Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,557 Members 46,325 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Ringtone Trimmer? There, but not there.

Tip us?

Jaybone073
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Ringtone Trimmer? There, but not there.

I've tried to search around for this but I can't seem to find it relating to the DNA. When scrolling through the system apps and files I came upon Ringtone Trimmer. After researching some I discovered it's usable on the OneX, bit no mention of it on the DNA forums. It's in there, butt my question is this: How do you access it and/or how can I find it to use it.

Bigandrewgold
Old
Thanks Meter 531
Default Re: Ringtone Trimmer? There, but not there.

You get to it through the htc music app. There's a little sideways menu button, press that.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

zone23
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigandrewgold View Post
You get to it through the htc music app. There's a little sideways menu button, press that.

Ya what he says PLUS it has to be an MP3 not a M4A or any of that stuff. So if your using iTunes you'll have to convert it. Thats all..

Jaybone073
Old
(Last edited by Jaybone073; 25th February 2013 at 07:12 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by zone23 View Post
Ya what he says PLUS it has to be an MP3 not a M4A or any of that stuff. So if your using iTunes you'll have to convert it. Thats all..
So it's in the standard music app on the phone? Or is it a downloadable app from the store? I'm almost 100 percent sure that it's the stock music app. I have a midi project saved as music as an mp3 and I want to make a trimmed ringtone out of it. I do not see the option you guys are talking about. Maybe I'm just stupid or I have made the phone too lean in my debloat ingredients process. Maybe direct me towards a video or link or a screenshot might help but I don't see the option anywhere in that application.

Bigandrewgold
Old
Thanks Meter 531
Default Re: Ringtone Trimmer? There, but not there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybone073 View Post
So it's in the standard music app on the phone? Or is it a downloadable app from the store? I'm almost 100 percent sure that it's the stock music app. I have a midi project saved as music as an mp3 and I want to make a trimmed ringtone out of it. I do not see the option you guys are talking about. Maybe I'm just stupid or I have made the phone too lean in my debloat ingredients process. Maybe direct me towards a video or link or a screenshot might help but I don't see the option anywhere in that application.
See, click on set as ringtone then trim ringtone.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361823928897.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	137.0 KB
ID:	1760523   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361823957752.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	164.6 KB
ID:	1760526  

Jaybone073
Old
(Last edited by Jaybone073; 26th February 2013 at 06:18 PM.) Reason: additional information
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigandrewgold View Post
See, click on set as ringtone then trim ringtone.

Thanks for the screenshots. Apparently because I chose the more aosp (desense) look to my Viper DNA setup may be the reason it's not there. I have the standard music app but it looks nothing like the picture you have. Mine looks very similar (almost identical) to that of the 4shared music app. Perhaps I will try the sense version of the rom and see if that will help. I realize that this appears very easy to do but I simply don't have the app options you show in the screen shots.

Edit: I decided to reflash the Rom and sure enough the desensing tools had an option to remove HTC music and replace it with aosp and I had obviously selected that option. All is well and my ringtone from my midi project is now created. Thanks for all the help. The screenshot was the kicker bigandrewgold. Thanks.

Diuslytrausia
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Default stiri din romania

stiri din romania