5,605,766 Members 48,182 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] Easy Contact Sync

Tip us?

Goddchen
Old
(Last edited by Goddchen; 26th February 2013 at 09:06 AM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 208

DONATE TO ME
Default [APP] Easy Contact Sync

Hey everyone,

then next app BETA is finished "Easy Contact Sync".

Based on my last app "Easy App Toolbox", I created this new app for handling your contacts.

Contacts are saved as VCARDs (*.vcf files). This way they can easily be used in any other application that can handle VCARDs.

Feature List:
* Backup/Restore to/from Dropbox
* Backup/Restore to/from Google Drive
* Backup/Restore to/from Box.net
* Backup/Restore to/from SD card
* Auto Sync (automatically backup all contacts every night at 0:00)
* Directly send/share one or multiple contacts

I'm really looking forward to your feedback!

The app is available at the Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...asycontactsync

as well as via QR code

The app uses a freemium model again: free selection limit: 3 contacts at a time, auto-sync is also available via in-app purchase. As you are used to, you can freely choose how much you want to pay!

Goddchen
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	device-2013-02-24-020950.jpg
Views:	539
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	1761984   Click image for larger version

Name:	device-2013-02-24-021015.jpg
Views:	531
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	1761985   Click image for larger version

Name:	device-2013-02-24-021030.jpg
Views:	487
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	1761986  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Goddchen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ady_uaic
Old
Thanks Meter 37

DONATE TO ME
great app, but what's the difference between export/import directly from agenda and using this app? (without discussing about the other features that are on this app).
LG G2

Goddchen
Old
Thanks Meter 208

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ady_uaic View Post
great app, but what's the difference between export/import directly from agenda and using this app? (without discussing about the other features that are on this app).
Thanks What do you mean by "agenda"?

ady_uaic
Old
Thanks Meter 37

DONATE TO ME
I mean the phonebook.
LG G2

Goddchen
Old
Thanks Meter 208

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ady_uaic View Post
I mean the phonebook.
The contacts system app?

Noodles_44
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Does this app maintain the quality of the contact photos?

I've added photos from my SD card for higher resolution as it looks better during incoming/outgoing calls. Would love to be able to restore contacts without having to manually update the pictures!
The Following User Says Thank You to Noodles_44 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Lasantha
Old
Thanks Meter 115
can this back up my facebook contacts?coz only in htc sence it syncs fb phone numbers and i want to try cm in my phone but will lose my fb contacts numbers

nvyaniv
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I wanted to know what the major difference is between this app and the google contacts? dont they both automatically sync my contact info.. ???

I'm not sure if this is already supported but if it dosent i want to make a suggestion for a feature ...

I've synced my contacts from google account(phone numbers) and facebook and linkedin and twitter... And manually put them together so each one matches the appropriate contact.. but every time i flash a rom i loose this data.. can you make sure that the links that are mainted are reestablished when i install a new rom and reinstallt the apps and sync my contacts so they atutomatically stich themselves back together.. ????
The Following User Says Thank You to nvyaniv For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Lasantha
Old
Thanks Meter 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvyaniv View Post
I wanted to know what the major difference is between this app and the google contacts? dont they both automatically sync my contact info.. ???

I'm not sure if this is already supported but if it dosent i want to make a suggestion for a feature ...

I've synced my contacts from google account(phone numbers) and facebook and linkedin and twitter... And manually put them together so each one matches the appropriate contact.. but every time i flash a rom i loose this data.. can you make sure that the links that are mainted are reestablished when i install a new rom and reinstallt the apps and sync my contacts so they atutomatically stich themselves back together.. ????
+1

Goddchen
Old
Thanks Meter 208

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodles_44 View Post
Does this app maintain the quality of the contact photos?

I've added photos from my SD card for higher resolution as it looks better during incoming/outgoing calls. Would love to be able to restore contacts without having to manually update the pictures!
In the current beta version, photos are not restored. But it is on the TODO list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasantha View Post
can this back up my facebook contacts?coz only in htc sence it syncs fb phone numbers and i want to try cm in my phone but will lose my fb contacts numbers
Hm, haven't checked this out yet. Give it a try and sync one of your facebook contacts. Then check out the generated vcf file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvyaniv View Post

Does your google contacts get synced to dropbox, box, or drive? or sync your contacts with google when you don't have a data connection?

I will check out the merging logic and if it can be backed up. Thanks for the suggestion

The Following User Says Thank You to Goddchen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]