[n710x/T889][CWM Advanced Edition] PhilZ Touch - NEW JB 4.2 migration support

Search This thread

agent_so

Feb 5, 2013
hi phil

i just want to know, cause im having problem mounting the my n7105 usb storage via CWM. im not sure if this was because of the build. i was using the normal CWM before where mounting USB storage works.. but after i upgraded to your CWM version, it seems not to work.. on the pc it only shows the device though not mounted when on recovery mode and mount usb storage is enabled..

btw, im using the latest rom of wanamlite v1.1 for n7105 in case you need that. thanks!

Phil3759

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 30, 2012
hi phil

i just want to know, cause im having problem mounting the my n7105 usb storage via CWM. im not sure if this was because of the build. i was using the normal CWM before where mounting USB storage works.. but after i upgraded to your CWM version, it seems not to work.. on the pc it only shows the device though not mounted when on recovery mode and mount usb storage is enabled..

btw, im using the latest rom of wanamlite v1.1 for n7105 in case you need that. thanks!

Well, it should work

Need other reports please for people with n7105, I use same lun mount as n7100, so no reason it doesn't work since it is also same as i9300

Reactions: MikeKKLau

_SVA_

Sep 27, 2012
Moscow
This is not TWRP, since I am using stock kernels
Well, then, I will just add a note that n7100 version is also for n7102, no need for a specific repack for the n7102 since they are the same, recovery wise. The dual sim story doesn't matter for CWM

If you once get slow delay when booting, just let me know

Thank you again for the feedback

Normally no, but who knows...
EFS is not documented and is updated on each boot

Ok! Thanks!

play_dead

Nov 16, 2010
hi all,

Not sure anyone has encountered this. Yesterday I was gonna flash Simplistic Framework, I ran an Nandroid backup before that, the backup was finished without any error. After I flash the Simplistic Framework, unfortunately I got stuck in the Samsung logo. Then I tried to restore the nandroid backup, however, I got error restoring the data partition. When I tried to boot again, it seemed that the phone was factory reset and I lost all my data and apps. Anyone knows why?

FYI. I'm running N7100 stock ROM MB1, rooted, PhilZ 4.64 Recovery, Redpill 1.3 kernel w/ Ext2int (Exfat).

Thx in advance.

Phil3759

May 30, 2012
hi all,

Not sure anyone has encountered this. Yesterday I was gonna flash Simplistic Framework, I ran an Nandroid backup before that, the backup was finished without any error. After I flash the Simplistic Framework, unfortunately I got stuck in the Samsung logo. Then I tried to restore the nandroid backup, however, I got error restoring the data partition. When I tried to boot again, it seemed that the phone was factory reset and I lost all my data and apps. Anyone knows why?

FYI. I'm running N7100 stock ROM MB1, rooted, PhilZ 4.64 Recovery, Redpill 1.3 kernel w/ Ext2int (Exfat).

Thx in advance.

When you get an error, post a log or it will be hard to help you

Tkbf

Oct 30, 2010
Taipei
Re: [23.02.2013][PhilZ Touch][n710x/T889]4.64 Touch Enhanced CWM 6.0.2.8-exFAT-ext4-R

hi all,

Thx in advance.

Which MB1 rom are you using? Afaik SF only support XXD variant rom, XXDMB1 etc.
I encounter the same scenario on ZSDMA6 & ZSDMB2, all stock on samsung bootanimation, now SF works well on XXDMB4.
If it's the case for you, then there is nothing to do with CWM.

Last edited:

chev

Jul 29, 2006
Could the Odin + Root method will work on

n7100DXDLK5
JZO54K.N7100XXDMB2

chev

Jul 29, 2006
Another noob question..... after the procedure would this wipe the device?

agent_so

Feb 5, 2013
hi guys,

just want to follow up..

tried reflashing with cwm 4.64 and still cannot mount usb storage..

i already brought this up last week, but nobody answered or tried on there own..

if someone can verify to me if mounting usb storage on your n7105 is doing the same thing, i would really appreciate it. so that we can know if this is a bug..

or something wrong with my phone..

fyi: mounting usb to homescreen is ok..

except when in recovery mode.

thanks!

Phil3759

May 30, 2012
hi guys,

just want to follow up..

tried reflashing with cwm 4.64 and still cannot mount usb storage..

i already brought this up last week, but nobody answered or tried on there own..

if someone can verify to me if mounting usb storage on your n7105 is doing the same thing, i would really appreciate it. so that we can know if this is a bug..

or something wrong with my phone..

fyi: mounting usb to homescreen is ok..

except when in recovery mode.

thanks!

Make sure your external sd is in fat32 or vfat and formatted as primary partition
This fixes most mount issues in recovery for external storage

Also, keep in mind, you cannot mount internal sd on PC as it is a subfolder of /data

liquidguru

Had my first, small problem. I have the latest 4.64 installed.

I made a nandroid backup this morning, to external card. I flashed another ROM, didn't like it, so I restored from my nandroid.

When I tried to restore it gave me an md5 mismatch. I turned off md5 match in settings, then ran the restore process again. It ran without any problems and all is OK.

Phil3759

May 30, 2012
Had my first, small problem. I have the latest 4.64 installed.

I made a nandroid backup this morning, to external card. I flashed another ROM, didn't like it, so I restored from my nandroid.

When I tried to restore it gave me an md5 mismatch. I turned off md5 match in settings, then ran the restore process again. It ran without any problems and all is OK.

Without a log, it is impossible to help you
md5 mismatch means the backup was corrupted. But a log would have helped to understand what's happened

Do this:
- try another restore with md5 check enabled
- once it errors, go to Advanced / Report Error
- it will create a recovery.log file under /sdcard/clockworkmod folder
- attache the recovery.log here

liquidguru

Without a log, it is impossible to help you
md5 mismatch means the backup was corrupted. But a log would have helped to understand what's happened

Do this:
- try another restore with md5 check enabled
- once it errors, go to Advanced / Report Error
- it will create a recovery.log file under /sdcard/clockworkmod folder
- attache the recovery.log here

Thanks. Here's the log. I don't think the backup was corrupt, as it has restored without any problems.

Attachments

• recovery.txt
    5.7 KB · Views: 6

Phil3759

May 30, 2012
Re: [23.02.2013][PhilZ Touch][n710x/T889]4.64 Touch Enhanced CWM 6.0.2.8-exFAT-ext4-R

Thanks. Here's the log. I don't think the backup was corrupt, as it has restored without any problems.

Well, it's just that you do not have a nandroid.md5 file in the folder
Either you removed it or you made backup with md5 option disabled

Thank you for the log. See? It's much easier with a log

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

liquidguru

Well, it's just that you do not have a nandroid.md5 file in the folder
Either you removed it or you made backup with md5 option disabled

Thank you for the log. See? It's much easier with a log

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the quick reply.

I've just checked the settings and md5 check is enabled. I didn't remove it from the backup folder.

I don't do many restores, and I've looked in my last backup folder from about 9 days ago and it doesn't have an md5 file in it either. I don't know why this should be, as I haven't changed anything. I just hit the 'Backup to External' option.

Anyway, it's not a problem for me. Been using your recovery since I got my phone in December and wouldn't ever use a different one.

Top Liked Posts