XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL] vz-oc-linaro kernel v4: CM10.1 overclocking kernel - Linaro build

Tip us?

incofstupid
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanja_z View Post
There has been a lot of active development on the kernel for our device with new commits almost every day. For this reason, the kernels I put up have been becoming outdated pretty quickly. For example, the cm10.1-oc(-linaro).2 builds are only EXACTLY compatible with the 20130219-NIGHTLY. You may find the kernels also work with other builds however it is not guaranteed.

I will be putting up new builds roughly once per fortnight and I will attempt to keep the compatibility section up to date.
Havent had a chance to say thanks for your hardwork putting this kernel. This kernel is awesome, made my HOXL fluid and snappier with the 1.7 OC. Keep the good work. once again thank you.

macropterous
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by bball606 View Post
For anyone who flashed this kernel, can you boot into the 2/24 CM nightly using the boot.img from that zip? Me and a few others are experiencing a boot loop on the latest nightly over in the CM10.1 thread after flashing this kernel.
I'm running 2.22 cm10.1 with linaro_vz2, no problems.

dbd
@macropterous
powered by debian wheezy

One X
evita S-Off

Nexus 7
grouper

bball606
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by macropterous View Post
I'm running 2.22 cm10.1 with linaro_vz2, no problems.

dbd
Sorry, my question was very unspecific. I mean the stock CM kernel, not this one.
It seems that after flashing this kernel and then flashing the 2/24 nightly (and running the stock boot.img from CM zip) there is a bootloop. Once this kernel, or an older CM boot.img is flashed, the device can boot.

For1n
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Default Re: [KERNEL] vz-oc kernel: CM10.1 overclocking, normal & Linaro builds

Quote:
Originally Posted by thcue View Post
Have a feeling we will have s2w soon

Sent from my One X using xda premium
I'm looking forward

Send from my One XL CM10.1

blacklistedcard
Old
Thanks Meter 52

Quote:
Sorry, my question was very unspecific. I mean the stock CM kernel, not this one.
It seems that after flashing this kernel and then flashing the 2/24 nightly (and running the stock boot.img from CM zip) there is a bootloop. Once this kernel, or an older CM boot.img is flashed, the device can boot.
I'm running 2/24 nightly and with this kernel its booting fine. I did notice that there were other people with the same problem.

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app

bball606
Old
Thanks Meter 0
h8 said bootlooping was caused by a recent commit that should be fixed in the next nightly. As far as I know this kernel wasn't the issue.

blacklistedcard
Old
Thanks Meter 52

Quote:
h8 said bootlooping was caused by a recent commit that should be fixed in the next nightly. As far as I know this kernel wasn't the issue.
I was lucky that I don't have the reboot problem that other people were having with the last nightly.

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app

nickeedoo
Old
(Last edited by nickeedoo; 26th February 2013 at 07:26 AM.)
Thanks Meter 82
Running 2.22 with the linaro 2 (last file in the list). Everything except wifi seems to work fine.

Edit: useful information time. Instead of just saying "it's not working", I'll provide some description.
I toggle the wifi setting to on, and it says "turning wifi on..." but it never comes on.
Logcat say:

Code:
D/WifiService(  464): setWifiEnabled: true pid=1181, uid=1000
D/BluetoothAdapter(  675): 1090326768: getState() :  mService = null. Returning STATE_OFF
D/BluetoothAdapter( 1181): 1089374768: getState() :  mService = null. Returning STATE_OFF
E/WifiStateMachine(  464): Failed to load driver!
D/BluetoothAdapter(  675): 1090326768: getState() :  mService = null. Returning STATE_OFF
E/WifiStateMachine(  464): DriverFailedState
D/BluetoothAdapter( 1181): 1089374768: getState() :  mService = null. Returning STATE_OFF
G1(3), G2, Inspire 4G, One X, Galaxy S 3, Nokia Lumia 900 (We all go through a stupid phase), Galaxy S4, LG G2

macropterous
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickeedoo View Post
Running 2.22 with the linaro 2 (last file in the list). Everything except wifi seems to work fine.

Edit: useful information time. Instead of just saying "it's not working", I'll provide some description.
I toggle the wifi setting to on, and it says "turning wifi on..." but it never comes on.
Logcat say:

Code:
D/WifiService(  464): setWifiEnabled: true pid=1181, uid=1000
E/WifiStateMachine(  464): Failed to load driver!
E/WifiStateMachine(  464): DriverFailedState
Good info, thanx.

I am running the 2.22 nightly with the linaro2 kernel as well, and Wifi is able to connect. I have noticed dropped WiFi signal and inconsistent WiFi connectivity, which has been reported on the CM10.1 issue tracker.

dbd
@macropterous