Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Launcher 7

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

ticojpunk

Aug 29, 2011
New City, NY
A number of pages back, I was professing my love for Touchwiz. I still think it's great, but just for kicks I gave Nova a try. The increase in fluidity and massive decrease in jumpiness and lag was blatantly obvious. And on top of that, gestures really are incredibly useful.

I'm now on a Nova Prime full time. It really is amazing.

Sent from my Frosty Jelly Beaned SGH-T999 via Tapatalk 2

tdotdot

Dec 18, 2012
A number of pages back, I was professing my love for Touchwiz. I still think it's great, but just for kicks I gave Nova a try. The increase in fluidity and massive decrease in jumpiness and lag was blatantly obvious. And on top of that, gestures really are incredibly useful.

I'm now on a Nova Prime full time. It really is amazing.

Sent from my Frosty Jelly Beaned SGH-T999 via Tapatalk 2

you can change transition speeds in developer settings to make touchwiz faster. personally i don't see a difference in speed between the two. feature wise, nova is better of course.

serio22

Jul 1, 2012
Houston
The people using nova, how are your app animation when you open apps? I like nova but I hate that when I use stock or jellybean animation, it studders when I open apps, I have to use the ICS animation for it to be fluid.. Tried holo and it was the same thing

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

The Fallen

Feb 25, 2013
The people using nova, how are your app animation when you open apps? I like nova but I hate that when I use stock or jellybean animation, it studders when I open apps, I have to use the ICS animation for it to be fluid.. Tried holo and it was the same thing

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

no issuess on my end. whats you clock speed at?

prototype.77

Sep 18, 2011
Galveston
I have been using APEX Pro since it came out and I Love it. I see that NOVA is winning the race and I'm wondering if it's a better launcher than the rest or is it because it comes as stock on alot of aosp roms.

ticojpunk

Aug 29, 2011
New City, NY
you can change transition speeds in developer settings to make touchwiz faster. personally i don't see a difference in speed between the two. feature wise, nova is better of course.

I already had done those tweaks. I had them set at 0.5. Nova was much smoother by comparison.

Sent from my SGH-T999 via Tapatalk 2 running Wicked w/ Xone DX

Naaser

May 18, 2012
Motorola Moto G100 / Edge S
Touchwiz for me.. Using gestures on zooper clock widget on tap right lockscreen tap left taskmanger.
screenshot2013022520461.png

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Chefedogg

May 22, 2012
Daytona Beach
i know, i know, this has probably been asked a million times, but i'm directing this to S3 users here in our little corner of the world, please don't hate :)

i've been using the holo launcher hd pro now for some time and i truly love the way it works. its smooth, elegant, doesnt get in the way, and best off all, gives me an AOSP look and feel when running a non-AOSP rom. i also use the holo locker as well. i use this launcher on both my S3 and my Xoom tablet

it seems to me that the holo launcher doesnt get enough respect. i see many a custom rom that includes nova or apex, but not holo (or even adw or go launchers for that matter).

when i search for "launcher" on the play store the first five results are in order GO, ADW, Nova, Apex, and Launcher 7, with Nova Prime and Apex Pro 6th and 7th.

Holo is on the first page of results, but is second from the bottom. hardly respectable if you ask me. there are themes that show up higher in that search

anyway, so lets keep it civil and not bash on each others choice of launcher. i just want to get a feel for how popular these launchers are on the S3 or do you prefer the stock TouchWiz interface?

let your voice be heard and vote above!

Can't wait to see the Infamous launcher!

clninja

Jun 25, 2011
Denver
I like how you can change the desktop grid size to 4x5 in nova... Gives more screen real estate... With 4x4 grid the icons are too big and a waste of space. With 5x5 the widgets Dont center properly. 4x5 is perfect imho

I also like how you can remove the divider bar between the dock and the rest of the screen

There may be other launchers that use these features... But I'm just saying what features I like in nova

I Dont like go launcher or any go app for that matter.. Too bloated and obtrusive

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts