Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,105 Members 44,806 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 10 Nightly Builds for SGH-I747

Tip us?

humblehyper
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Default Re: [ROM][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 10 Nightly Builds for SGH-I747

Can someone tell me if there is a workaround when the phone doesn't wake up after locking? The screen is blank and the only thing visible is the soft key that lights up. Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Other phone - Nokia Lumia 1520 (Yellow, of course )

mrhaley30705
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,340

DONATE TO ME

Push the power button 2 times, slowly. Regular unlock should happen then

The Following User Says Thank You to mrhaley30705 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

humblehyper
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhaley30705 View Post
Push the power button 2 times, slowly. Regular unlock should happen then
Thanks

knarfl1
Old
Thanks Meter 68

Samsung is set to do a launch event on March 14 for S4. Will we see stable or RC CM10.1 in next few months?

BuBbLeFIZzY
Old
Thanks Meter 25
I'm not sure if this was ever resolved, but I think I found the reason why DCIM folder was taking up so much memory. Its not because of the extra 0/legacy/folders either. I dont think. I figured this out by going to properties and noticed how much memory it took and how many folders is in DCIM before I open it. It shows 7 but when I click in there's only 6 folders. I didn't know how to make The hidden file show up until I played with manager(used es file explore) I clicked on ' sd card anylst' and went to DCIM folder. And I found the 7th folder.its called thumbnail I think and the first two if I remember said data3. There's two of them that made the DCIM file 3x as large than it should be. I decided to move my pictures to exsdcard. And delete those two thumbnails file to see if it would fuk up my phone. So far everything is still running smooth. So I dont really know what they were for. Es file explore did show 3x more free space as soon as I deleted it. But I rebooted the phone and it only show the 'real amount I have free by moving my pic and vids to the extsd. But in settings/storage it shows a more accurate amount of picture/video memory usage.
And like I said idk what those thumbnail files were for but it never came back after boot.

slicetwo
Old
Thanks Meter 43

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuBbLeFIZzY View Post
I'm not sure if this was ever resolved, but I think I found the reason why DCIM folder was taking up so much memory. Its not because of the extra 0/legacy/folders either. I dont think. I figured this out by going to properties and noticed how much memory it took and how many folders is in DCIM before I open it. It shows 7 but when I click in there's only 6 folders. I didn't know how to make The hidden file show up until I played with manager(used es file explore) I clicked on ' sd card anylst' and went to DCIM folder. And I found the 7th folder.its called thumbnail I think and the first two if I remember said data3. There's two of them that made the DCIM file 3x as large than it should be. I decided to move my pictures to exsdcard. And delete those two thumbnails file to see if it would fuk up my phone. So far everything is still running smooth. So I dont really know what they were for. Es file explore did show 3x more free space as soon as I deleted it. But I rebooted the phone and it only show the 'real amount I have free by moving my pic and vids to the extsd. But in settings/storage it shows a more accurate amount of picture/video memory usage.
And like I said idk what those thumbnail files were for but it never came back after boot.
The thumbnails are an issue in all android, if i recall. They're the thumbnails for your gallery an such. It'll come back eventually.
Slice Two
www.radioactivesandwich.com - Free psychedelic electronic music to fill your belly.
Galaxy S3 (CM11)
HP Touchpad (milaq cm11)

doctorspeed1
Old
(Last edited by doctorspeed1; 25th February 2013 at 04:15 PM.)
Thanks Meter 18

Just wondering if anyone is having problems with the 2/24 and 2/25 builds randomly freezing. Once was during a phone call and other times just random. But it seems to be occurring when the screen turns off and occasionally there is a small horizontal stripe across the screen as if it froze during the screen-off animation. Flash with cache and dalvik wipe only. Tried fix permissions as well although I don't thinks its the problem.

If I'm the only one then it looks like a full wipe is in order.

I wonder if this is the problem
http://review.cyanogenmod.org/31110

The Following User Says Thank You to doctorspeed1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MSgtSimon
Old
Thanks Meter 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorspeed1 View Post
Just wondering if anyone is having problems with the 2/24 and 2/25 builds randomly freezing. Once was during a phone call and other times just random. But it seems to be occurring when the screen turns off and occasionally there is a small horizontal stripe across the screen as if it froze during the screen-off animation. Flash with cache and dalvik wipe only. Tried fix permissions as well although I don't thinks its the problem.

If I'm the only one then it looks like a full wipe is in order.

I wonder if this is the problem
http://review.cyanogenmod.org/31110

I haven't flashed 2/25, but I am seeing this issue on 2/24. It didn't freeze mid-animation, but I've had it lock up several times since I flashed it. Haven't had the time to go back to an earlier nightly.
It's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

iPhone 3G -> Nexus One -> Nexus S -> Galaxy Nexus -> AT&T Galaxy S3 / SGH-I747 -> Black 32GB Nexus 5
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MSgtSimon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

assaf.bm
Old
Thanks Meter 75
Anyone missing the reboot options? (i.e. Recovery, Download Options)
I am on 25/2 version and I am missing it from my power menu.
Samsung S3
Rom:
Motorola XOOM
Rom: CM10

slicetwo
Old
Thanks Meter 43

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSgtSimon View Post
I haven't flashed 2/25, but I am seeing this issue on 2/24. It didn't freeze mid-animation, but I've had it lock up several times since I flashed it. Haven't had the time to go back to an earlier nightly.
That happened to me on 2/24. I locked the phone and it froze mid CRT animation. Had to take the battery our. Reflashed 2/22 and it's all good.
Slice Two
www.radioactivesandwich.com - Free psychedelic electronic music to fill your belly.
Galaxy S3 (CM11)
HP Touchpad (milaq cm11)

The Following User Says Thank You to slicetwo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
cm10, cyanogenmod, development, jelly bean 4.1