[APP+MOD][4.1.2+ | STOCK][IRC-CHANNEL][GPL] PDroid 2.0 [2013-05-16 v1.57.1]

Do you want to see PDroid2.0 at Google Play?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

Koetermann

Mar 28, 2011
Bremen
Hi there,

after http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=37749328&postcount=626 embarrassing post I thought I had to do something. I bought a used laptop, installed Debian Squeeze 64-Bit. Then read, read, read, tried and failed. But after some annoying tries I'm now able to build my own CM ROM from source.

So now, I would like to build a ROM with your prereleased patches. But since last weekend the builds are now 4.2.2. Maybe it's possible still to build 4.2.1 ROMs, but to be hones, I would prefer 4.2.2

Thanks :) I haven't had time to update to 4.2.2 now, because I'm working currently on another PDroid related project.

Is there a way for you to update to 4.2.2 soon? I know you have little sparetime. :)

Thanks

Koetermann

Reactions: mssngr and SecUpwN

inc188

Sep 9, 2011
i am quite the newbie when it comes to this and i really really want this..

is it possible to get this working on the stock 4.2.2 with nexus 4? if so, how?

tnx

lothos

Oct 16, 2010
The latest 1.54 dev patches seem to break contact syncing on my device. It also makes the display "laggy", especially the notification pulldown.

(OpenPDroid has the contact problem as well)

I'll throw up a logcat after I test again on a new build.

SecUpwN

Jun 12, 2012
DEUTSCHLAND!
secupwn.github.io
AW: [APP][4+] PDroid 2.0 - goes to GitHub and searching themer - [2012-12-08 v1.52]

Why is it that OpenPDroid always seems to be a step ahead concerning the patches with AutoPatcher?

I don't want to ditch my shiny PDroid 2.0-App and be forced to use PDroidManager which looks like [insert some ugly words here]. Thinking about it, maybe it would be much cooler merging both projects (I know you hate to hear that, CollegeDev) to accomplish ONE Monster-App which works great and looks killer? :)

Last edited:

LordValen

Feb 21, 2011
pd2.0 for 4.2.2.?

Hi All

Thanks for the gret work, and me too I'd love to see pdroid 2.0 on the newly released CM10.1 for a I9305...

as what I read about openpdroid it still has a lot of bugs?
(I see no other way to use pd2.0 on my I9305, is there?)

thanks

nerbrume

Jul 24, 2011
The latest 1.54 dev patches seem to break contact syncing on my device. It also makes the display "laggy", especially the notification pulldown.

Had that problem too (along with nasty CPU locking in 100% usage), but everything went better after redoing a "clean" install :

1) Open PDroid2.0 and make a backup of your settings
2) Make a Backup of PDroid2.0 with TitaniumBackup
3) Flash the patch
4) Boot your device and install the newest PDroid2.0 version (should be v1.54)
5) Go to titaniumBackup and recover the old PDroid2.0 DATA, not app
6) now you can recover settings inside PDroid2.0

CollegeDev

Jun 28, 2012
Thanks for the answers guys they were both very helpful, now i've got few questions :)

1) I actually checked out SlimBean, not bad would like to try it but I just manually upgraded (NeatRom as I said before) to 4.1.2 on the Slim
website instead it looks like all the Downloadable Roms for SGS2 I9100 are for 4.2.1 so, if i flash one of those, will it update to 4.2.1 or I
should do it before? if yes, how? :D

2) Didgesteve where can I find those Pdroid patches you were talking about?

3) kazoikan any luck finishing the auto-pdroided-rom? :)

thanks again guys, looking forward to read you

All the builds on the Slimroms site are based on 4.2.1.
There are some instructions on the install here.

This is the Pdroid 2.0 thread, and really I shouldn't be pushing openPdroid here, appologies everyone.
I don't have a patch for the latest 4.2 stable yet, but there is nothing wrong with Slim-GT-I9100-4.2.1.RC.2-OFFICIAL, which I do have patches for.
Download Slim-GT-I9100-4.2.1.RC.2-OFFICIAL onto your phone
likewise Gapps or Inverted Gapps (black menus).
Download the openPdroid update patch for 4.2 RC2 here
Download Romnuke, if you are unsure how to do a full wipe prior to install, this is the easy way to be sure.

With all these downloaded onto your phone, go into recovery:
(You need to get familiar with CWM, or the recovery console, as it's so much easier than Odin)
Power + Menu + Volume up
'install zip from sdcard'
Install Romnuke, but don't restart, go straight back into 'install zip from sdcard',
install Slim 4.2 RC2, then install Gapps, then install update.
Reboot
Once you have been through the Google setup, install Pdroid manager.
For complete protection you should consider AF Wall (andriod firewall)

Really your question about installing Slim belongs on the Slim thread.

Hopefully CollegeDev won't mind, this one time.

We "melt" together with the framework, so no problem at all :) PDroid2.0 is currently merged in by Fuy and then there will be only one framework, but two manager applications.
If there are further questions, feel free to aks :)

I first thought we would soon see the patches ready inside auto-patcher for Pdroid2.0 v1.54 but its a lot of work and thus will take time. Maybe the next version will have OpenPdroid and Prdoid2.0 already merged together. I don't know if before the merging Pdroid 2.0 v1.54 patches will be in auto-patcher or not.

But CollegeDev already provided a Ready Build of CM10.1 Beta for the S2 I9100 in his prerelease post. See a part of the quote below:

I just flashed this ROM and installed the Pdroid2.0 app and it's working so far i can tell in the few minutes i quick checked a few permissions.
I had no user added files and apps.
Blocked SMS access for message app > drafts are not displayed anymore,
Blocked recording for recording app > saves a empty file of 0 bytes
Blocked camera access in gallery app > picture taken are show as a fully gray pictures or better said empty pictures.
(Installed Patch version: 1.54, Installed App version: 1.54). :good:
For now i will restore my previous ROM, i might use it later but not right now.

I forgot the add the picture for the camera to the provided build, so no PDroid picture will be given instead of the real one. I'm sorry.

Maybe the next version will have OpenPdroid and Prdoid2.0 already merged together. I don't know if before the merging Pdroid 2.0 v1.54 patches will be in auto-patcher or not.

PD2.0 wil be merging to OPD, after that only one framework exists. That's the best solution because then we can work together on one powerful framework. In future there is only one framework and 2 managers (PD2.0 and PD Manager).

Hey CollegeDev,

here is a new logcat regarding the already above mentioned problem including 2 screenshots. One of them shows the current settings, while to other shows the log from inside the pdroid app where from one try to the other (without changing the settings) once the same permission is granted and then directly again denied.

edit: collgedev, are you still maintaining this seperately from openpdroid ? will you sitll release updates to Pdroid2.0 ?

I will release updates due to PD2.0 application, but this will take some time until we're ready with the merge process. After that there is only one framework but 2 manager applications which can be choosen. My applications will split of in two parts: PD2.0 and PDroid Agent. The PDroid Agent is an addon package which enables more features (like task-killing, disabling apps directly after install them to prevent data leaking and so on).

hi CollegeDev,
I have upgraded my thunderbolt to MR5 with ics 4.0.4.It is seemed that pdroid 1.3.2 can not work on the new kernel with some errors.Can Pdroid 2.0 works?Here is another problem that PDroid 2.0 must be compiling by my own.and autopatcher does not support Sense.Should I patch my cellphone in windows?Just like pdroid!

PDroid does not touch the kernel. If haven't PDroid portet to 4.0.4 it only exists (until now) for android versions above or equal 4.1.2 . Just update your rom and PDroid2.0 will work for you :)

Hi there,

after http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=37749328&postcount=626 embarrassing post I thought I had to do something. I bought a used laptop, installed Debian Squeeze 64-Bit. Then read, read, read, tried and failed. But after some annoying tries I'm now able to build my own CM ROM from source.

So now, I would like to build a ROM with your prereleased patches. But since last weekend the builds are now 4.2.2. Maybe it's possible still to build 4.2.1 ROMs, but to be hones, I would prefer 4.2.2

Is there a way for you to update to 4.2.2 soon? I know you have little sparetime. :)

Thanks

Koetermann

Wow, nice to see you're going that way :)
The actual patches should apply to 4.2.2 without any issues.
If you need any help for buildung, just write me pm or send me an email (I prefer email) for native support :good::D

i am quite the newbie when it comes to this and i really really want this..

is it possible to get this working on the stock 4.2.2 with nexus 4? if so, how?

tnx

Yes, stock is possible. Read some informations below about this.

4.2.2 is supported by openpdroid
& this https://github.com/OpenPDroid/OpenPDroidPatches/issues/12
for feature project
if you have source & build environment you can try patching source with openpdroid it's work.
Look on github/openpdroid for more instructions

Thanks karamelos :) But I the patches normally should apply fine on 4.2.2 too.

Had that problem too (along with nasty CPU locking in 100% usage), but everything went better after redoing a "clean" install :

Yes, that should solve your problem. Thanks nerbrume :)

Why is it that OpenPDroid always seems to be a step ahead concerning the patches with AutoPatcher?

I don't want to ditch my shiny PDroid 2.0-App and be forced to use PDroidManager which looks like [insert some ugly words here]. Thinking about it, maybe it would be much cooler merging both projects (I know you hate to hear that, CollegeDev) to accomplish ONE Monster-App which works great and looks killer? :)
As I already said, in future there will be only one powerful framework where we can work all together. Additional features which the team decided to not merge in OPD will be added by me through PDroidAgent which enables more features soon. Then you can still choose by your own which Manager you like to use (PD2.0 or PD Manager).

Hi All

Thanks for the gret work, and me too I'd love to see pdroid 2.0 on the newly released CM10.1 for a I9305...

as what I read about openpdroid it still has a lot of bugs?
(I see no other way to use pd2.0 on my I9305, is there?)

thanks

No problem at all, are you able to compile by your own?

And here are some news related the stock myth :D

screenshot20130225200749DHXCC.png
screenshot201302252008079F0RC.png
screenshot201302252008285YL8K.png
screenshot20130225200912VA7X1.png
screenshot20130225200957EQFYA.png

Yes, as you can see it is really possible to do that kind of modifications in the stock framework.Based on the newest OTA JB Release from Samsung (Stock ROM) Current state:
  • Working smooth, only google search FC, but I think it comes due to deodexing
  • Task-Killing and Disable apps doesn't work at this stage, because I had no more time to work on this "project"

Furthermore:
I believe I found a way to patch Stock ROMs automatically :good: If there is enough demand on it, I will looking forward to write a small programm which can patch Stock ROMs for enable PDroid :) But this really depends on demand and on my spare time too!

Last edited:

bonanza123

Nov 11, 2007
'schland
I will release updates due to PD2.0 application, but this will take some time until we're ready with the merge process. After that there is only one framework but 2 manager applications which can be choosen. My applications will split of in two parts: PD2.0 and PDroid Agent. The PDroid Agent is an addon package which enables more features (like task-killing, disabling apps directly after install them to prevent data leaking and so on).

Thanks for your reply, have you already had the chance to look into the "issue" i mentioned above?

bonanza123

Nov 11, 2007
'schland
Not yet. If there is more spare time, I will do it this night :)
Can you reproduce the "issue"? If yes, what do you need to do to reproduce it?

It seems to be a bit random. But my "procedure" was setting an app, for example BetterWifiOn, to access only the data above (see attached screenshoft here perma link to my post including the screeny). Then I simply turned on and off the screen a few times and had a look into the log, since BetterWifion was configured to turn on the wifi if the screen is unlocked and to turn it off when screen goes off.
Its a bit random because normally it does not work at all, here the correct settings have been applied once. Most often the access is always denied.

Thank you!

yhrn

Mar 25, 2011
Stockholm
Yes, as you can see it is really possible to do that kind of modifications in the stock framework.Based on the newest OTA JB Release from Samsung (Stock ROM) Current state:
  • Working smooth, only google search FC, but I think it comes due to deodexing
  • Task-Killing and Disable apps doesn't work at this stage, because I had no more time to work on this "project"

Furthermore:
I believe I found a way to patch Stock ROMs automatically :good: If there is enough demand on it, I will looking forward to write a small programm which can patch Stock ROMs for enable PDroid :) But this really depends on demand and on my spare time too!

Amazing news! I've missed PDroid like crazy since I left GB on my SGSII 1½ years ago. Would love to see an auto-patching application for stock ROMs. Keep up the good work!

schertling

Dec 31, 2010
@CollegeDev: Actually I think you will have lots of requests for stock ROM patches if they work reliably. I switched to AOKP mainly because of PDroid. But chasing for stable updates is quite of a chore and returning to stock would be an option for me. I don't have the time to set up my phone completely new with every version flicker of ROMs demanding full wipe for full functionality. Samsung stocks are quite OK once they're released.
Anyway, thanks for your continuing efforts. Merging the framework into one joined edition is truly a big achievement, imho, technically as well as for team spirit.

LordValen

Feb 21, 2011
pdroid 2.0 on the newly released CM10.1 for a I9305

Hi

Thanks for the reply, and any solution would be good:
Patching Stock Roms (meaning any Samsung-based ROM around here? !!!) would be ablessing for this world, and releasing a new merged framework sounds chilled too...
I don't know the state of your endeavours, whichever is faster (and since I can't compile on my own, pd2.0 for CM10.1 for I9305 users might be nice nevertheless)

Thanks in any case, and great job!

samsungmario

Oct 25, 2011
Auckland
Furthermore:

Please please can you share your files (core, framework, services etc) so we can do an adb push ? This would be so great with stock JB roms. Thank you thank you!!!

desean

Oct 29, 2008
Furthermore:
I hope to see the ability to patch Stock ROMs (and hope you have more spare time too!)

Now hoping to see it soon :D
Thanks in advance! :good:

kaizokan

Apr 18, 2012
I forgot the add the picture for the camera to the provided build, so no PDroid picture will be given instead of the real one. I'm sorry.

No problem, I just wanted to let everyone know that it works. I don't care if there is replacement picture of Pdroid or not :)
Wait... "instead of the real one" ?? The real one was not shown either.
It was a empty image that when opened on the PC with the windows image viewer showed a text message saying something like "this image does not exist or cannot be opened" or something similar.
On the phones gallery app it was shown as a gray colored screen. And the same image file on my current ROM with the app QuickPic brings op the text: Load failed! The image has a size of 0.00B :p
Anyway i will be waiting for the merged Pdroid now thanks!

Last edited:

alanbrenton

Jun 7, 2009
I hope to see the ability to patch Stock ROMs (and hope you have more spare time too!)

Now hoping to see it soon :D
Thanks in advance! :good:

I did read about that particular post:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=38467779&postcount=688

Does this mean those of us with stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2 will not be able to use the latest PDroid 2.0 release? Thanks in advance for any clarification.

Also if a release was to be made, will it affect receiving OTA updates though I doubt our two Galaxy Nexuses will see the light of Key Lime Pie. :)

Koetermann

Mar 28, 2011
Bremen
Hi there,

tried a few times to build a cm 10.1 (based on Android 4.2.2) from sources including pdroid 2.0.

I got the pdroid sources form THIS post.

When I started the build process ("brunch") the compiling stopped after a few seconds with an error message:

Code:
make: *** Keine Regel vorhanden, um das Target »vendor/samsung/smdk4412-common/proprietary/sbin/cbd«, 
  benötigt von »/home/koeter/cm10.1/out/target/product/i9300/root/sbin/cbd«, zu erstellen.  Schluss.

HERE'S the full prompt from the terminal.

What do I have to do, to get a clean build?

Thanks and regards

Koetermann

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. 
     * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features 
     * included in this Patch and application before flashing it! YOU are 
     * choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger 
     * at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

First of all, many many thanks to svyat who developed the main application PDroid, thank you!! Before I describe some new features (and old too) I want to say that the Application PDroid2.0.apk is written completely by my own. I just took some styles from svyat to give users the "old PDroid" feeling :) It is a stand alone application and does not need PDroid itself anymore. You just have to apply my patches, install the application and have fun :)

PDroid 2.0 allows blocking access for any installed application to the following data separately:

• Device ID (IMEI/MEID/ESN)
    • Subscriber ID (IMSI)
    • SIM serial (ICCID)
    • Phone and mailbox number
    • Incoming call number
    • Outgoing call number
    • GPS location
    • Network location
    • List of accounts (including your google e-mail address)
    • Account auth tokens
    • Contacts
    • Call logs
    • Calendar
    • SMS
    • MMS
    • Browser bookmarks and history
    • System logs
    • SIM info (operator, country)
    • Network info (operator, country)
    • IP Tables(until now only for Java process)
    • Android ID
    • Call Phone
    • Send SMS
    • Send MMS
    • Record Audio
    • Access Camera
    • Force online state (fake online state to permanent online)
    • Wifi Info
    • ICC Access (integrated circuit-card access, for reading/writing sms on ICC)
    • Switch network state (e.g. mobile network)
    • Switch Wifi State
    • Start on Boot (prevents that application gets the INTENT_BOOT_COMPLETE Broadcast)

• Big credits to ce4. He is the first donator. Many thanks :)
    • Another thankful guy: schertling. Thank you for your donation :)
    • Thanks to MacDog_AU, who also donated a beer :)
    Big thanks to following translators of PDroid2.0, who made the app available in their native language:

PDroid2.0 Flash-Repo:
    @ all guys who ever build a ROM with PDroid2.0, please upload the ROM here and post it in this thread or send me the link via pn. I need following additional information:
    • What ROM is it?
    • When do you build it (optional)
    • Which version of PDroid is included (Framework)
    • For which device is the ROM
    You will get full credits in the OP and the link for the REPO will also be present inside the description for the app in googleplay.

How does it work? Just download the ROM for your device and flash it. Then you're able to use PDroid2.0!
    Side-Note related the devices:
    Nexus 4 = mako
    Nexus 7 Wi-Fi = grouper
    Nexus 7 GSM = tilapia
    Nexus 10 = manta
    THX to Koetermann!

• ROM: PACMAN
      Date: 02.15.2013
      MD5: c810f45732bf1f3fd82eccd7bfda2ca0
      PD-Version: 1.57
      Contributor: AuSSiELaMbChOpS
      Download: here
      ----------------------------------------------
    • ROM: CM10.1
      Date: 18.05.2013
      MD5: unknown
      Side-Note: Also includes kernel patches needed for DriveDroid to let you boot your computer from an iso image on your phone.
      Contributor: jpeg725

Galaxy Note 2 (N7100):

Date: 15.05.2013
      MD5: db79e0530214299120409be241063a1e
      Contributor: biglsd
      MD5: daa60cde908b43addc8be9e711cb6c2e

MD5: bcdfee8a5b18b31871cc992ee875810d
      Contributor: optx
      Date: 12.05.2013
      MD5: 7d3baba799c4b65ee2aeabf8d56d9839
      Contributor: Koetermann
      Date: 19.05.2013
      MD5: b5d07c91c12c913cf6aa06f3f45ef56f
      Date: 23.05.2013
      MD5: 9d147c00d863723f801c1e434e51b77f
    • ROM: JellyBeer
      Date: 16.05.2013
      MD5: b5d07c91c12c913cf6aa06f3f45ef56f

MD5: baa6445ae4162666010509bdcce8ad7c

Samsung tab 2 7" (p3100)

MD5: 93de5d7866b1cee7bc224fb4411380f1

Google Nexus 10 (manta)

Date: 11.05.2013
      MD5: bf19181df5d4b76e4b218ee5a31a58cf

Date: 10.05.2013
      MD5: unknown
      Contributor: Hired Geek

Samsung Galaxy Note (n7000)

MD5: 16bb075282405af00ce9eb47b7e6eee5
      Contributor: I900-Nutzer

ZTE Blade / Orange San Francisco

• ROM: CM10.1 by KonstaT
      MD5: 5ab4126a095ddb9329c831e0a10e7e2d

Galaxy Nexus GSM (Maguro) (i9250)

MD5: da95b698cbdeb9da4285e1629047b9be
      Contributor: Teemoo

Samsung Nexus S (crespo)

Date: 21.05.2013
      MD5: 3c98c8056a65b4f0709e61bc736d9100
      Contributor: En0id

Samsung Galaxy S (i9000)

Date: 24.05.2013
      MD5: d5e8a8ccf40aa8f4a239479a73b94ff2

galaxy note 1 (n7000)

Date: 24.05.2013
      MD5: b790483b2d17627c7e5cb55fd31b64ab
      Contributor: karamelos
    • ROM: SlimRom v5.6
      MD5: b46740fcbf0e8688707863be88704d86
    • ROM: JellyBeer v4.20
      Date: 22.05.2013
      MD5: 0703f5730b8e90b83cca980f83f801e5
    • ROM: PACman v22.3.0
      MD5: c84cfaeda5fb9fb651030f740353a9fd
    this release is a prerelease
    I'm ready now and want to pull out a pre-release of PDroid2.0 v1.54. Please feel free to test it and report bugs if there are any :).
    The patches are not tested so please report if anything fails! I'm now going to host all this stuff on github asap.

News related to the Manager Application:

• fixed angry birds bugs (multiple apps with same name can't access the privacy settings)
    • Fixed bug in batch profile mode where also system apps gets the profile instead of user only
    • Minor GUI improvements -> new dialog layout, fixed layout for devices which have no hard-keyboard, fixed layout for tablets (ou, that was ugly), a lot of more gui improvements
    • Added Random button in batch profile mode
    • Added random and clear button in the settings dialog if you want to add custom values
    • Added installed notification preference, now you can disable instant notification
    • Changed the update notification to smartmode -> same function as discussed in thread. Only if permissions changed you will get instant notification
    • Fixed the search bar
    • Fixed the keyboard bug if you leave pdroid with home button
    • Added failSafeMode handler(description look at core feature)
    • Added persistence notification in notificationbar which is showing current protection state(logging state, failsafeMode state, current PermissionMode, Database Connection Error Count or Manager Connection Error Count). You're also able to quick access settings, preferences, and logs
    • Switch Debug mode for core logging feature
    • Disable applications handling (description look at core feature)
    • Additional information in "Core and App Information" to see which current hardcoded default deny mode is active
    • many more...

News related to Core:

• Fixed llam bug
    • fixed google listen crashed
    • fixed camera bug (thx to MB66)
    • a lot of more fixes. I can't listen them all here, if you want to know some specific fixes, just ask for :)
    • Fixed the announced security bugs (thx to FFuy5)
    • Fixed bug where users have to delete the privacyDatabases to upgrade to PDroid2.0 or OpenPDroid
    • Fixed more security related bugs (every app was able to create its own data access log and a lot of more)
    • Implemented FailSafeMode with self recovery: Until the latest versions every root application was able to delete your privacy database which causes that all "doors" are open and PDroid decided to give the applications the real value. It also was able to modify entries inside of the database for ALL applications and change the settings. But what is the FailSafeMode? This mode is permament watching for unauthorized database accesses. That means if anyone tries to make changes in your privacy database or delete it to get your personal information PDroid triggers the FailSafeMode. The database and all current settings will be deleted and the return values of all settings will be empty, so all accesses will be blocked while you're in FailSafeMode. If PDroid detects a possible attack you will get an instant notification which informs you about the attack and that your system is now in FailSafeMode. After that PDroid tries to handle this case itself, that means it will try to recover the latest privacySettings and set up PDroid from scratch. It will take some seconds and you will receive another notification if the recovery was successful or not. Than you can go to preferences and deactivate the failSafeMode. Now your system is safe again! Once again, if you're currently in FailSafeMode, no application is able to get your personal information.
    • Implemented a core Privacy Debugging Bridge (PDB): A lot of developers wrote me emails and asked for such a feature. Here it is. With the latest version I wasn't able to detect a bug directly because of missing framework logs. But if you logging the whole time the problem is that your system logs will blow out, that's bad. Now you can enable and disable the core logging by enable/disable the preference in PDroid2.0. It alos has the advantage that you can now provide PDroid2.0 logs in a very effective way. You just have to open CatLog or other LogCat readers and type in the tag field "PDroid2.0". Now only core logs which are related to PDroid2.0 will appear and I can have a look at it.
    • enhanced core logging -> Added additional core logging information for EVERY class, now I'm able to give better support.
    • Restructured - partial or complete rewritten PDroid related framework classes. I did it because I implemented also a hardcoded default deny mode
    • Enhanced complete database threading (in a similar way ffuy5 did it, but not the same)
    • Added complete privacyCaching: I've added a complete privacy Cache handling system which allows very effectiv privacy settings access. Why you did that? If you open the Database in android it will cost a lot of CPU and that causes more battery consumption. PDroid open and closes the database a lot of times and that will cause a lot of battery and cpu consumption of your device. Harmful applications can hammer on the settings and your system will lag, that's not good at all! Now you can say: "ok, then i just leave the db connection open". Yes you can, but if you read the developers guide on android you will see that it is not a good way to do it. Summary: The cache will save battery, preserves your cpu. The only disadvantage of this is that it needs more memory, but you will never notice that :)
    • Fixed horrible service connection bug: Until now the problem is that the connection to the privacy service often fails. This causes some privacy information leaked. How did you implemented it? I was able to implement a central reconnection management. Now, on every dataaccess the system tries to connect to the service 5 times, if that fails the hardcoded default deny mode will trigger (description below). I'm running this bugFix now 3-5 weeks and never noticed (I have implemented a counter which is watching this error) a connection failure anymore.
    • Implemented a hardcoded default deny mode: This mode is the last and deepest "surface" which prevents PDroid2.0 from leaking data. What will happen if ever security mechanism fails? The answer is the default deny mode. The default deny mode is hardcoded and cannot be changed dynamically. People who compiling by their own can easily change this hardcoded mode. They have just to change one variable. You can decide between 3 modes: EMPTY, REAL, RANDOM. Just adjust this setting before you compile. You can easily check the current default deny mode of your framework in the manager application at "Core and App information". If you have notification enabled, you will get a special notification which indicates that the default deny mode was active. Btw: since I've fixed this bug I've never noticed that this hardcoded surface was active. So now PDroid works really really stable.
    • Implement disabling apps feature: The disabling apps feature allows you to automatically disable (freeze) the application until you've commit and saved the settings of the new installed application. There are some additional features (like freeze also system apps or freeze on update ....) which allows you to fine tune your settings. This feature will not disable the application like TitaniumBackup does. It search for every provider, receiver, activity or service and deactivates them. So the application cannot receive broadcast's or whatever until you enabled it.
    • Implemented/enhanced task Killing feature: First: the task killing feature is NOT similar to other task-killer you've ever seen on android. It does not showing you current running processes or whatever. With this feature you're able to FORCE CLOSE an application, similar to the force-close-button in the detailed app screen on android. Why should I need this feature? Sometimes you don't want that applications like face-book or google-play running in background. Normal taskkiller are not able to kill background service so task-killing won't work. With PDroid2.0 you can just kill them and they won't restart anymore until you opened the application by yourself.
    • many more.....

For people who compile by their own, you can change the dafault deny mode in the package android.privacy [class PrivacySettings.java].
    Just change this line:
    Code:
    public static final int CURRENT_DEFAULT_DENY_MODE = DEFAULT_DENY_EMPTY;
    to your demanded mode. Examples:
    Empty
    Code:
    public static final int CURRENT_DEFAULT_DENY_MODE = DEFAULT_DENY_EMPTY;
    Real
    Code:
    public static final int CURRENT_DEFAULT_DENY_MODE = DEFAULT_DENY_REAL;
    Random
    Code:
    public static final int CURRENT_DEFAULT_DENY_MODE = DEFAULT_DENY_RANDOM;

Ready Build for SGS2:
    I'm not sure if this build contains the latest changes. If it doesn't work for you please get in touch with me.

Preview:
    screenshot20130128211633B5V5A.png
    screenshot20130128211703G76OC.png
    screenshot201302081534243LNRN.png
    screenshot20130208153447SJ73G.png
    screenshot20130208153457ABJ5T.png
    screenshot20130208153522B39QZ.png
    screenshot201302081537554HJUP.png
    screenshot20130208154959FJKC9.png
    Hey,

here I am. Hopefully back in business with PDroid2.0 :D I know a lot of people sitting on needles and can't wait until the new version released. I can understand you :) So, I would like to answer some questions:

Why you need so much time for the next release?
    First: I have a real life and had a lot to do last time so I wasn't able to work on PDroid2.0 the whole time.
    Second: I've restructured a lot in the framework and the core is now partial rewritten by me, more detailed description will follow below.

What the state of the current development?
    I'm now running Android 4.2.1 for 2-3 Weeks and it is working really stable now. I've finished my work at the last night and it need just a little bit of testing, but there is one BIG problem. The "upload electronic" (in german it calls "ladeelektronik", hopefully it is the right word in english...) of my device is damaged. I have to save some money to get a new device :( Now I only can test my work with the device of my girlfriend if she allows that :laugh: I just need to update the CM10.1 version and check if my code fits with the newest updates (I'm currently developing with a nightly which is older than 1 month) and then I will build the patches and release them.

It took a long time until you released your new version. Can I except a bunch of "changings"?
    Yes, you can. There are a lot of changings in the new version at the CORE and Application itself. The only disadvantage of this is that it is not compatible with OpenPDroid or older version of PDroid2.0. I will looking forward to make a compatible version, but you all sitting on needles to get it and I will release the "pre-version" of it.

News related to the Manager Application:

• fixed angry birds bugs (multiple apps with same name can't access the privacy settings)
    • Fixed bug in batch profile mode where also system apps gets the profile instead of user only
    • Minor GUI improvements -> new dialog layout, fixed layout for devices which have no hard-keyboard, fixed layout for tablets (ou, that was ugly), a lot of more gui improvements
    • Added Random button in batch profile mode
    • Added random and clear button in the settings dialog if you want to add custom values
    • Added installed notification preference, now you can disable instant notification
    • Changed the update notification to smartmode -> same function as discussed in thread. Only if permissions changed you will get instant notification
    • Fixed the search bar
    • Fixed the keyboard bug if you leave pdroid with home button
    • Added failSafeMode handler(description look at core feature)
    • Added persistence notification in notificationbar which is showing current protection state(logging state, failsafeMode state, current PermissionMode, Database Connection Error Count or Manager Connection Error Count). You're also able to quick access settings, preferences, and logs
    • Switch Debug mode for core logging feature
    • Disable applications handling (description look at core feature)
    • Additional information in "Core and App Information" to see which current hardcoded default deny mode is active
    • many more...

News related to Core:

• Fixed llam bug
    • fixed google listen crashed
    • fixed camera bug (thx to MB66)
    • a lot of more fixes. I can't listen them all here, if you want to know some specific fixes, just ask for :)
    • Fixed the announced security bugs (thx to FFuy5)
    • Fixed more security related bugs (every app was able to create its own data access log and a lot of more)
    • Implemented FailSafeMode with self recovery: Until the latest versions every root application was able to delete your privacy database which causes that all "doors" are open and PDroid decided to give the applications the real value. It also was able to modify entries inside of the database for ALL applications and change the settings. But what is the FailSafeMode? This mode is permament watching for unauthorized database accesses. That means if anyone tries to make changes in your privacy database or delete it to get your personal information PDroid triggers the FailSafeMode. The database and all current settings will be deleted and the return values of all settings will be empty, so all accesses will be blocked while you're in FailSafeMode. If PDroid detects a possible attack you will get an instant notification which informs you about the attack and that your system is now in FailSafeMode. After that PDroid tries to handle this case itself, that means it will try to recover the latest privacySettings and set up PDroid from scratch. It will take some seconds and you will receive another notification if the recovery was successful or not. Than you can go to preferences and deactivate the failSafeMode. Now your system is safe again! Once again, if you're currently in FailSafeMode, no application is able to get your personal information.
    • Implemented a core Privacy Debugging Bridge (PDB): A lot of developers wrote me emails and asked for such a feature. Here it is. With the latest version I wasn't able to detect a bug directly because of missing framework logs. But if you logging the whole time the problem is that your system logs will blow out, that's bad. Now you can enable and disable the core logging by enable/disable the preference in PDroid2.0. It alos has the advantage that you can now provide PDroid2.0 logs in a very effective way. You just have to open CatLog or other LogCat readers and type in the tag field "PDroid2.0". Now only core logs which are related to PDroid2.0 will appear and I can have a look at it.
    • enhanced core logging -> Added additional core logging information for EVERY class, now I'm able to give better support.
    • Restructured - partial or complete rewritten PDroid related framework classes. I did it because I implemented also a hardcoded default deny mode
    • Enhanced complete database threading (in a similar way ffuy5 did it, but not the same)
    • Added complete privacyCaching: I've added a complete privacy Cache handling system which allows very effectiv privacy settings access. Why you did that? If you open the Database in android it will cost a lot of CPU and that causes more battery consumption. PDroid open and closes the database a lot of times and that will cause a lot of battery and cpu consumption of your device. Harmful applications can hammer on the settings and your system will lag, that's not good at all! Now you can say: "ok, then i just leave the db connection open". Yes you can, but if you read the developers guide on android you will see that it is not a good way to do it. Summary: The cache will save battery, preserves your cpu. The only disadvantage of this is that it needs more memory, but you will never notice that :)
    • Fixed horrible service connection bug: Until now the problem is that the connection to the privacy service often fails. This causes some privacy information leaked. How did you implemented it? I was able to implement a central reconnection management. Now, on every dataaccess the system tries to connect to the service 5 times, if that fails the hardcoded default deny mode will trigger (description below). I'm running this bugFix now 3-5 weeks and never noticed (I have implemented a counter which is watching this error) a connection failure anymore.
    • Implemented a hardcoded default deny mode: This mode is the last and deepest "surface" which prevents PDroid2.0 from leaking data. What will happen if ever security mechanism fails? The answer is the default deny mode. The default deny mode is hardcoded and cannot be changed dynamically. People who compiling by their own can easily change this hardcoded mode. They have just to change one variable. You can decide between 3 modes: EMPTY, REAL, RANDOM. Just adjust this setting before you compile. You can easily check the current default deny mode of your framework in the manager application at "Core and App information". If you have notification enabled, you will get a special notification which indicates that the default deny mode was active. Btw: since I've fixed this bug I've never noticed that this hardcoded surface was active. So now PDroid works really really stable.
    • Implement disabling apps feature: The disabling apps feature allows you to automatically disable (freeze) the application until you've commit and saved the settings of the new installed application. There are some additional features (like freeze also system apps or freeze on update ....) which allows you to fine tune your settings. This feature will not disable the application like TitaniumBackup does. It search for every provider, receiver, activity or service and deactivates them. So the application cannot receive broadcast's or whatever until you enabled it.
    • Implemented/enhanced task Killing feature: First: the task killing feature is NOT similar to other task-killer you've ever seen on android. It does not showing you current running processes or whatever. With this feature you're able to FORCE CLOSE an application, similar to the force-close-button in the detailed app screen on android. Why should I need this feature? Sometimes you don't want that applications like face-book or google-play running in background. Normal taskkiller are not able to kill background service so task-killing won't work. With PDroid2.0 you can just kill them and they won't restart anymore until you opened the application by yourself.
    • many more.....

Now I have no more time to write and hopefully I will edit this post soon.
    @All people who tries to get in touch with me via PM or email (flooded :eek:) I will answer as fast as I can. But the highest priority now is to release the new Version of PDroid2.0 ASAP.
    Thanks for reading this post and hopefully you can understand my text. If not, just ask, because I wrote this text very fast....
    It also works with TWRP. Tested it on my i9300.

@CollegeDev: Could you edit the OP concerning to TWRP?

Regards

Koetermann

Yes, I will do it.

News:
    PDroid2.0 goes now to Github. :good::good:

I'm currently learning how to handle sources with github and if anyone has a good solution how I can sync my sources with Github -> please get in touch with me, thanks

You can find me on GitHub for this application under following link:
    https://github.com/CollegeDev/PDroid2.0_Manager
    Other repos:
    https://github.com/CollegeDev/PDroid2.0_Manager_Compiled -> here you can download the newest builds under the "devil" branch
    https://github.com/CollegeDev/PDroid2.0_Framework_Patches -> patches

You can now open issues and enhancements if you like :)