ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Swype beta is tiny...

OP luna_c666

25th February 2013, 10:47 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 352

779 posts
Takes up only half the width of the screen...restored it from my Epic4G, is there a method to re-size the keyboard, or do I need to find/download the beta again from the browser (because I don't remember what email I used when I registered... )

BTW I'm using goodness with the xposed settings, curious if I could use that to get it re-sized, but all the settings I try seem to leave it unfazed.
25th February 2013, 11:23 AM   |  #2  
Flag Colonial Heights,VA
Thanks Meter: 1,088

2,706 posts
More
Re: Swype beta is tiny...
When i used swype beta it fit the screen just like the stock keyboard.

Sent from a planet far far away.
25th February 2013, 07:53 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 233

734 posts
Donate to Me
More
Try downloading it again. Or clear data/cache of the keyboard app.

Sent from my SPH-L710
25th February 2013, 09:51 PM   |  #4  
Flag Salem, NH
Thanks Meter: 681

583 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by luna_c666

Takes up only half the width of the screen...restored it from my Epic4G, is there a method to re-size the keyboard, or do I need to find/download the beta again from the browser (because I don't remember what email I used when I registered... )

BTW I'm using goodness with the xposed settings, curious if I could use that to get it re-sized, but all the settings I try seem to leave it unfazed.

http://beta.swype.com/android/welcome/detailed/

Go there, download the swype beta installer and go through the process. You'll have to sign up again for the beta.....but that's pretty common. It seems like the accounts are only good for like a month anyway.
25th February 2013, 11:23 PM   |  #5  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 466

743 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkepk181

...download the swype beta installer and go through the process. You'll have to sign up again for the beta.....but that's pretty common. It seems like the accounts are only good for like a month anyway.

I agree with tkepk181, it looks like it has to do with the fact that you restored the beta from a different phone. I always just re-download the beta from the official installer each time I change ROMs (about once-to-twice a week). It takes a little time, but I find that it reduces the amount of potential headaches associated with restoring a keyboard (especially if I'm changing DPI settings).

And besides, even if you can't remember your password to Swype beta, it's painless nowadays, just register a new e-mail and it's relatively immediate.

Hope this helped!
The Following User Says Thank You to topherk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th February 2013, 05:01 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 1,654

3,911 posts
The Swype keyboard on the Epic 4G is sized down for a 480p screen resolution. Our S3s have 720p screen resolution. This is why the keyboard is tiny. It's incompatible with the xhdpi framework.

Best option is to find one that's themed the same in 720p resolution or download the new beta.
The Following User Says Thank You to Overstew For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th February 2013, 06:04 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 352

779 posts
Yeah I downloaded it again, it's a bit different now, newer version I guess...no longer has dragon speech recognition, like I am used to, but at least swype still functions the same
26th February 2013, 04:44 PM   |  #8  
Flag Salem, NH
Thanks Meter: 681

583 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by luna_c666

Yeah I downloaded it again, it's a bit different now, newer version I guess...no longer has dragon speech recognition, like I am used to, but at least swype still functions the same

You sure you got the swype beta? The latest full version of Swype doesn't have dragon voice recognition, but the latest beta does. I'm currently running it right now.
26th February 2013, 07:03 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 233

734 posts
Donate to Me
More
I think he downloaded the newest beta, but set Default the Stock Swype.

Sent from my SPH-L710

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread