Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,783,129 Members 45,900 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM 4.2.2] JELLYBAM - v6.4.0 [27/02/2013] [i717] [AOKP | CM10.1 | ParanoidAndroid

Tip us?

cpgeek
Old
(Last edited by cpgeek; 25th February 2013 at 04:46 AM.) Reason: made a dumb edit mistake, nothing to see here.
Thanks Meter 40

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_King87 View Post
Never mind the peanut gallery and all the negativity, the ROM freakin sweet thanks for effort.
I think I may have gave her Whiplash the way I pulled my Big Black.........GALAXY NOTE out!
you mean Carbon Blue

---------- Post added at 11:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 PM ----------

I know I should be testing my own stuff and this request is probably found upon - but if there's any way I could convince one of you upstanding testers to do me a favor and pair a bluetooth keyboard or mouse and tell me if it works, it would be greatly appreciated. (i've been having all kinds of bluetooth hid related issues with 4.2.2 roms recently. I've yet to get my bluetooth keyboard or mouse working in a 4.2.2 rom, usually i can pair ok but then it simply doesn't work.

Thank you very much!

dumbquestion
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by dparrothead1 View Post
We should be grateful for an unusable ROM? I mean even I can build a ROM that doesn't work!

Last night, Adizzle offered to test for quincyatt....his offer was refused....he was told it didn't need to be tested....everything worked.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
tone. lots of promise in this ROM- look @ its pedigree... but the tone of our comments and sometimes the haste with which we offer them needs to be matured. We are (mostly) recipients of other's hard work and efforts. Our awareness of that should be evident in our correspondence.

This isn't directed @ you, dparrothead, but is meant as a reminder to any who feel frustrated with this release.

More on topic, I installed this ROM early today & have been messing with it all day long. I have read and posted over here and over there. I have tried all of the suggestions that have been proffered, but have not been able to overcome the screen flicker in an acceptable for daily-driver way. I am very encouraged and offer anything I can do to help. I will wait patiently for the opportunity to do so, or for an improved iteration. Thanx.
Current: Samsung Galaxy Note 3, SM-N900A
Rooted Stock XPosed
Backup:Samsung Galaxy Note I717
BLACKSTAR BLACKJELLY BetB & SlimBean & JELLY-BANNED: JellyBAM 7.8.0
Samsung Infuse
[JellyBean][4.2.2]Unofficial CM10.1 - 5/19/2013 - Butter - MTD - OC Kernel

Formerly: All sorts of great crap since 1997, starting with the LG Phenom GP40M.
If not "well-read", well, read...
The Following User Says Thank You to dumbquestion For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cpgeek
Old
Thanks Meter 40

DONATE TO ME
you know, when watching old episodes of star trek TNG, DS9, and VOY I noticed that any time something went seriously wrong (ship gets hit by weapons, power runs low, something randomly explodes) all the touch panels flicker. as much as I LOVE that android and other touch os's do a great job at emulating the amazing touch i/o interfaces seen on sci-fi that's supposed to exist in the 24th century, I wish they wouldn't have emulated it *that* closely that when something minor goes wrong we get this awful screen flicker. - my sociology commentary, I mean no disrespect or disapproval - i know these dev processes take time and thank you to those who have contributed to the wonderful work that has gone on thusfar.

---------- Post added at 02:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 AM ----------

I didn't hear any reply to my post earlier and i found some time to do a backup to sd, full wipe, and a flash of jellybam 6.3.0. despite the flicker, I decided to go on and test the bluetooth keyboard and unfortunately it seems that just like in the recent CM builds and the most recently jellybeer builds, bluetooth keyboard support is just plain broken. It allows you to successfully pair a device, but once it's paired, it will never connect no matter if you initiate the connection from the keyboard or from the phone, or both at the same time, it just times out. I'm guessing that this is an upstream CM bug, but i'm not sure where to post about this bug.

JEZZEJAMEZ
Old
Thanks Meter 479
Default Re: [ROM 4.2.2] JELLYBAM - v6.3.0 [24/02/2013] [i717] [AOKP | CM10.1 | ParanoidAndroi

Omg, its that time of the month. Wheres the MOD ?i never seen so many adults act an treat each other like kidz. No wonder developers move on from here. They work for free and users still treat them like shXX,!

BlAK ★ X
$@KH○u$ D

shayneflashindaily
Old
Thanks Meter 1,025

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [ROM 4.2.2] JELLYBAM - v6.3.0 [24/02/2013] [i717] [AOKP | CM10.1 | ParanoidAndroi

I hope this thread is either cleaned up or closed due to the simple fact no one can respond properly... I wont be back in this thread for this reason. Goodluck

Sent from my SGH-I717R using xda app-developers app
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SzkZm7JP58">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SzkZm7JP58" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

dparrothead1
Old
Thanks Meter 1,427

From the forum.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361790602369.jpg
Views:	425
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	1759372  
Sent from my rooted i527.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dparrothead1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Woody
Old
Moderator & RC/RT Committees - Particle Physics Gives me a Hadron
Thanks Meter 8,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEZZEJAMEZ View Post
Omg, its that time of the month. Wheres the MOD ?i never seen so many adults act an treat each other like kidz. No wonder developers move on from here. They work for free and users still treat them like shXX,!

