[ROM][old|new bl] ParanoidAndroid v2.6 - build 13 [May 20] [linaro][stable][smooth]

OP tonyp

25th February 2013, 05:58 AM   |  #1461  
Re: [ROM][old|new bl] ParanoidAndroid v2.6 - build 08 [Feb 22] [linaro][stable][smoot
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyp

When did you do your last full wipe? Could you please do a backup, then a fullwipe, reboot, resetup your Google account and check if it works then?
Some errors in the log are strange and _might_ result from a previous dataloss.

This logs are after i do full wipe. First flash of 08 was on top of 06 build and i notice a problem. Then i made full wipe and restore some aps with TB, but not google acount.

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk 2
25th February 2013, 06:00 AM   |  #1462  
OP Recognized Developer / Contributor
Thanks Meter: 33,417

4,772 posts
Donate to Me
Re: [ROM][old|new bl] ParanoidAndroid v2.6 - build 08 [Feb 22] [linaro][stable][smoot
Quote:
Originally Posted by wucinac

This logs are after i do full wipe. First flash of 08 was on top of 06 build and i notice a problem. Then i made full wipe and restore some aps with TB, but not google acount.

Well I don't see how the rom could cause this.
You could try the v30a ril and/or pengus new kernel with the new 3g modem.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to tonyp For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th February 2013, 08:08 AM   |  #1463  
Thanks Meter: 28

132 posts
@tonyp Regarding the values you use for the performance apps, do you change the pulse boost frequency or just leave it at 1.0 GHz?

25th February 2013, 09:50 AM   |  #1464  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 16

51 posts
More
Hi all!

Sorry for noob question, I'am new to PA... just flashed 08 over pengus's cm10 yesterday (formated /system only). Great ROM so far, smooth and stable... one wifi releated question: do I need flash some addon or something against wifi drain? I used the same kernel with pengus's rom (exp 109) and everything was fine with the wifi, but now with PA08 wifi drains a bit (battery usage screen shows me about 60%). I read the OP, and used quicksearch ... maybe I tired a little but I didn't find anything...

Thaks!

ps.: memory boost addon works great for me too
25th February 2013, 10:22 AM   |  #1465  
Thanks Meter: 33

137 posts
Battery drain during idle(deep sleep) is higher than my previous installation (Build 04 - kk100p1). Earlier I used to loose around 0.5-0.6%/h but with build 08 I'm loosing close to 1%/h.
@tonyp - Deep sleep drain gets impacted because of Baseband/ROM or Kernel? I have same set of applications and CPU adjuster profiles and baseband (v30b) but still the above difference. Can you guide where to look for because I hate loosing battery however small when phone is not being used, so want to squeeze it right till the last drop.
25th February 2013, 12:10 PM   |  #1466  
Flag Ice Cream Jelly Bean Sandwich
Thanks Meter: 28

106 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajdoll

Battery drain during idle(deep sleep) is higher than my previous installation (Build 04 - kk100p1). Earlier I used to loose around 0.5-0.6%/h but with build 08 I'm loosing close to 1%/h.
@tonyp - Deep sleep drain gets impacted because of Baseband/ROM or Kernel? I have same set of applications and CPU adjuster profiles and baseband (v30b) but still the above difference. Can you guide where to look for because I hate loosing battery however small when phone is not being used, so want to squeeze it right till the last drop.

Comon raj, really, 0.3% more drainge is a laugh and its really makes you look silly, dont you thinks so? Battery drain is not affected by bb or rill. Want superb battery life use airplane mode shut down your phone, use gb or pull your battery out. I mean really 0.2, 0.3% difference.

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda app-developers app
25th February 2013, 12:18 PM   |  #1467  
Flag Wartberg
Thanks Meter: 15

83 posts
More
Talking
Coming from the latest cm10 rom I must say that I´m really happy that I switched to PA2.6 b8 at last.

Smooth, stable and clean as can be.

Thank you very much TonyP and also again, thanks to Pengus77 for the KK!

Have a beer!
25th February 2013, 12:19 PM   |  #1468  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 230

933 posts
More
I just went from penguses cm10 to this rom and it's verry nice Great job Tony
Few things not working like in other cm10 releases: flashlight screen off problem still here...
Still trying to figure out how to make dpi little bigger then the tony's 2013 settings couse they are 2 small and defaults are 2 big
25th February 2013, 12:23 PM   |  #1469  
Flag Nokia
Thanks Meter: 65

132 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by k@iserex

Comon raj, really, 0.3% more drainge is a laugh and its really makes you look silly, dont you thinks so? Battery drain is not affected by bb or rill. Want superb battery life use airplane mode shut down your phone, use gb or pull your battery out. I mean really 0.2, 0.3% difference.

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda app-developers app

Yeah, 1%/h means roughly 4 days of standby. Should be enough for everyone
25th February 2013, 12:38 PM   |  #1470  
Thanks Meter: 496

742 posts
Tony, care to comment on the currenty CM10.1 that seems to be pretty stable? Only annoying thing was the brightness not sticking, might not be present anymore, but even if it is, it won't be much of a problem since we have brightness adjustment on the notification bar
Let us hear your thoughts.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread