No registration required

Google wallet working on Note 2

OP WarlockLord

25th February 2013, 01:41 AM   |  #831  
Thanks Meter: 5

68 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by harpua

Struggling with this. My Root explorer isn't reflecting the build.prop changes after I save and exit. I checked and it's staying sch i605..I must have installed wallet before I rooted? because I have the apk. it just force closes, I also am unable to uninstall it. Suggestions?

New at this myself but did you mount the system as writable? (in a file manager app....settings/root settings)
Last edited by spoiler1041; 25th February 2013 at 04:01 AM.
25th February 2013, 03:54 AM   |  #832  
Thanks Meter: 14

133 posts
Re: Google wallet WORKING on Note 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by harpua

Struggling with this. My Root explorer isn't reflecting the build.prop changes after I save and exit. I checked and it's staying sch i605..I must have installed wallet before I rooted? because I have the apk. it just force closes, I also am unable to uninstall it. Suggestions?

Maybe change your build prop to nexus, then uninstall gwallet from the app store? Then follow the directions in thr first post.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
25th February 2013, 04:09 AM   |  #833  

68 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by celyko

Maybe change your build prop to nexus, then uninstall gwallet from the app store? Then follow the directions in thr first post.

That's it.....just change your build prop to Galaxy Nexus. Oh wait..... (sorry celyko, couldn't resist)
25th February 2013, 07:12 AM   |  #834  

133 posts
Lol. Well he cant uninstall it via applications manager since it force closes. I thought the next place to start would be the play store. Unfortunately gwallet is hidden from us on the play store. By changing.his build prop he could therefore find gwallet and uninstall it successfully and start over.

25th February 2013, 07:37 AM   |  #835  

68 posts
Quote:

Lol. Well he cant uninstall it via applications manager since it force closes. I thought the next place to start would be the play store. Unfortunately gwallet is hidden from us on the play store. By changing.his build prop he could therefore find gwallet and uninstall it successfully and start over.

Well, any idea why his build prop won't change...
25th February 2013, 10:51 AM   |  #836  
Flag Detroit, MI
Thanks Meter: 67

389 posts
More
I must admit, if you guys had Titanium Backup that would make it significantly easier for you to locate Wallet and uninstall it...

If recommend doing that and then restarting the procedure by scratch.

Sent via Tapatalk 2 using my:

Verizon Galaxy Note 2 (SCH-I605)
Unlocked, Overclocked, and Undervolted
CleanROM 4.5 w/Perseus 32.1 Kernel
The Following User Says Thank You to Taxmaster For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th February 2013, 04:19 PM   |  #837  

133 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxmaster

How about you read my post? How about you read the title of this thread? How about you read MY posts in this thread which also give step by step instructions on how to get it to work?

Ask the mods to check my traffic on the site and they'll tell you that not only did I check that thread once, I checked it TWICE!

Do your damn homework next time you call someone out like that. Countless users have worked hard as hell to provide detailed step by step instructions for pretty much any configuration you can think of at this point in time. The least you can do is do 1 minute of research before posting in the manner that you have.

Bottom line: This forum is for learning and the community is hear to help you. I know I am super thankful for all of the help I have received and I've been glad I've been able to help! All that the forum asks is that you read a little before you post. That isn't too much to ask!

---------- Post added at 06:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 AM ----------

Spoiler, it sounds like your build prop is still set to Galaxy Nexus config (remember there are 3 parts that change). If you're getting that message and your build prop is in the Nexus/yakju/maguro config, restart by uninstalling wallet, fix your build prop to the original config, and then restart your phone.

At this point, start over. Search for my last posting with step by step details. Be extra careful with the permissions, R/W vs. R/O, and the reboot timing that I call out. Be patient with the whole rebooting thing and you'll be fine!!!!

-Taxmaster

So after PMing with tax master I seen where everyone thought I was asking if we could get google wallet working on the note 2. (Which would be about as stupid a question as could be asked, considering the title of this thread) the link I posted was to a galaxy s3 forum. When I said "any chance we can get this working on the note 2", I was in fact referring to the devs installer based method. Not google wallet. The dev over there came up with a application you download that changes your build prop, downloads wallet, downloads any nfc files you might need for your rom and places them in the correct folder, reboots, and changes your build prop back all with the touch of a button. To the community, you have my apology for not being more specific and explaining myself thoroughly.

And a thanks to taxmaster for clearing up the confusion with me!

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

Quote:

Any chance this will work on the note 2? Or we can get it working on the note 2?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=34896632

Now that thats cleared up, is there any chance we can get this installer based method working for the note 2?

The Following User Says Thank You to celyko For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th February 2013, 05:41 PM   |  #838  
Flag Richmond
Thanks Meter: 1

12 posts
More
Worked on first try!
Tested at CVS. Works great, thanks!
25th February 2013, 05:56 PM   |  #839  
Flag San diego
Thanks Meter: 86

436 posts
More
CVS never works, here in California anyway. Last time I heard, they disconnected their paypass systems until further notice even though it's on and the light is green. :banghead:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium
25th February 2013, 09:20 PM   |  #840  
Thanks Meter: 124

1,014 posts
anyone have this working on Cleanrom 1.5 yet and wiling to post the nfc and nfctest apk's they are using?

NM I was missing another file.
Last edited by Morkai Almandragon; 25th February 2013 at 09:28 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread