/lexus Master Tech for 6 years. That was hell too lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to topgun303 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th February 2013, 08:00 AM   |  #1309  
Flag Atlanta GA
Thanks Meter: 1,344

5,541 posts
More
I think image retention shouldn't be an issue. First of all, we have varying widgets on our screen. To add to that, we tend to spend less that 0.001% of time staring into the home screen.

By the way, I now know a reason for slightly lower battery on your phone - live wallpaper

From size perspective, removing all live wallpapers, and a couple more stock apps got ROM size down by about 30 MB, so it isn't too much.

Last edited by diablo009; 25th February 2013 at 08:05 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to diablo009 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th February 2013, 09:06 AM   |  #1310  
Flag Blacksburg, VA

1,559 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Very true. Small world. I am just finishing up my electrical engineering from Geroge Mason University. One more year. I already experianced how hell feels like lol. Before this I was a Toyota/lexus Master Tech for 6 years. That was hell too lol.

That's awesome! I've got one year left of computer engineering and now economics at Virginia Tech. All of my friends graduated from George Mason last year though. Did you know a guy named Michael McClelland there by any chance? He was an electrical engineer and graduated already.

Quote:

I think image retention shouldn't be an issue. First of all, we have varying widgets on our screen. To add to that, we tend to spend less that 0.001% of time staring into the home screen.

By the way, I now know a reason for slightly lower battery on your phone - live wallpaper

From size perspective, removing all live wallpapers, and a couple more stock apps got ROM size down by about 30 MB, so it isn't too much.

I don't think I'm doing too bad on battery life today with 4.5 hours of screen time, 2 hours of interstate travel time, 30 minutes of XDA, facebook notifications on, 2 hours of music steaming, 14 hours of up time with 10% to spare. I really like my wallpapers. The problem with the infuse is that I had the keyboard and clock burnt into the screen. It was really annoying on a gray or white background. Lol. These screens seem so much more improved since that one though so I am not worried I think phase beam looks pretty though. It makes me happy. Do you guys like the scrolling wallpaper? I think it makes it look so much nicer.

Last edited by stratatak7; 25th February 2013 at 09:22 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
family, galaxy, gotham, i747, intergalactic, rom, samsung
Previous Thread Next Thread