Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,355 Members 39,556 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Deal Alert Moko cases in black 5.99 Amazon

Tip us?

SayWhat10
Old
Thanks Meter 198
Default Re: Deal Alert Moko cases in black 5.99 Amazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by krash183 View Post
7 threads down is the thread about the case. I'm not going to double up on threads. This is just letting people know that these cases are at an all time low... Not to provide info on it.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
eh.... you werent going to double up...but u made this double thread anyway....
great math

but fine dont post pics
have a great day
The Following User Says Thank You to SayWhat10 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BamAlmighty
Old
Thanks Meter 87
I hate how the metal plate could potentially come into contact with the screen. You grab it wrong and could push the flap sliding it over the screen, the metal plate will scratch the gorilla glass.

krash183
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 178

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamAlmighty View Post
I hate how the metal plate could potentially come into contact with the screen. You grab it wrong and could push the flap sliding it over the screen, the metal plate will scratch the gorilla glass.
Yeah there concerns about that. Some use plastidip. I think I'm going to remove the metal plate and wrap the part that would come in contact with the screen with electric tape

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
HTC Sensation - Retired
Asus Transformer TF100 - Retired
Galaxy S3 - retired
Nexus 7 - retired
Nexus 10 - retired
Nexus 7 2013 - Paranoid Rom Franco Kernel
Nexus 5 - Stock rooted

TWRP > CWM

Jayrod1980
Old
Thanks Meter 595

Or a screen protector would help too right? I'm gonna have to find my can of plastidip! If there's real friction though the dip will probably just peel right off and scratch the glass

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

syraz
Old
Thanks Meter 5
The slimfit multi angle case is what I got, I love it..recomend it to anyone

TheKaz
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayrod1980 View Post
Or a screen protector would help too right? I'm gonna have to find my can of plastidip! If there's real friction though the dip will probably just peel right off and scratch the glass

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
I mentioned in another thread that the plastidip company now makes a primer that supposedly makes it stick better to metal. You might try that if you are worried about peeling...

jonstrong
Old
Thanks Meter 662

Quote:
Originally Posted by syraz View Post
The slimfit multi angle case is what I got, I love it..recomend it to anyone
I opted for the genuine leather version of the Moko slim fit multi angle case. Absolutely perfect! Very nicely finished, fits beautifully, looks great. Opening for Pogo charger (stitched all around too). A bit more than the PU leather version, but it is very nice for $21.

... beamed from my Nexus 10 to your planet
LG G2 (VzW vs980)
Innovate

earlyberd
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamAlmighty View Post
Metal will not scratch Gorilla Glass.
The Following User Says Thank You to earlyberd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BamAlmighty
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlyberd View Post
Metal will scratch Gorilla Glass, I have 2 scratches on my my N10's left bezel from where my watch band nicked it.

dankerton
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlyberd View Post
This can't be true. It would depend on so many factors such as the specific metal, the shape of the metal where it comes into contact (a point, an edge, a curve..), the force of contact, etc. Gorilla glass isn't some mystical impervious material.

---------- Post added at 10:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

Just received my ultra-slim Moko. For $6 it's nice but I really wouldn't recommend it for a few reasons.

1) As mentioned before, the metal piece on the cover could potentially come in contact with your screen and scratch it.

2) When closed, the cover slides around. This is very obnoxious when you are walking around with your tablet in one hand. Basically, if you hold it vertical, the cover slides up while the tablet slides down from its weight. Over time this is just going to get worse as the cover loosens.

3) I'm having lots of trouble making it stand up in both positions and stay put. The triangle fold does not hold, I think due to poor choice of the size of each edge of the triangle. Maybe with time it will get better but it hasn't so far.

Overall this thing is just flimsy, although it does look and feel nice to the touch.