Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,818 Members 40,833 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Swype beta is tiny...

Tip us?

luna_c666
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 352
Default Swype beta is tiny...

Takes up only half the width of the screen...restored it from my Epic4G, is there a method to re-size the keyboard, or do I need to find/download the beta again from the browser (because I don't remember what email I used when I registered... )

BTW I'm using goodness with the xposed settings, curious if I could use that to get it re-sized, but all the settings I try seem to leave it unfazed.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO REMOVE USB SAFELY
If I helped, click Thanks!
Asus Transformer EPIC NOOB GUIDE----TextButtons for ICS TF101----Sleek Buttons for ICS TF101

Devices:
Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII (Goodness JB ROM)
2 Epic4G's (CM10.1, CleanGB for the boy)
TF101 (CM10)
MyTouch4G (Lost or stolen )

Speedin07si
Old
Thanks Meter 1084
Default Re: Swype beta is tiny...

When i used swype beta it fit the screen just like the stock keyboard.

Sent from a planet far far away.
Experimentation remains the best catalyst for progression.

csmasn
Old
Thanks Meter 223

DONATE TO ME

Try downloading it again. Or clear data/cache of the keyboard app.

Sent from my SPH-L710

tkepk181
Old
Thanks Meter 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by luna_c666 View Post
Takes up only half the width of the screen...restored it from my Epic4G, is there a method to re-size the keyboard, or do I need to find/download the beta again from the browser (because I don't remember what email I used when I registered... )

BTW I'm using goodness with the xposed settings, curious if I could use that to get it re-sized, but all the settings I try seem to leave it unfazed.
http://beta.swype.com/android/welcome/detailed/

Go there, download the swype beta installer and go through the process. You'll have to sign up again for the beta.....but that's pretty common. It seems like the accounts are only good for like a month anyway.

topherk
Old
Thanks Meter 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkepk181 View Post

...download the swype beta installer and go through the process. You'll have to sign up again for the beta.....but that's pretty common. It seems like the accounts are only good for like a month anyway.
I agree with tkepk181, it looks like it has to do with the fact that you restored the beta from a different phone. I always just re-download the beta from the official installer each time I change ROMs (about once-to-twice a week). It takes a little time, but I find that it reduces the amount of potential headaches associated with restoring a keyboard (especially if I'm changing DPI settings).

And besides, even if you can't remember your password to Swype beta, it's painless nowadays, just register a new e-mail and it's relatively immediate.

Hope this helped!
The Following User Says Thank You to topherk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Overstew
Old
Thanks Meter 1654
The Swype keyboard on the Epic 4G is sized down for a 480p screen resolution. Our S3s have 720p screen resolution. This is why the keyboard is tiny. It's incompatible with the xhdpi framework.

Best option is to find one that's themed the same in 720p resolution or download the new beta.
The Following User Says Thank You to Overstew For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

luna_c666
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 352
Yeah I downloaded it again, it's a bit different now, newer version I guess...no longer has dragon speech recognition, like I am used to, but at least swype still functions the same
LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO REMOVE USB SAFELY
If I helped, click Thanks!
Asus Transformer EPIC NOOB GUIDE----TextButtons for ICS TF101----Sleek Buttons for ICS TF101

Devices:
Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII (Goodness JB ROM)
2 Epic4G's (CM10.1, CleanGB for the boy)
TF101 (CM10)
MyTouch4G (Lost or stolen )

tkepk181
Old
Thanks Meter 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by luna_c666 View Post
Yeah I downloaded it again, it's a bit different now, newer version I guess...no longer has dragon speech recognition, like I am used to, but at least swype still functions the same
You sure you got the swype beta? The latest full version of Swype doesn't have dragon voice recognition, but the latest beta does. I'm currently running it right now.

csmasn
Old
Thanks Meter 223

DONATE TO ME

I think he downloaded the newest beta, but set Default the Stock Swype.

Sent from my SPH-L710