Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[APP] Easy Contact Sync

OP Goddchen

26th February 2013, 10:03 AM   |  #1  
Goddchen's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Konstanz
Thanks Meter: 209
 
394 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
Donate to Me
More
Hey everyone,

then next app BETA is finished "Easy Contact Sync".

Based on my last app "Easy App Toolbox", I created this new app for handling your contacts.

Contacts are saved as VCARDs (*.vcf files). This way they can easily be used in any other application that can handle VCARDs.

Feature List:
* Backup/Restore to/from Dropbox
* Backup/Restore to/from Google Drive
* Backup/Restore to/from Box.net
* Backup/Restore to/from SD card
* Auto Sync (automatically backup all contacts every night at 0:00)
* Directly send/share one or multiple contacts

I'm really looking forward to your feedback!

The app is available at the Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...asycontactsync

as well as via QR code



The app uses a freemium model again: free selection limit: 3 contacts at a time, auto-sync is also available via in-app purchase. As you are used to, you can freely choose how much you want to pay!

Goddchen
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	device-2013-02-24-020950.jpg
Views:	541
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	1761984   Click image for larger version

Name:	device-2013-02-24-021015.jpg
Views:	533
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	1761985   Click image for larger version

Name:	device-2013-02-24-021030.jpg
Views:	489
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	1761986  
Last edited by Goddchen; 26th February 2013 at 10:06 AM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Goddchen For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th February 2013, 04:21 PM   |  #2  
ady_uaic's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Iasi
Thanks Meter: 39
 
1,246 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2006
Donate to Me
More
great app, but what's the difference between export/import directly from agenda and using this app? (without discussing about the other features that are on this app).
28th February 2013, 04:52 PM   |  #3  
Goddchen's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Konstanz
Thanks Meter: 209
 
394 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ady_uaic

great app, but what's the difference between export/import directly from agenda and using this app? (without discussing about the other features that are on this app).

Thanks What do you mean by "agenda"?
28th February 2013, 04:59 PM   |  #4  
ady_uaic's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Iasi
Thanks Meter: 39
 
1,246 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2006
Donate to Me
More
I mean the phonebook.
28th February 2013, 05:04 PM   |  #5  
Goddchen's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Konstanz
Thanks Meter: 209
 
394 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ady_uaic

I mean the phonebook.

The contacts system app?
28th February 2013, 06:38 PM   |  #6  
Noodles_44's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 3
 
27 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
Does this app maintain the quality of the contact photos?

I've added photos from my SD card for higher resolution as it looks better during incoming/outgoing calls. Would love to be able to restore contacts without having to manually update the pictures!
The Following User Says Thank You to Noodles_44 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st March 2013, 12:42 AM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 136
 
905 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
More
can this back up my facebook contacts?coz only in htc sence it syncs fb phone numbers and i want to try cm in my phone but will lose my fb contacts numbers
1st March 2013, 06:32 AM   |  #8  
nvyaniv's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
72 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Lightbulb
I wanted to know what the major difference is between this app and the google contacts? dont they both automatically sync my contact info.. ???

I'm not sure if this is already supported but if it dosent i want to make a suggestion for a feature ...

I've synced my contacts from google account(phone numbers) and facebook and linkedin and twitter... And manually put them together so each one matches the appropriate contact.. but every time i flash a rom i loose this data.. can you make sure that the links that are mainted are reestablished when i install a new rom and reinstallt the apps and sync my contacts so they atutomatically stich themselves back together.. ????
The Following User Says Thank You to nvyaniv For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st March 2013, 08:34 AM   |  #9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 136
 
905 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvyaniv

I wanted to know what the major difference is between this app and the google contacts? dont they both automatically sync my contact info.. ???

I'm not sure if this is already supported but if it dosent i want to make a suggestion for a feature ...

I've synced my contacts from google account(phone numbers) and facebook and linkedin and twitter... And manually put them together so each one matches the appropriate contact.. but every time i flash a rom i loose this data.. can you make sure that the links that are mainted are reestablished when i install a new rom and reinstallt the apps and sync my contacts so they atutomatically stich themselves back together.. ????

+1
1st March 2013, 01:14 PM   |  #10  
Goddchen's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Konstanz
Thanks Meter: 209
 
394 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodles_44

Does this app maintain the quality of the contact photos?

I've added photos from my SD card for higher resolution as it looks better during incoming/outgoing calls. Would love to be able to restore contacts without having to manually update the pictures!

In the current beta version, photos are not restored. But it is on the TODO list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasantha

can this back up my facebook contacts?coz only in htc sence it syncs fb phone numbers and i want to try cm in my phone but will lose my fb contacts numbers

Hm, haven't checked this out yet. Give it a try and sync one of your facebook contacts. Then check out the generated vcf file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvyaniv

I wanted to know what the major difference is between this app and the google contacts? dont they both automatically sync my contact info.. ???

I'm not sure if this is already supported but if it dosent i want to make a suggestion for a feature ...

I've synced my contacts from google account(phone numbers) and facebook and linkedin and twitter... And manually put them together so each one matches the appropriate contact.. but every time i flash a rom i loose this data.. can you make sure that the links that are mainted are reestablished when i install a new rom and reinstallt the apps and sync my contacts so they atutomatically stich themselves back together.. ????

Does your google contacts get synced to dropbox, box, or drive? or sync your contacts with google when you don't have a data connection?

I will check out the merging logic and if it can be backed up. Thanks for the suggestion

The Following User Says Thank You to Goddchen For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes