Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,893 Members 42,563 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: In your opinion, when looking back at this thread, how easy were the instructions?
Very Easy 85 32.44%
Somewhat Easy 40 15.27%
Easy 70 26.72%
Difficult 28 10.69%
Somewhat Difficult 16 6.11%
Very Difficult 23 8.78%
Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

[BACKUP][RECOVERY] Kindle Fire HD and 2 First Aide Software - Noob (Simple) Version

Tip us?

prokennexusa
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 951

DONATE TO ME
Exclamation Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.66-Beta - Run Option 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmrBanawan View Post
C:\KFFirstAide>
C:\KFFirstAide>adb shell "rm -r /data/local/tmp"
rm failed for /data/local/tmp, No such file or directory

C:\KFFirstAide>adb shell su -c "ls /data/fix_permissions.sh"
/data/fix_permissions.sh: No such file or directory

C:\KFFirstAide>adb shell su -c "busybox mv /data/fix_permissions.sh /data/local/
tmp/fix_permissions.sh"
reloc_library[1285]: 1935 cannot locate '__set_syscall_errno'...
CANNOT LINK EXECUTABLE

C:\KFFirstAide>adb shell su -c "./data/local/tmp/fix_permissions.sh"
sh: ./data/local/tmp/fix_permissions.sh: not found

C:\KFFirstAide>
AmrBanawan,

Thank you for the output, see if you can post us the screen shot after executing Option 38 in Version 66, here is the info you may need.

Version 4.1.66-Beta at 22:02 Change Log:
1. Added New Code To Check For Temp If Missing Create One
2. Added Fix Permissions to Option 27, 28 and 29
3. Missing Temp Directory Causes Fix Permissions to Fail - Fixed Issue
4. Removed and replaced files that broke the Kindle
5. Added Fix Broken installation option
6. Streamlined Qemu Root

*****Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.66-Beta RunMe 02/25/13 at 00:30 for Microsoft Windows*****

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.66-Beta for RunMe.bat Package: RunMe.zip (Dropbox)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.66-Beta for RunMe.bat Package: RunMe.zip (Box)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.66-Beta for Windows Universal Package: KFFirstAide.zip (Dropbox)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.66-Beta for Windows Universal Package: KFFirstAide.zip (Box)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.66-Beta for Windows 32-bit Version: KFFirstAide32.zip (Dropbox)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.66-Beta for Windows 32-bit Version: KFFirstAide32.zip (Box)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.66-Beta for Windows 64-bit Version: KFFirstAide64.zip (Dropbox)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.66-Beta for Windows 64-bit Version: KFFirstAide64.zip (Box)

7-Zip for Windows 32-bit: Download

7-Zip for Windows 64-bit: Download

Oracle Java SE Update: Java SE Development Kit 7u15

Oracle Java SE 7u15 32-bit : jdk-7u15-windows-i586.exe

Oracle Java SE 7u15 64-bit : jdk-7u15-windows-x64.exe

HOW TO FIX THE YELLOW KINDLE TRIANGLE: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1062

When you run the options, can you post a screen shot so we can polish the code some more? We know the code runs without causing trouble, what we need now is different users output (screen shot) since everyones setup is different and the output may vary as the desktops change.

How To Take a screen shot

Ever see something on your screen that you’d like to email or save for later? With Microsoft Windows XP, you can take a screen shot and capture an exact image of what’s on the screen.
To take a screen shot and save it as a picture

1. Click the window you want to capture. Press Alt+Print Screen by holding down the Alt key and then pressing the Print Screen key. The Print Screen key is near the upper-right corner of your keyboard. (Depending on the type of keyboard you have, the exact key names on your keyboard may vary slightly.)
    Note
    • You can take a screen shot of your entire desktop rather than just a single window by pressing the Print Screen key without holding down the Alt key.
  2. Click Start, click Accessories, and then click Paint.
  3. In the Paint window, click Edit, and then click Paste.
  4. When the image appears in the Paint window, click File, and then click Save As.
  5. In the Save As dialog box, in the File name box, type a name for the screen shot, and then click Save.
You can now print or email the saved screen shot just like you would any other picture.
Best Regards, Chris Bryant (prokennexusa Team Member)

The Noob Guys, where Simplicity is Key......

Main Line: (707) 774-5923

KFFA Bug Tracking: http://mantis.canonicaldev.com
Pastebin for Info: http://pastebin.canonicaldev.com/

Facebook: prokennexusa@gmail.com
Twitter: #prokennexus

Search XDA for Noob............More to come!

PaulJCW
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Plug Screenshot

Heres the windows I get, I've tried you're yellow triangle solution but it says it can't find the driver even when i put it on the directory, also i don't have an android directory in program files! Should I? Eager to test more stuff but been up for a day and a bit & most of it trying to get adb working again lol

Any asistance would be GREATLY appreciated, I've had troubles installing adb in the 1st instance but nothing like this!

It's quite sad that the only enjoyment I get out of my kindle right now is tinkering around with it, but everything is begining to progress nicely on all fronts so its exciting
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KindleProblems.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	1759229  

prokennexusa
Old
(Last edited by prokennexusa; 25th February 2013 at 09:48 AM.)
Thanks Meter 951

DONATE TO ME
Exclamation Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.66-Beta - Bricked Kindle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELASCO View Post
Extracted by 7zip64, right click send to desktop, as admin checked get the following:
BELASCO,

Damn we tried to pull that version, of course you got a copy! Please download Version and post the output by running Option 38. If you can, please post a screen shot, we give you instructions below.

There was a nasty bug in the audio upgrades, the bug is now gone but the damage is done. Why you? Anyone else fine but you? Grrrr, I wish we pulled the package faster. When we knew we had an issue we posted a version with Option 27, 28 and 29 disabled but you got a copy of the bad version.

The new version will not do that anymore. Anyways, download the update and run Option 38, post a screen shot of the output.

Please check the device manager when you boot the Kindle Fire, do you have a Yellow Triangle? If yes, read the post on how to fix the Yellow Triangle.

By the way, we spent over 8 to 10 hors today running through all the options, fixing bugs, errors and issues. We can safely say, all the options execute and install software as intended. What we are working on now is polishing the software, so when you run each option, please take the time to post a screen shot. This will help us to polish the code up a bit. Thanks!@

6. Streamlined Qemu Root

*****Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.66-Beta RunMe 02/25/13 at 00:30 for Microsoft Windows*****

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.66-Beta for RunMe.bat Package: RunMe.zip (Dropbox)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.66-Beta for RunMe.bat Package: RunMe.zip (Box)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.66-Beta for Windows Universal Package: KFFirstAide.zip (Dropbox)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.66-Beta for Windows Universal Package: KFFirstAide.zip (Box)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.66-Beta for Windows 32-bit Version: KFFirstAide32.zip (Dropbox)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.66-Beta for Windows 32-bit Version: KFFirstAide32.zip (Box)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.66-Beta for Windows 64-bit Version: KFFirstAide64.zip (Dropbox)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.66-Beta for Windows 64-bit Version: KFFirstAide64.zip (Box)

HOW TO FIX THE YELLOW KINDLE TRIANGLE: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1062

When you run the options, can you post a screen shot so we can polish the code some more? We know the code runs without causing trouble, what we need now is different users output (screen shot) since everyones setup is different and the output may vary as the desktops change.

Ever see something on your screen that you’d like to email or save for later? With Microsoft Windows XP, you can take a screen shot and capture an exact image of what’s on the screen.

1. Click the window you want to capture. Press Alt+Print Screen by holding down the Alt key and then pressing the Print Screen key. The Print Screen key is near the upper-right corner of your keyboard. (Depending on the type of keyboard you have, the exact key names on your keyboard may vary slightly.)
    Note
    • You can take a screen shot of your entire desktop rather than just a single window by pressing the Print Screen key without holding down the Alt key.
  4. When the image appears in the Paint window, click File, and then click Save As.
  5. In the Save As dialog box, in the File name box, type a name for the screen shot, and then click Save.
You can now print or email the saved screen shot just like you would any other picture.

PaulJCW
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Re: [BACKUP][RECOVERY] Kindle Fire HD and 2 First Aide Software - Noob (Simple) Versi

When I get home I'll try my other PC for adb since I know it worked there originally without install issues ._.

Sent from my Desire HD using xda app-developers app

AmrBanawan
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by prokennexusa View Post
AmrBanawan,

Thank you for the output, see if you can post us the screen shot after executing Option 38 in Version 66, here is the info you may need.
Are all these errors normal?!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Capture_1.JPEG
Views:	37
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	1759264   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture_2.JPEG
Views:	30
Size:	144.9 KB
ID:	1759265   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture_3.JPEG
Views:	22
Size:	147.4 KB
ID:	1759266   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture_4.JPEG
Views:	23
Size:	147.7 KB
ID:	1759267   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture_5.JPEG
Views:	19
Size:	147.0 KB
ID:	1759269  

Name:	Capture_6.JPEG
Views:	18
Size:	146.7 KB
ID:	1759270   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture_7.JPEG
Views:	20
Size:	140.1 KB
ID:	1759271   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture_8.JPEG
Size:	134.9 KB
ID:	1759272  