BlAK ★ X
$@KH○u$ D
We can't action what we don't know is going on. Contrary to popular opinion, we don't read every post on every thread. If you see something, Report it. That is why that button is there.

Someone did hit the Report button, hence why I am here now

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayneflashindaily View Post
I hope this thread is either cleaned up or closed due to the simple fact no one can respond properly... I wont be back in this thread for this reason. Goodluck

Sent from my SGH-I717R using xda app-developers app
Cleaned.

Obviously there is a problem with screen flickering.(?) Maybe some logcats or someone tearing the ROM down would help resolve the situation. If you can't do that, then just have to be patient until someone else can/does. This is why we have "Flash at your own risk" and "Make a Nandroid" in almost every Dev thread.

We know the inherent risks, but we still push that install button don't we. Plesae be mindful that there are issues with this ROM and it is a flash-at-your-own-risk type thing.
<a href=http://www.whiskey103.nl/x/sigs/Woody6_15fps.gif target=_blank rel=nofollow >http://www.whiskey103.nl/x/sigs/Woody6_15fps.gif</a>
ZFFZ

I GPL I

"The work of men of genius, however wrongly directed, hardly ever fails to open the eyes of men to new possibilities."
- Dr. Victor Frankenstein (Mary Shelley)
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Woody For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

OPGT
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody View Post
We can't action what we don't know is going on. Contrary to popular opinion, we don't read every post on every thread. If you see something, Report it. That is why that button is there.

Someone did hit the Report button, hence why I am here now

Cleaned.

Obviously there is a problem with screen flickering.(?) Maybe some logcats or someone tearing the ROM down would help resolve the situation. If you can't do that, then just have to be patient until someone else can/does. This is why we have "Flash at your own risk" and "Make a Nandroid" in almost every Dev thread.

We know the inherent risks, but we still push that install button don't we. Plesae be mindful that there are issues with this ROM and it is a flash-at-your-own-risk type thing.
To get everyone to chill out a little I've figured out what is wrong... The kernel itself is the problem, not the rom.. The stock CM kernel Igio90 put on this rom had Fu***** up commits (causing the horrible screen flickers). So everyone needs to chill out and be patient until Igio90 can build off a different CM source. Thanks for being patient guys.. ill keep in contact with Igio90. You guys will have a flickerless rom soon.
P.S- MAYBE one of you guys could try compiling your own kernel?? :0
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to OPGT For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kimtyson
Old
(Last edited by kimtyson; 25th February 2013 at 02:33 PM.)
Thanks Meter 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by dparrothead1 View Post
From the forum.
The Dev has acknowledged the issue, which is really good for everyone involved. Now we just need to wait and hope things get sorted out. In the mean time I sure hope it doesn't mean more judgmental posts about other peoples posts in here. It seems only certain people are permitted an opinion.
By the way, the Bug Report placed by dparrothead1 in that other forum is the most constructive action I have seen to resolve the flicker issue in this new and exciting ROM. Thank you sir.

Edit: Sorry OPGT, and anyone else working behind the scenes. I guess maybe there is other less public, constructive actions taking place, too. Let me amend my comment to state that dparrothead1's is the most constructive PUBLIC action.

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPGT View Post
To get everyone to chill out a little I've figured out what is wrong... The kernel itself is the problem, not the rom.. The stock CM kernel Igio90 put on this rom had Fu***** up commits (causing the horrible screen flickers). So everyone needs to chill out and be patient until Igio90 can build off a different CM source. Thanks for being patient guys.. ill keep in contact with Igio90. You guys will have a flickerless rom soon.
Thank you for your assistance to the Devs. If I could I would work on a kernel. I have not learned that skill as of yet.

I honestly think we are more chill than the reactions may indicate in this thread. For me, I am very chill. I only reported my observations of the flicker. I'm not stressed about it at all. I understand that this stuff is not guaranteed to work, we flash at our own risk, yada yada yada. There just seems to be a group of folks that have made a mountain out of a molehill in the thread about people "complaining" and being ungrateful. I don't think that is a true picture of things.
Please use search before posting your question.
Be kind to the devs! Without them, XDA is just a bunch of jerks bickering.
The Following User Says Thank You to kimtyson For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BigBison420
Old
Thanks Meter 454

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by OPGT View Post

I personally can't wait to flash this ROM ... it's got a laundry list of features unlike any other.

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe