[KERNEL][STOCK][JB][8 MAY] Blazing Kernel v8 - Payback Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Kingspp

Apr 10, 2012
Mysore
Re: [KERNEL][STOCK][JB][16 FEB] Blazing Kernel v4 - New CWM (supports /preload)

Only Samsung can answer this...cause even some are facing SOD in stock...

Heard it and that graphic glitch are happening due to deodexing??? ... never complained in the first place ryuin...;)

Sent from my GT-I9100G using xda premium

gchris7

Nov 20, 2009
Is there anyone else that was having SODs in the first days and now its gone?
I had around 4-5 SODs the first day, 2-3 the next, then i had one last SOD on Sunday and its all good since then. :confused:

Reactions: ashhanlove

fithryd

Jun 24, 2012
selangor

Was tried use stock kernel , no sod but few times facing random reboot.now everything its fine..

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk 2

ashhanlove

Mar 30, 2012
SOD

Is there anyone else that was having SODs in the first days and now its gone?
I had around 4-5 SODs the first day, 2-3 the next, then i had one last SOD on Sunday and its all good since then. :confused:

I have had the same problem... sometimes my phones locks up with ringtone and message tone looping... its crazy.... anyone knws the fix??????

Kingspp

Apr 10, 2012
Mysore

Mate no sod from 2 days...using stock kernel.... missing bl...:(

Sent from my GT-I9100G using xda premium

Shaitan.sk

Apr 5, 2012
AW: [KERNEL][STOCK][JB][16 FEB] Blazing Kernel v4 - New CWM (supports /preload)

What rom do you use iXanza?

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

bsd350

Jun 14, 2012
Nice kernel. So, waiting for v5 antiSOD and antiselfreboot, may be next update from opensource samsung.
And music skips in stock apps for music very annoying thing. May be it's apps bug or kernel, dont know (. But in nrg player eg is fine.

Last edited:

Shaitan.sk

Apr 5, 2012
AW: [KERNEL][STOCK][JB][16 FEB] Blazing Kernel v4 - New CWM (supports /preload)

Have anyone try the the v5?

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk 2

Ryuinferno

Apr 3, 2012
ryuinferno.github.io

It is because you have install-recovery.sh in /system/etc...that it's not used since the kernel supports init.d, except if you have cross breeder or something that uses that...nothing to worry, false positive...select no and you are fine...if you selected yes, install-recovery.sh gets deleted...

Infinite96

Aug 1, 2012
It is because you have install-recovery.sh in /system/etc...that it's not used since the kernel supports init.d, except if you have cross breeder or something that uses that...nothing to worry, false positive...select no and you are fine...if you selected yes, install-recovery.sh gets deleted...
So possible a release for it now :p Hehe XD
Come in PM =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    **You can choose between TWRP or CWM now!!! :D**

Blazing Kernel v8

Yeah! As we all know, there are not many choices of kernels for our I9100G, especially stock kernels. Therefore, I decided to take up this challenge! After months of trials, hair-pulling moments and countless errors (and non-stop flashing too)...so now you have it: Blazing Kernel!

Features for v3 and above (JB):
    - Can be flashed directly using stock recovery!
    - Compiled using Samsung _CHN_JB_Opensource_Update1
    - 2 versions of recovery available (different zImage): TWRP and CWM!
    - Init.d scripts support (Place scripts in /system/etc/init.d or /data/etc/init.d)
    - 3 versions of CWM recovery available (different zImage): CWM5, CWM6 and CWM5 Touch! (v4 onwards only supports CWM6)
    - Default scheduler is cfq
    - Default governor is interactive
    - MMC_CAP_ERASE already disabled by Samsung -> no more brick bug
    - Supports CIFS
    - Merged the touch screen fix in CM 10.1 by ankitkv
    - USB fast charge (use an app called "Fast Charge" to toggle)
    - Custom voltage settings (use "Voltage Control" to set)
    - Custom bootanimation (just place bootanimtion.zip in /system/media; to restore original bootanimation, just delete the bootanimtion.zip in /system/media)
    - Custom boot sound (just place PowerOn.ogg in /system/media; to mute, create an empty file named "mute" in /system/media; to unmute, create an empty file named "unmute" in /system/media ; to restore original boot sound, create an empty file named "ori_sound" in /system/media
    - Frandom support!
    - Patched /dev/random
    - Tweaked interactive governor to unleash its full power! :p
    - More RAM (original=769 MB, Blazing Kernel=771MB)
    - Additional governors: HYPER, Scary, wheatley, abyssplug, minmax, interactiveX, lulzactive, lazy, pegasusq, lagfree, smartassV2
    - Addtional I/O schedulers: vr, sio, row
    - Miscellaneous tweaks
    - More to come!​

Features for v2 (ICS):
    - Can be flashed directly using stock recovery!
    - Compiled using Samsung Open Source Update 2
    - 3 versions of CWM recovery available (different zImage): CWM5, CWM6 and CWM5 Touch!
    - Default scheduler is noop
    - Default governor is interactive
    - Fixed 30 fps bug! (integrated the fix in BL ROM into the kernel)
    - Disabled MMC_CAP_ERASE -> no more brick bug
    - init.d scripts support (Just create a folder named "init.d" in /system/etc and insert your scripts in there)
    - Custom bootanimation support (Place bootanimtion.zip in /system/media, if none is present, default Samsung bootanimation will run instead)
    - Custom boot sound support (Place PowerOn.ogg in /system/media, make a file named "mute" to mute the boot sound, make a file named "ori_sound" in /system/media to restore original sound)
    - Supports CIFS
    - Custom user defined voltages (use apps like Voltage Control)
    - RAM overclock! (From 400Mhz max to 533Mhz)(cannot be set, embedded in kernel)
    - Miscellaneous tweaks​

Bugs:
    For v3 and above:
    - Currently none

For v2:
    - Bluetooth is still not working in 4.0.4 ROMs (although the source code was updated)...hmm...yea...good job Sammy...:(

Requirements:
    - Running a stock or stock-based Samsung TouchWiz ICS/JB ROM​

Instructions:
    Flash via stock or custom recovery (Safest and easiest method):
    1. Choose your CWM version: CWM5, CWM6 or CWM5 Touch, v4 onwards only supports CWM6 and TWRP.
    2. Download the corresponding zip package.
    3. Place in sdcard (external sdcard for those running stock recovery)
    4. Flash the zip.
    5. Reboot.

**Note: From v6 onwards, ODIN flashable kernel will not be released anymore as external modules are required...which is only achievable via zip files...

Flash via ODIN (WARNING: Will increase binary count and warning triangle will appear):
    1. Choose your CWM version: CWM5, CWM6 or CWM5 Touch, v4 onwards only supports CWM6.
    2. Download the corresponding tar package.
    3. Run ODIN and select the tar package under PDA
    4. Start flashing.
    5. Reboot.​

NOTE:
    To those who still thinks that it is my kernel that causes the SOD, you are more than welcome to revert to the stock kernel. Steps as below:
    1. Download stock_XXLSR_kernel.zip from here: http://bit.ly/XCEejd and place it into your external sdcard/internal sdcard.
    2. Flash it and you will be back to stock kernel and recovery.
    3. To flash stuff or do backups/restore, use this temporary CWM that was compiled by me: Temp_CWM6.zip. Since I compiled it using our device's kernel code, it should be more stable than the temporary touch recovery, and the labeling of partitions are correct too, plus it supports /preload...

To those who wanna provide logs, kindly refer to this post: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=39014273&postcount=201

Frandom
    v6 and onwards supports frandom, which is a faster (10-50 times) random number generator than urandom...it generally decreases lag in GUI...if you are using CrossBreeder, it will automatically utilise it...if not, place this script in /etc/init.d and set permissions as rwxrwxrwx (name it whatever you want) and reboot:

Code:
    #!/system/bin/sh
    # Ryuinferno @ XDA

chmod 666 /dev/frandom
    mv /dev/random /dev/random.ori
    mv /dev/urandom /dev/urandom.ori
    ln /dev/frandom /dev/random
    ln /dev/frandom /dev/urandom

It is working if you have /dev/random.ori and /dev/urandom.ori after a reboot...to revert, just remove the script (or else, it will be applied on every boot)...​

Downloads:
    For flashing via recovery:

For flashing via ODIN:

Thanks to them for their guidance: :D
    superatmos
    bluefa1con
    codeworkx
    Phil3759

Enjoy guys! :D
    Changelog:
    Code:
    [U]v1:[/U]
    - Initial release

[U]v2:[/U]
    - RAM overclock to 553 Mhz
    - Disabled GENTLE_FAIR_SLEEPERS
    - Modified touchscreen sensitivity by codeworkx
    - Custom voltage support
    - Custom boot sound support
    - Optimised memcpy and memmove
    - Re-tuned interactive and hotplug governors (previous was either not performing or uses too much battery)

[U]v3:[/U]
    - JB initial commit

[U]v4:[/U]
    - Modified CWM in order to support preload (Thanks to [URL="http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=4666971"]Phil3759[/URL])

[U]v5:[/U]
    - Init.d scripts support (Place scripts in /system/etc/init.d or /data/etc/init.d)
    - Reverted certain interactive governor tweaks (too aggressive)
    - Replaced cpuidle files with old ones (from ICS source) for possible solution to SOD
    - Reverted configurations that might be the cause of unstability

[U]v6:[/U]
    - TWRP
    - USB fast charge 
    - Custom voltage settings 
    - Custom bootanimation
    - Custom boot sound
    - Frandom support

[U]v7:[/U]
    - Samsung MEA_JB Open Source update (hopefully no more SODs)

[U]v8:[/U]
    - Samsung CHN_JB_Opensource_Update1 (everything should be smoother & SODs are unlikely to occur)
    - Reduced size of zImage 
    - Updated CWM to 6.0.3.1 and TWRP to 2.5
    - Patched /dev/random
    - Added governors: HYPER, Scary, wheatley, abyssplug, minmax, interactiveX, lulzactive, lazy, pegasusq, lagfree, smartassV2
    - Added schedulers: vr, sio, row
    - Compiled using O3 flag

Source code:
    https://github.com/Ryuinferno/GT-I9100G-Blazing_Kernel
    Ho yeah! So I managed to do it! I modified the CWM and now it will backup and restore the /preload partition...the basic functions of a kernel is complete now...future releases will be on features and improvements...:) Links and changelog in first post...

*P.s. To those who still thinks that it is my kernel that causes the SOD, you are more than welcome to revert to the stock kernel. Steps as below:
    1. Download stock_XXLSR_kernel.zip from here: http://bit.ly/XCEejd and place it into your external sdcard/internal sdcard.
    2. Flash it and you will be back to stock kernel and recovery.
    3. To flash stuff or do backups/restore, use this temporary CWM that was compiled by me: Temp_CWM6.zip. Since I compiled it using our device's kernel code, it should be more stable than the temporary touch recovery, and the labeling of partitions are correct too...;)
    Finally, after the long wait, v8 is here!!! And I have added stuffs that most of you will like ----> governors and schedulers!!! :D Download links in first post...;)

Changelog:
    - Samsung CHN_JB_Opensource_Update1 (everything should be smoother & SODs are unlikely to occur)
    - Reduced size of zImage
    - Updated CWM to 6.0.3.1 and TWRP to 2.5
    - Patched /dev/random
    - Added governors: HYPER, Scary, wheatley, abyssplug, minmax, interactiveX, lulzactive, lazy, pegasusq, lagfree, smartassV2
    - Added schedulers: vr, sio, row
    - Compiled using O3 flag
    v5 is out!!!

Ok guys, after lots of of testing and debugging by the community and myself, v5 is out now...it should be more stable and supports init.d+touchscreen fix...:)...for more info about updates, please refer the second post or my git hub...

For those facing SOD again, if you wanna make a bug report, please state what were you doing before that happened, if possible, attached a log generated by lager...logs after a reboot are not relevant as it gets reset after a reboot...

For those more adventurous ones, you can try this test build:

Download: Blazing_Kernel_test1.zip

It might further reduce SODs and random reboots (used configurations from CM, hopefully it works, works well for me so far)...and as usual please provide helpful feedback...;)...whining is strictly not welcomed here...

So guys, enjoy (hopefully)...and this kernel update also signifies the upcoming of something else...:p