Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,212 Members 42,793 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][Team WHOMP!] Whompasaurus Rom V1.0 -Feel the ROAR!!! [ALL4] 2/20/13

Tip us?

wjdzm
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyelite22 View Post
What rom were you coming from before flashing and what did you do prior to flashing this?
I was on Vanilla Rootbox.
I wiped date/cache, factory reset, and system.

Is this loop happening because I installed the mod version before the full version?

djsbad
Old
Thanks Meter 147
Default Re: [ROM][Team WHOMP!] Whompasaurus Rom V1.0 -Feel the ROAR!!! [ALL4] 2/20/13

Most likely. The mod is just that, mods. When entering aroma, choose the top option to install the full rom.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium HD app

evolutioncsr
Old
Thanks Meter 860

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjdzm View Post
I was on Vanilla Rootbox.
I wiped date/cache, factory reset, and system.

Is this loop happening because I installed the mod version before the full version?
Coming from rootbox im pretty sure there are some steps you have to take to downgrade back to 4.1.2. Im not all to sure about what needs to be done, but I know that's how it is on sprint. I think someone linked something a few pages back. Im going to look into more for you and see if I can find anything similar to your problem. Let me know if you find something in the mean time.
Don't forget to hit the Thanks! Button
If you like our work please consider a donation

Galaxy Note II - Whomp! Whomp!
HTC ONE - Whomp! Whomp!

http://carrierunlock.com
The Following User Says Thank You to evolutioncsr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kintwofan
Old
(Last edited by kintwofan; 25th February 2013 at 03:10 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2,843

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [ROM][Team WHOMP!] Whompasaurus Rom V1.0 -Feel the ROAR!!! [ALL4] 2/20/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolutioncsr View Post
Coming from rootbox im pretty sure there are some steps you have to take to downgrade back to 4.1.2. Im not all to sure about what needs to be done, but I know that's how it is on sprint. I think someone linked something a few pages back. Im going to look into more for you and see if I can find anything similar to your problem. Let me know if you find something in the mean time.
I haven't ran it, but reading the op or days you need to flash a file to fix your sd card before downgrading.

We've already told him all this on the thread he started. I suggest we keep the discussion there so as to not clutter this devs thread because users can't follow instructions.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=38388802

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kintwofan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wjdzm
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kintwofan View Post
I haven't ran it, but reading the op or days you need to flash a file to fix your sd card before downgrading.

We've already told him all this on the thread he started. I suggest we keep the discussion there so as to not clutter this devs thread because users can't follow instructions.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=38388802

I really appreciate your help guys.

Vanilla RB thread does have a downgrade file for me to download.
However, I am unable to flash that file (in zip format) as I cannot enter Recovery mode via Volume Up + Home +Power.

If there is a way for me to flash this zip file through Odin, download mode, or some other methods, that would be a great help!

kintwofan
Old
Thanks Meter 2,843

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjdzm View Post
I really appreciate your help guys.

Vanilla RB thread does have a downgrade file for me to download.
However, I am unable to flash that file (in zip format) as I cannot enter Recovery mode via Volume Up + Home +Power.

If there is a way for me to flash this zip file through Odin, download mode, or some other methods, that would be a great help!
Take it to your thread did you miss that point. To answer your question I don't believe so. That's why it says to flash before

hopesrequiem
Old
Thanks Meter 1,044

Sadly he scared me enough to switch back to cleanrom. I know I'm a sad case haha. Waiting on another release. Tapatalk would never remember what page I was reading on here. That's the only reason I switched off. So for that being my ONLY complaint, that means the rom is already fantastic. One more release and I'll be back ASAP

djsbad
Old
Thanks Meter 147

I didn't let him scare me. I'm still running whompasauras. I've had no issues whatsoever.

The Following User Says Thank You to djsbad For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hopesrequiem
Old
Thanks Meter 1,044

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsbad View Post
I didn't let him scare me. I'm still running whompasauras. I've had no issues whatsoever.

It wasn't even him. Just I've seen a lot of brick posts lately. It's freaking me out. This is the first device that I didn't get any insurance on so I'll be stuck with a 4s if I screw up lol

adampa1006
Old
Thanks Meter 19

Just wanted to pop in and say the Rom is running great although I did have an install hang like a few people reported. I know you had the phone for a bit and I dunno if you have it still but I don't mind if you are building blind. I appreciate the work Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium App