OP flar2

25th February 2013, 02:34 AM   |  #1661  
Account currently disabled
Flag Pennsylvania, USA, Earth
Thanks Meter: 46

160 posts
Donate to Me
More
There is a new method to gaining s-off as long as your one x has SuperCID. It worked fine for mine after getting s-off, for some reason if I flashed it with the installer or flashed the boot.img it still would just bootloop on the VenomXL splash screen.
25th February 2013, 03:15 AM   |  #1662  
Thanks Meter: 778

2,298 posts
Re: [KERNEL] [Feb21] ElementalX-5.0 | OC | UV | ROW | ZRAM | S2W
5.0.4 running awesome with viper 2.3.4 here. Installed with defaults other than enabling zram
Observations:
Fast as hell
First run of apps is fastest I have seen
Battery seems good(less than a day, still too early)
Antutu no longer crashes when overclocked
Multitasking is improved

Only negative I have seen:
Quadrant steps and dna graphics test are not playing smoothly, looks like graphics might be suffering from the new changes.

Can others run quadrant and watch the steps and dna animations closely and report.

Definitely going in the right direction Flar, thanks again!

Sent from the HOXL dimension of S-OFF

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

Forgot to add, ran stability test for over 15 minutes with no issues.

The Following User Says Thank You to c5satellite2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th February 2013, 04:22 AM   |  #1663  
Flag Down Under
Thanks Meter: 309

1,882 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jSterling

There is a new method to gaining s-off as long as your one x has SuperCID. It worked fine for mine after getting s-off, for some reason if I flashed it with the installer or flashed the boot.img it still would just bootloop on the VenomXL splash screen.

New method? Explain plz?

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2
25th February 2013, 04:40 AM   |  #1664  
Flag Medfield
Thanks Meter: 16

78 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by c5satellite2

5.0.4 running awesome with viper 2.3.4 here. Installed with defaults other than enabling zram
Observations:
Fast as hell
First run of apps is fastest I have seen
Battery seems good(less than a day, still too early)
Antutu no longer crashes when overclocked
Multitasking is improved

Only negative I have seen:
Quadrant steps and dna graphics test are not playing smoothly, looks like graphics might be suffering from the new changes.

Can others run quadrant and watch the steps and dna animations closely and report.

Definitely going in the right direction Flar, thanks again!

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

Forgot to add, ran stability test for over 15 minutes with no issues.

Overall my quadrant standard scores are down from 7350's to 6900's between 5.0 and 5.0.4. I also had to turn KT back on to get down to any kind of changes and details. I think the FPS is about the same topping out at 61. I am having issues with settings sticking using just Venom Tweaks, running into some random changes. The lynch pin in my set up right now seems to be that SD card cache size, I haven't ironed it out all the way by my guess is that it is in relation to the scheduler. Scores and just using the phone have me at fiops @ 4864. My theory is that there are different combos of scheduler and cache size that work well together, may also relate to the governor as well.

Right now I don't feel like my phone loves the increase in max 3D GPU to 512 from 400. Just ran a test while posting this with it set back to 400 and put up a 7181 without the FPS bottoming out which I noticed on the previous test @ 512.
The Following User Says Thank You to sully00 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th February 2013, 04:43 AM   |  #1665  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Modville
Thanks Meter: 1,903

3,767 posts
More
Just a cautionary note for anyone having reboot issues with this kernel: Don't automatically assume it's the result of overclocking. My phone went haywire last week, and I was going crazy trying to find the sweet spot of voltage and cpu. I was finally getting reboots on vanilla at 1.5, which made no sense. In frustration, I flashed the stock-no-wp kernel, and the random reboots continued--which of course meant they had nothing to do with overclocking or voltage. I then reviewed the CleanROM forum and saw that some people were having reboots as well. So I did a full wipe today and installed UrDroid. So far, things seem to be working.

tl;dr Lots of stuff can cause reboots--it may be a kernel issue, a rom issue, or an app issue.

I'm going to try out the new beta this week, but first I need to be sure I'm on a stable configuration.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iElvis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th February 2013, 06:21 AM   |  #1666  
Thanks Meter: 259

810 posts
More
5.0.4 beta running as smooth as butter for me..no problems.
25th February 2013, 06:28 AM   |  #1667  
Thanks Meter: 89

379 posts
I've been using V5 and it's perfect, my phone shut off once but idk if that was the kernel or what. But it's no biggie. Keep it up man. I love it, do you see yourself making a kernel for aosp/CM JB roms? I was wondering about that earlier.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
25th February 2013, 09:58 AM   |  #1668  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 26

88 posts
More
I have installed V5.0 Vanilla yesterday and noticed the quadrant score has fallen to 6k range where as on stock kernel give me 6.6k,

Although Antutu has bumped up from 11.5k to 12k
Last edited by Nalin12; 25th February 2013 at 10:03 AM.
25th February 2013, 11:00 AM   |  #1669  
Flag Tickfaw
Thanks Meter: 4,793

5,791 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin12

I have installed V5.0 Vanilla yesterday and noticed the quadrant score has fallen to 6k range where as on stock kernel give me 6.6k,

Although Antutu has bumped up from 11.5k to 12k

those benchtest can be unreliable

if you run a second quadrant bench test right behind each other the score gets higher
25th February 2013, 03:02 PM   |  #1670  
Recognized Developer
Flag Hamilton
Thanks Meter: 19,919

4,754 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by unitedatom

I found Kernel Tuner to be superior in one way, voltage control. Viper only does increments of 25mv where Kernel Tuner can do 12.5mv. That said, those increment differences aren't substantial. But they did allow me to modify my voltages. I did a -12.5mv drop across the board and dropped 192mhz to 775mv. Viper's -25mv increment was a tad too much for some frequencies. I'll probably revert to stock soon, but I enjoy tinkering!

For all intent purposes, the stock cpu control in Viper is sufficient.

I've been asked in the past to change the step size, but will revisit this once again.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread