Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,055 Members 47,878 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[BOOTLOADER] 2nd-bootloader for Custom ROMs on KFireHD 8.9 [05/27 CM11/TWRP 2.7.x.x]

Tip us?

Thepooch
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,048
Your post is very confusing. So you 're saying you have second bootloader installed and twrp, you wiped system, flashed the zip that hashcode has provided, selected wipe factory reset while in twrp, then reboot system sticks you at the logo?

For1n
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Default Re: [BOOTLOADER] Install 2nd-bootloader for Custom ROMs on KFireHD 8.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by field3d View Post
I tried to install all the process but when reboot never advance from Kindle logo. I gave all the commands and entered fastboot perfect I made the backup of course of a KFHD rom I had with the commands of backup you are posting. I want to revert to stock factory because I have GPS troubles is not detected and I have the kindle fire with 4G 64 GB
Is cellular supported in the alpha build?

Send from my One XL CM10.1

Thepooch
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by For1n View Post
Is cellular supported in the alpha build?

Send from my One XL CM10.1
He`s speaking about the stock.zip 8.1.4 I believe.

field3d
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default I mean this.

I mean with the commands I gave this commands:
Code:
adb shell su -c "mount -o remount,rw ext4 /system"
adb shell su -c "mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak"
adb shell su -c "mount -o remount,ro ext4 /system"
Code:
fastboot -i 0x1949 flash boot kfhd8-freedom-boot.img
fastboot -i 0x1949 flash recovery kfhd8-twrp-2.3.3.0-recovery.img
fastboot -i 0x1949 reboot
In other words just flash the images on the device after make this last command:

Code:
Never booted again the kindle stuck in logo I canīt wipe nothing is totally dead the only way I can revive is restoring with the previous backup I made like you say in your posts:

Code:
fastboot -i 0x1949 flash boot boot.img
fastboot -i 0x1949 flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot -i 0x1949 flash system system.img # This one will take a few minutes
With that lives the kindle but I canīt install the 2nd boot loader is what I said
I have 8.1.4.
Thank you

twa_priv
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by field3d View Post
I mean with the commands I gave this commands:
Code:
adb shell su -c "mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak"
Code:
fastboot -i 0x1949 flash boot kfhd8-freedom-boot.img
fastboot -i 0x1949 flash recovery kfhd8-twrp-2.3.3.0-recovery.img
In other words just flash the images on the device after make this last command:

Code:
Never booted again the kindle stuck in logo I canīt wipe nothing is totally dead the only way I can revive is restoring with the previous backup I made like you say in your posts:

Code:
fastboot -i 0x1949 flash boot boot.img
fastboot -i 0x1949 flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot -i 0x1949 flash system system.img # This one will take a few minutes
With that lives the kindle but I canīt install the 2nd boot loader is what I said
I have 8.1.4.
Thank you
After you restore your backup you might need to flash the stack override again.

Code:
adb push stack /data/local/tmp/
adb shell su -c "dd if=/data/local/tmp/stack of=/dev/block/platform/omap/omap_hsmmc.1/by-name/system bs=6519488 seek=1"
Then proceed with renaming install-recovery.sh and flashing freedom boot and twrp as you did before.

That's what I needed to do after losing the ability to boot into recovery.
The Following User Says Thank You to twa_priv For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Thepooch
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,048
Code:
Also if you fail to do this correctly you will get stuck at the logo or when you try to access recovery it will claim bad boot image and either send you to stock recovery or straight into fastboot. Truthfully I think your missing a step or your not installing the stack file correctly or your not wiping correctly prior to flashing the zip. Backing up the stock images is not nearly as intergral as the rest of the process for bootloader install a single typo makes the difference between good and bad on this deal. Hashcode has laid each step out well enough that you can literally copy and paste each command and it will work. If you need help getting through it we should hook up again and I will walk you through each step so that next time you have a better idea of what needs to be done.

field3d
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Need to override

I think I need to override like you say but gives me exactly that 2 commands permission denied or not permissions something like that how can I enable permissions to override the stack?
Now the question if I override once I have permissions can I lost all the applications and data inside? If yes how can I make a backup of apps and their data? After override Iīll restore the backup of that apps to avoid install one by one and the contents too.

Yes the Thepooch I see that 2 commands gave that error in case I canīt would be nice like the other day.

Thank you

Thepooch
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,048
Any errors during the process is a very good indication of why things are running amuck and not completing the task largely it could boil down to getting your drivers working properly. When executing any of the shell commands you may get a prompt to grant shell permission you must grant in order for it to work or you will get permission denied. A linux setup would make this much easier for you.

Thepooch
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,048
http://db.tt/ZNYlKiYp install this if it can't find busybox on your system make sure it gets installed to xbin then run the smart install that will help you with your recovery.sh problem.

field3d
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepooch View Post
http://db.tt/ZNYlKiYp install this if it can't find busybox on your system make sure it gets installed to xbin then run the smart install that will help you with your recovery.sh problem.
Ok I'll try to install but just a question what is for busybox? I heard in many places about that and the script where I installed the google apps said couldn't install busybox app I ignored that until now you are talking about it.
And the other question "smart install" is an option of busybox or where can I find?
Thank you