AmrBanawan
Old
Thanks Meter 44
And tried option 27 again
This option used to work in rev 52 (i think) but with the wrong (jellybean) version Like you said so it bricked my device and i was stuck on the blue kindle logo, Now it doesn't brick the kindle anymore but it won't work either!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Capture_1.JPEG
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	1759281   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture_2.JPEG
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	1759282   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture_3.JPEG
Size:	118.8 KB
ID:	1759283   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture_4.JPEG
Size:	145.2 KB
ID:	1759284   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture_5.JPEG
Size:	134.1 KB
ID:	1759285  

Name:	Capture_6.JPEG
Size:	137.6 KB
ID:	1759286   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture_7.JPEG
Size:	140.4 KB
ID:	1759287   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture_8.JPEG
Size:	144.8 KB
ID:	1759288   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture_9.JPEG
Size:	142.8 KB
ID:	1759289   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture_10.JPEG
Size:	145.0 KB
ID:	1759290  

prokennexusa
Old
Thanks Meter 951

DONATE TO ME
Exclamation Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.66-Beta - Bricked Kindle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Username View Post
Do I only have to download the bat file or the whole package?
Random Username,

I am sorry we should have been clear, please download the entire package, there is new packages that are very important to the audio installations. The older versions accidentally got some Jelly Bean files, this causes serious issues on the Kindle Fire.

Here is the update, when you run each option if you have time can you post the Output via a screen shot? We want to polish up the code and need a few users to supply screen shots as they use the software. I would love a screen shot of the main menu so we can see how much space we have left to add additional options.

Thanks.

6. Streamlined Qemu Root

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.66-Beta for RunMe.bat Package:RunMe.zip (Box)

Note

AmrBanawan
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by prokennexusa View Post
Random Username,
I would love a screen shot of the main menu so we can see how much space we have left to add additional options.
There you go!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Capture_11.JPEG
Views:	31
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	1759317  

prokennexusa
Old
Thanks Meter 951

DONATE TO ME
Exclamation Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.66-Beta - Option 25 Comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELASCO View Post
Option 25 (restore from KindleFireBackup folder) works, no hitches.
BELASCO,

I hear music playing...........................

Please download the update, the older version has nasty bugs with the Audio Upgrades. They are now fixed, you may do the Bravia Upgrade, we found the nasty bugger.

6. Streamlined Qemu Root

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.66-Beta for RunMe.bat Package:RunMe.zip (Box)

Note

prokennexusa
Old
Thanks Meter 951

DONATE TO ME
Exclamation Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.66-Beta - How To Recover Offers Tab

Quote:
Originally Posted by procter View Post
Hi Chris,

Tired your method but it did not work. I had Kindle extended setting app installed immediately after I restored my Kindle with your tool and noticed it was set at "turn off lockscreen ads "mode and I couldn't change it. If I toggle it on and it would revert to off after the required reboot. So I uninstalled this app too.

I copied over the app you gave me, changed permission and go to Kindle's own launcher, still no offer tab. Then I went to the folder and installed the app, nothing changed. Reboot it, still not working. I also noticed there was a bat file with the same name as the app and the same size too, so I moved it out leaving only the dchp_apk.apk in system /app. Still not working. I am out of ways now.

A side note, the shop tab in my Kindle launcher seems broken too. If I click it, it won't open the Amazon site but pop error saying can't launch shop. However the amazon mobile app works perfectly fine if clicking from app drawer. Dunno if it's related.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD
procter,

I have an idea and a solution. I have been thinking about your issue and came up with something I just tried on our own Table trying to replicate your issue, after quite a bit of finagling I finally replicated the problem.

Here is how I fixed the issue, please do everything, otherwise it will not work properly:

Step 0: Download Kindle Fire First Aide Update, extract and upgrade per these instructions: How To Upgrade

Step 1: Ran an Option 23 install, this upgraded my Google Apps (We have new Apps as of Rev 65)

Step 2: Move dchp_apk.apk to /system/app

Step 3: Run Option 19, Enable OTA - be sure to Enable ALL the items

Step 4: Login to your Amazon Account, Under Your Kindle Account, click Manage Your Devices.

Step 5: Next to your device, under Special Offers, click Edit next to Subscribed.

Step 6: You'll see a window that displays the price to subscribe. Click Subscribe now with 1-Click to proceed.

Step 7: Logout of Amazon.

Step 8: reboot the Kindle and wait 48 hours, the Tab should return

6. Streamlined Qemu Root

Tags
kfhd system.img restore tool, kindle fire brick, kindle fire recovery, kindle fire restore, kindle fire utility