[NIGHTLY][ROM][4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 for Acer A700

Search This thread

herogjan

Nov 23, 2012
Uitgeest
I disagree that it is 'normal'. I can overheat my A700 to the point of crashing and reboot at will by playing a game or benchmark for more than 20 min.

I agree that underclocking or lowering res would probably mitigate it... But I wouldn't call that a 'normal' thing to have to do on a consumer electronics device.

Regardless, all of this is off topic for this thread. Please take it to general.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

I seriously don't have that experience. When i got this tab new there was this issue, but after the update it never never reappeared again. Not with cm10.1 not with iconian, not with running iconian kernel.

jameschecker

Apr 5, 2008
I seriously don't have that experience. When i got this tab new there was this issue, but after the update it never never reappeared again. Not with cm10.1 not with iconian, not with running iconian kernel.

I only can fully agree. I never have any heating issue or any other. I am quite happy with the iconia and i had a ipad before.

laloutre

Mar 18, 2012
I confirm. Heat problems are now in the past IMHO.
I've been experiencing those problems at the very beginning, but since I use Iconian or CM, no more heating.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

switchgott

Jan 22, 2007
Hi to all,

small bug.
The menu for "New Start", Recover etc does not work correct!
It shows only "New Start" not recovery any more.
Any idea how to fix it?

scoobyjenkins

Jul 8, 2012
Leeds
OnePlus 5
Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Plus
Hi guys, I've been a cm fan since using cm9 on my HTC desire HD phone, then my i9300 through to cm10.1 and now I'm using it on the A700 and it's fantastic! Having the "extra high" touch sensitivity option makes the screen perfectly responsive compared to stock. I just have a small query... Does anyone know if there is a way to enable the crt animation used in the phone versions? I also wondered why it doesn't seem present here. Not an issue, just a query. I hope that's ok!

JasonJoel

Apr 23, 2008
I confirm. Heat problems are now in the past IMHO.
I've been experiencing those problems at the very beginning, but since I use Iconian or CM, no more heating.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

Well, I have access to 3 A700s, and I can make 2 out of 3 reboot on high heat when really stressing the tab, all 3 running same rom. So the problem does exist.

That being said, it only happens when the cpu and gpu are really taxed for extended periods. So probably not that big of a deal unless you play complex games for long stretches.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

youshoe

Feb 6, 2012
Vancouver, BC | Kingston, ON
Hi guys, I've been a cm fan since using cm9 on my HTC desire HD phone, then my i9300 through to cm10.1 and now I'm using it on the A700 and it's fantastic! Having the "extra high" touch sensitivity option makes the screen perfectly responsive compared to stock. I just have a small query... Does anyone know if there is a way to enable the crt animation used in the phone versions? I also wondered why it doesn't seem present here. Not an issue, just a query. I hope that's ok!

A quick Google search yielded me:

http://mobilecon.info/makes-android-have-an-old-tv-effect-crt-animation.html

http://androidforums.com/admire-all...method-see-below-works-stock-monster-4-a.html

Have fun trying them out and report back if they work :p

Sent from my A700 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: scoobyjenkins

scoobyjenkins

Jul 8, 2012
Leeds
OnePlus 5
Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Plus

kiteman44

Jan 13, 2007
hey pawitp.

i often get this kind of error with different URL.
No pub blocker was used.

But when i use adaway for example, i haven't these errors.
Thanks for your great work

Attachments

• log.txt
    30.6 KB · Views: 11

kiteman44

Jan 13, 2007
Thanks but when happened the browser not responding and there is an alertdialog for waiting or for closing.
And waiting did nothing, there is still this alertdialog.
Same page under Stock didn't do that.

pawitp

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 30, 2010
Bangkok
Thanks but when happened the browser not responding and there is an alertdialog for waiting or for closing.

What is the URL of the site with the problem. Does it occurs on other browsers from the market?

Sent from my A700 using xda app-developers app

Picklocker

Sep 16, 2008
AW: [NIGHTLY][ROM][4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 for Acer A700

I hab this issue with flash player. After I installed a new Version the Problem was fixed.

Gesendet von meinem A700 mit Tapatalk 2

kiteman44

Jan 13, 2007
I hab this issue with flash player. After I installed a new Version the Problem was fixed.

Gesendet von meinem A700 mit Tapatalk 2

OK i have install_flash_player_11.1.115.36 version from xda. I'll test with another version. Thanks

Edit : same problem with latest version. Not happened when parameters plugin ondemand is checked.
Maybe some ads flash problems..

Last edited:

Picklocker

Sep 16, 2008
AW: [NIGHTLY][ROM][4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 for Acer A700

OK i have install_flash_player_11.1.115.36 version from xda. I'll test with another version. Thanks

Edit : same problem with latest version. Not happened when parameters plugin ondemand is checked.
Maybe some ads flash problems..

I have version xxx. 47
If it does not work with this version it is not flash. ;)

Last edited:

kiteman44

Jan 13, 2007
I have version xxx. 47
If it does not work with this version it is not flash. ;)

it's ads flash.
When "on demand" for plugin is checked, i clik on the areaof most of ads for activate the flash and it happens again.
When i click on "normal" flash like video player, not happened.

On demand checked solve my problem ;)

Reactions: obaka

nex86

Nov 9, 2010
Any improvements for the A700 ?
I still find that the UI is quite a bit laggy in FullHD but its a bit better in 1280x800 but not yet smooth as on the A510.
i'd be also happy to see if there is a way to implement exfat/ntfs support in order to store larger files like HD movies on the sd card.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

WARNING: I've bricked my tablet into APX mode around the 10th time of flashing this ROM (recovery froze and it rebooted into APX). The new (Update 1) recovery should be safer than the old one, but flash at your own risk!

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Device-specific source code for the Acer A700 are available from https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_device_acer_a700 and https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_acer_t30

Do not submit bug on CyanogenMod issue tracker

Downloads
    Latest Nightly: http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=a700
    Google Apps: http://goo.im/gapps

Installation
    1. Install CWM recovery from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1791165 (note that the old touch version will not work because of incorrect default.prop from CWM builder)
    2. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    3. Install the ROM using ClockworkMod Recovery
    4. Optionally install the Google Addon
    5. Wipe data if coming from stock

Changelog
    A rough changelog is (will be) available here:
    http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#/cm10.1/a700 or http://10.1.cmxlog.com/?device=a700

Reporting Bugs

You are allowed to report bugs only in this thread.

• Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. The following is a useful format to follow.

Code:
    What is your--
    Phone model:
    Radio (baseband):
    CM version:
    CM Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    CMSettings/Performance settings (other than stock):
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

Note to Official JB Users

Jelly Bean bootloader is only supported on 201212023-EXEPRIMENTAL and later NIGHTLIES.
    @pawitp Is Cyanogenmod 10.2 (Android 4.3) realistic for our a700?

Sent from my rooted Acer Iconia A700 running IconiaN with Tapatalk HD

It'll probably eventually get it. I just don't have the free time right now to port it.
    Re: [NIGHTLY][ROM][4.2.1] CyanogenMod 10.1 for Acer A700

I'm aware of that. did you already tried it and how does it look? does the image gets upscaled and filtered or how?

Run this from adb shell or root terminal

Code:
    am display-size 1200x800
    am display-density 160

Then reboot. Use this to restore original setting.

Code:
    am display-size reset
    am display-density reset

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda app-developers app
    Thank you for the logcat! I've triggered a test build with the fix. Please test if it works or not.

http://get.cm/get/jenkins/33597/cm-10.1-20130706-EXPERIMENTAL-a700-fcfix.zip
    Has anyone had success tethering to a phone? I've tried tethering my A700 to my GT-i9300 both running cm10.1 and though they connect using Wi-Fi hotspot and bluetooth tethering, internet only works when the i9300 is using Wi-Fi from my router. If my i9300 is on data and I try to open a browser or internet reliant app like Facebook, Gmail etc., on the A700, it tries to load unsuccessfully. I know others on the i9300 cm10.1 discussion thread have had success with other tablets. I couldn't find a tethering setting when on stock (A700) but would expect it to work if it works when my phone has a Wi-Fi connection to my router!

I tether from my Galaxy S1 just fine. Have you tried your accessing I9300's internet from another device (e.g. laptop) to verify that it is indeed providing a connection?

Has anyone tried LagFix/FStrim on their device running this version of CM? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.grilledmonkeydonate.lagfix&hl=en

As a side note, any idea if it is possible, in the works, etc to get TWRP working on our device? Is it possible or easy to port it? I find it more user friendly for flashing the nightlies along with the Chrome Desktop patch, Sony Certificate Installer etc that I do along with every update.

FStrim will have no effect on our device since I've disabled TRIM support within the kernel, as it is this command that causes bricks on our device. (There is a bug in Samsung's EMMC firmware.)

Porting TWRP should be fairly easy to do.

EDIT: Attached. Not creating a new thread for this since I won't really be supporting it.

Code:
    DEVICE_RESOLUTION := 1920x1200
    RECOVERY_SDCARD_ON_DATA := true
    TW_INTERNAL_STORAGE_PATH := "/data/media"
    TW_INTERNAL_STORAGE_MOUNT_POINT := "data"
    TW_EXTERNAL_STORAGE_PATH := "/external_sd"
    TW_EXTERNAL_STORAGE_MOUNT_POINT := "external_sd"