Tip us?

ryn888
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Default Re: [ROOT/ROM/DEV] Korean Galaxy Note Development and Support sharing

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestrobarako View Post
is it an anti-theft feature?
ive heard that from my office mate, he has it on note 2, that would be a great add-on feature

well i know one bug from this rom.. try to send more than 160 characters of sms, youl find your phone sending the sms, after that it will lose signal and will prompt that message will be sent again next time, although the sms was already sent, this will repeat infinitely making the recipient recieve the same message.. my sister was very annoyed when i tested this one on her phone making her receving the sms over & over again maybe 30 times
it will just stop sending when youre going to delete the sent sms on the bubble..

Sent from my SHV-E160L using xda app-developers app
Fck!!! I just bought kaspersky mobile for anti theft features.

Sent from my SHV-E160L using Tapatalk 2

maestrobarako
Old
Thanks Meter 110

ankther thing i noticed.. on settings/more settings/mobile networks/data network mode
you cant chane the mode to 3G only which is preferably favorable to me because onlyb3G is availabe on our area, instead it is defaulted to LTE prefered..and, i dont have data signals as of the moment

PRESS THANKS IF I HELPED YOU IN ANY WAY

My Works:

VACS S4 Rom
VACS Note3 Rom
Note 3 Metalbluegoa Mod

darkspr1te
Old
Thanks Meter 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryn888 View Post
Fck!!! I just bought kaspersky mobile for anti theft features.

Sorry, I should have reported that gem sooner, i've been sitting on releasing that info.

For all S /K models owners who are into the dev side of things the jellybean kernel source is online at Samsung Open Source Center

No L models source sadly, I cannot understand why. it's annoying as i cant do the kernel tweaks (where the real speed is gained)

*** Edit ***
it seem i have misunderstood the naming conventions

SHV-E160 S / K is using MB1 sources
SHV -E160L is using MB2 sources

Kernel For L model Found. SHV-E160L MB2
New Debrick Tools, See Below:- (I no longer will respond to unsolicited PM's)
Why bother emailing me when you have email switched off for the response!?!?!?!?!
Goto Brixfix V2
My Documentation in debricking Qualcomm Device
[SHV-E160]Rooting & Rom info
Tegrak Clean Roms
Korean Galaxy Note Development/Root/ROMS

비밀의 dark
도화의 spr1te

maestrobarako
Old
Thanks Meter 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkspr1te View Post
Sorry, I should have reported that gem sooner, i've been sitting on releasing that info.

For all S /K models owners who are into the dev side of things the jellybean kernel source is online at Samsung Open Source Center

No L models source sadly, I cannot understand why. it's annoying as i cant do the kernel tweaks (where the real speed is gained)

*** Edit ***
it seem i have misunderstood the naming conventions

SHV-E160 S / K is using MB1 sources
SHV -E160L is using MB2 sources

Kernel For L model Found. SHV-E160L MB2
why is it that the L is always late when it comes to releases? i remember when the leak JB was out, it was the S/K that came out first and the L a few days after.. damn...

PRESS THANKS IF I HELPED YOU IN ANY WAY

My Works:

VACS S4 Rom
VACS Note3 Rom
Note 3 Metalbluegoa Mod

darkspr1te
Old
Thanks Meter 409

Quote:
why is it that the L is always late when it comes to releases? i remember when the leak JB was out, it was the S/K that came out first and the L a few days after.. damn...

But as a bonus we are running newer f/w, mb2 , but that's only on base band, amss/application firmware is still mb1.

On another note I have found a flaw in the findmyphone setup, it looks like it need to register in Korea to actually work, to be clear it needs Samsung apps to activate online and that throws a error. Just adding account to system/accounts/samsung, does not activate, I would like to dig further but I have made the choice to work on the kernel for now, as I mentioned that is where the real speed gains will be, IMHO.
I have a nice clean base ROM setup now. Its debloated, SMS fixed without major patching so it works with 160 plus text on my network. New dialer and calendar for English, everything retains factory layouts, xda and whatsapp included, all apps running latest versions, on a fresh install its fast. No jitter
But this is only my base , its a clean starting point of stability where all the basics work great without complications.
Also as small as possible too.
My next steps are to do a diff between that and the kies file to make it even smaller by only including the patches, leave out the unchanged files. So far most of my time has been learning, flash , restores fix reflash. Translate Korean.
Anyways, the is progress towards the base ROM this week.
Remember its sole purpose is to be as clean as possible, then I will build on top of that, I already have great working 'feature' full ROMs but I will first release the patch to fix the issues and size of the mb2 fw.

sent from the Darkspr1te's lair
Why bother emailing me when you have email switched off for the response!?!?!?!?!
Goto Brixfix V2
Tegrak Clean Roms

비밀의 dark
도화의 spr1te

maestrobarako
Old
Thanks Meter 110
Quote:
But as a bonus we are running newer f/w, mb2 , but that's only on base band, amss/application firmware is still mb1.

On another note I have found a flaw in the findmyphone setup, it looks like it need to register in Korea to actually work, to be clear it needs Samsung apps to activate online and that throws a error. Just adding account to system/accounts/samsung, does not activate, I would like to dig further but I have made the choice to work on the kernel for now, as I mentioned that is where the real speed gains will be, IMHO.
I have a nice clean base ROM setup now. Its debloated, SMS fixed without major patching so it works with 160 plus text on my network. New dialer and calendar for English, everything retains factory layouts, xda and whatsapp included, all apps running latest versions, on a fresh install its fast. No jitter
But this is only my base , its a clean starting point of stability where all the basics work great without complications.
Also as small as possible too.
My next steps are to do a diff between that and the kies file to make it even smaller by only including the patches, leave out the unchanged files. So far most of my time has been learning, flash , restores fix reflash. Translate Korean.
Anyways, the is progress towards the base ROM this week.
Remember its sole purpose is to be as clean as possible, then I will build on top of that, I already have great working 'feature' full ROMs but I will first release the patch to fix the issues and size of the mb2 fw.

i got a chance to scan the Note II of my officemate today.. i found out the he recently just updated firmware.. id discovered that his Note II's build is also MB2..does this mean something? i hope we can have that patch this week

fraddy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default GPS problem

SFV-E160L. 4.1.2 rooted.
GPS module not working - GPS Test shows up to 15 gray satellites but can not detect position - all satellites gray.
Tried to reset GPS module using ##GPSCLRX# ( ##4772579# ) from internal dialer - no reaction even not recognize this code.
Any ideas?
Thanks.

darkspr1te
Old
Thanks Meter 409

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraddy View Post
SFV-E160L. 4.1.2 rooted.
GPS module not working - GPS Test shows up to 15 gray satellites but can not detect position - all satellites gray.
Tried to reset GPS module using ##GPSCLRX# ( ##4772579# ) from internal dialer - no reaction even not recognize this code.
Any ideas?
Thanks.
Some modded firmware from koxda is actuallt for S/K patched to work on L. For those firmware its removed all of the L dialler functions

Goto Brixfix V2
Tegrak Clean Roms

비밀의 dark
도화의 spr1te

fraddy
Old
(Last edited by fraddy; 26th February 2013 at 07:14 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
[QUOTE=darkspr1te;38487845]Some modded firmware from koxda is actuallt for S/K patched to work on L. For those firmware its removed all of the L dialler functions [/QUITE]

1) Can I replace only dialer module? If yes from where?
2) If not - can you advise exactly which firmware I can flash to use this code?
TNX.

darkspr1te
Old
Thanks Meter 409

[QUOTE=fraddy;38488145]
Quote:
Some modded firmware from koxda is actuallt for S/K patched to work on L. For those firmware its removed all of the L dialler functions

1) Can I replace only dialer module? If yes from where?
2) If not - can you advise exactly which firmware I can flash to use this code?
TNX.
There are dozens of files the need to be replaced for the dialer functions sadly.
you can goto stock files to get access to the gps clear.

---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 AM ----------

Quote:
i got a chance to scan the Note II of my officemate today.. i found out the he recently just updated firmware.. id discovered that his Note II's build is also MB2..does this mean something? i hope we can have that patch this week
Any idea what CPU the note 2 was running ?

Goto Brixfix V2
Tegrak Clean Roms

비밀의 dark
도화의 spr1te