Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[ROM] [25/3] ★★ CleanROM Inheritance 4.1 | JB 4.2.2 | ODEX/DEODEX | 6 Kernels ★★

OP sbdags

24th February 2013, 05:47 PM   |  #191  
cecilyen's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Rockville
Thanks Meter: 42
 
207 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbdags

You will need the new bootloader.

If I can find 100% guaranteed way of including it I will but I see too many people talking of bricks when trying to flash it via recovery.

Where can i find further information about the new bootloader? Is this specific to N7 or mew andriod?
25th February 2013, 11:01 AM   |  #192  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 24
 
195 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Hi

I flashed 3.2 a few weeks ago the my nexus was taking ages to charge, around 12 hours for 100%, so good swapped the battery with my other nexus with a broken screen and it's still the same. I've tried using different chargers but it's still the same. I've wiped cache and dalvik still the same, do you think it's the rom or is my nexus faulty?
25th February 2013, 11:17 AM   |  #193  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 963
 
3,420 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2008
Re: [ROM][7/2] ★★ CleanROM Inheritance 3.3 | JB 4.2.1 STOCK | ODEX/DEODEX | 5 Kernels
Quote:
Originally Posted by koooowweeee

Hi

I flashed 3.2 a few weeks ago the my nexus was taking ages to charge, around 12 hours for 100%, so good swapped the battery with my other nexus with a broken screen and it's still the same. I've tried using different chargers but it's still the same. I've wiped cache and dalvik still the same, do you think it's the rom or is my nexus faulty?

I highly doubt that the ROM could cause the device to take longer to fully charge. I would suspect either the charger itself, the battery (which you've already ruled out) or the tablet itself.

Obviously, the easiest one to troubleshoot first is the charger - do you have access to another charger? Also, are you using the charger that came with the device?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2
25th February 2013, 11:33 AM   |  #194  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 24
 
195 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrosky

I highly doubt that the ROM could cause the device to take longer to fully charge. I would suspect either the charger itself, the battery (which you've already ruled out) or the tablet itself.

Obviously, the easiest one to troubleshoot first is the charger - do you have access to another charger? Also, are you using the charger that came with the device?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

No I'm not using the stock charger think someone has borrowed it.

I've tried two different Samsung charger's and a blackberry one and they all seem to take just as long to charge. I've only noticed it since flashing this rom but it could of been happening before I flashed it.
25th February 2013, 12:30 PM   |  #195  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 963
 
3,420 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2008
Re: [ROM][7/2] ★★ CleanROM Inheritance 3.3 | JB 4.2.1 STOCK | ODEX/DEODEX | 5 Kernels
Quote:
Originally Posted by koooowweeee

No I'm not using the stock charger think someone has borrowed it.

I've tried two different Samsung charger's and a blackberry one and they all seem to take just as long to charge. I've only noticed it since flashing this rom but it could of been happening before I flashed it.

Ahh... I bet that's it - each charger is capable of providing a certain amount of power - if you are using a charger from a phone, for example, it will not provide as many amps as the N7 charger does, which means it will take longer to charge... The original N7 charger is listed as providing 2.0A, which is much higher than a normal phone charger (my HTC EVO 3D only supplies 1.0A, for example).

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to jtrosky For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th February 2013, 01:03 PM   |  #196  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 24
 
195 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Yes, I've been looking into the amps and the charger I'm using now is 1a, so I no it's going to take longer to charge but it's also loosing power while browsing and charging surly that can't be right.

I've download gsam battery monitor and nothing is using the power.

Think I'll have to either get a new 2a charger or flash a stock rom,

I'll try the stock rom first and see how it goes
25th February 2013, 04:21 PM   |  #197  
Letitride's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Metro NY/NE Region
Thanks Meter: 198
 
775 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by koooowweeee

Yes, I've been looking into the amps and the charger I'm using now is 1a, so I no it's going to take longer to charge but it's also loosing power while browsing and charging surly that can't be right. I'll try the stock rom first and see how it goes

This is sort of OT on charging issuess, if you are using an OEM smartphone charger for the N7, the sticker/label on it should stated its output in amps and they typically are 0.5A to 0.7A for non-smart and older smartphone. HTC devices that we owned for past 3 or 4 years charged at 1A at a relatively fast rate. Car chargers typically toward the lower ranges unless they are specifically designed and sold as hi-amp ones, 1A for iPhones are the ones that other folks in our extended households are using.

Whether on 4.1.2 or 4.2.1 for the N7, stock rom or custom rom (most recently on PA 3.x) with both stock kernel and popular custom kernel, including the M and Lean kernels, I haven't experienced any slower charging rates - and that's on the stock Asus 2.0A charger or when I'm using the iPad2's OEM stock charger, also rated at 2.0A - using the micro-USB cables (oem or HTC/Motorola's)

If you are running the N7 in the car or mobile environment with multiple Apps and widgets running, especially Maps or Nav running, most car charger will not provide enough amp to keep up with it, resulting in discharge as it's draining faster - that happens on our HTC's on out-of-town trips running NAVigation - expect the same to happen with the N7 - unless you are using a high amp car charger with compatible IC on it (generic ones and even 1A ones will NOT be adequate) The current drain is relatively high when the screen is ON ...
26th February 2013, 05:02 AM   |  #198  
Dean1650's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Webster
Thanks Meter: 157
 
410 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
Donate to Me
More
Re: [ROM][7/2] ★★ CleanROM Inheritance 3.3 | JB 4.2.1 STOCK | ODEX/DEODEX | 5 Kernels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mebborne

Hey Everyone,

So, I'm on the latest version of this ROM and was surprised to receive a notification to install the 4.2.2 OTA update a few minutes ago. I'm on the east coast of the U.S. I wasn't sure what to do, but I had done a recent back up today, so I figured what the hell and tried to install it. Anyway, sure enough, something went wrong and it came up saying that the file or whatever was unverified or something to like that. It gave me the option to go ahead and install, but I decided to bail. So, I backed out of it and restarted without any issues. This happen to anyone else? Should I have gone ahead? I was surprised to get the notification since I'm on a custom ROM.

Thanks,

Mebborne

I got the same thing after a few minutes running the rom. The ota had already downloaded. I bailed. Don't like it when rooted running custom rom

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 05:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 AM ----------

I tried your rom. There is no doubt this is smooth and fast. I guess I'm just not a fan of pure stock ui. Too many things missing with stock and just need more. I'll keep an eye for mods that would work, but not going to hold my breath. Great job on speed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium
26th February 2013, 05:14 AM   |  #199  
stonebear's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 537
 
1,939 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Re: [ROM][7/2] ★★ CleanROM Inheritance 3.3 | JB 4.2.1 STOCK | ODEX/DEODEX | 5 Kernels
Quote:
Originally Posted by jatipton

Thanks for the update. Appreciate your work man. So looks like I should go back to stock and take the update from Google, which would put me on the new bootloader and be the safest route for upgrading? Then head back to your rom when you release it?

Thanks again for all the work you put into this rom!

if you are not used to adb etc you can use one of the toolkits to flash the new bootloader, I think I used wugs. the option is under "advanced". dead easy.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
26th February 2013, 11:57 AM   |  #200  
jatipton's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Northern California
Thanks Meter: 25
 
160 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonebear

if you are not used to adb etc you can use one of the toolkits to flash the new bootloader, I think I used wugs. the option is under "advanced". dead easy.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

I have the paid version of the Toolkit. I ended up Google Stock image 4.2.1, received notification for 4.2.2, and updated. Safe and easy.

Thanks for the reply/info though!

The Following User Says Thank You to jatipton For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.2.2, cleanrom, inheritance, nexus 7, stock
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes