Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,878 Members 37,297 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Did an RMA fix your issues?
RMA fixed my issues. 4 44.44%
RMA didn't fix anything 2 22.22%
RMA fixed my issue, but it took a few tries. 1 11.11%
RMA made it worse. 2 22.22%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

[Q] Are RMAs successful or not?

Tip us?

uncola
Old
Thanks Meter 10
My nexus 10 arrived with one speaker dead. If I pushed down on the corner the speaker was in, it would work again while I held it down. I got an rma replacement from google play and everything was working.

professor_chaos
Old
Thanks Meter 1
If your device is rooted, and you have custom recovery installed do you have to return it to stock before you can RMA it? My camera doesn't seem to work, but I haven't gotten around to RMA'ing it because I've been too busy.

styckx
Old
Thanks Meter 1460
Quote:
Originally Posted by professor_chaos View Post
If your device is rooted, and you have custom recovery installed do you have to return it to stock before you can RMA it? My camera doesn't seem to work, but I haven't gotten around to RMA'ing it because I've been too busy.
It's generally always a good idea to revert to 100% stock and locked when sending them back.
Current OS: Dual boot / Windows 8 & Ubuntu 13.04
Current PC i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz / 8GB Mushkin Enhanced Redline @ 1600MHz / 2X - GTX 680 Twin Frozr SLI / P8Z68 DELUXE / 2TB/1TB/1TB
Current active devices: Nexus 4 / Nexus 10 / Chromecast
Former devices: Nexus 7 / Nexus S 4G / Galaxy Tab 10.1 / Samsung Epic 4G / Samsung Moment
Google+ Profile: DELETED

Rodeojones
Old
Thanks Meter 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by professor_chaos View Post
I went to 100% stock before sending mine back. Just to be safe I wanted to make sure Google/Samsung didn't try to pin the issue on it having been rooted.