[APP] datFM - Dual panel File Manager for Android

Search This thread

Csacsifiu

Feb 17, 2012
Budapest
- When i want edit a file in system and then i want to save it, it says: "error occurred when trying to save the file. It will not be saved."

Last edited:

Zorge.R

Feb 24, 2009
Changes in latest testing build:

- added dark ui theme
- added single address bar mode
- samba video, audio streaming
- home page
- samba "add server" dialog
- new operation dialog
- when single file renamed, its name pre entered in rename window
- some fix for mimeType
- some ui improvement
- fix thumbnail update
- fix some bug and crash
- fix samba IO
- other changes
---

about samba "add server", my implementation is as follows:
You can enter the name of a bookmark, the server address or hostname, start directory, username, password, domain, and the encryption key.

If encryption key is empty, all data will be stored in "Internal Storage" of datFM, in plain text.
If you entered encryption key (for example "x", or "SAdfsFDSaS"), password for this bookmark will be encrypted and then stored to "Internal Storage" of datFM.

If you try open a bookmark whose password is encrypted, you will be asked to enter encryption key.
The key can be cached in ram before the first closing of the application, if you choose "caching secret key" in settings.

This approach allows you to use one master key to all bookmark or different keys for different bookmark, or use it only for one bookmark, or not use it at all.

The key is not stored anywhere in application

Who has any ideas and suggestions on this approach?

Last edited:
Reactions: nimrodity and jogai

Paparasee

Apr 19, 2009
Dubai, UAE
Thanks Zorge :)
Has the latest version been uploaded to play store? Does it include the single panel option?

Also, is it possible to include an option in one of the future updates to backup an apk file to location of users choice when installed from the market? That is ... when I install from the market, immediately the apk file that is downloaded gets copied to a folder of my choice. If it is installed from the device itself (and not the store), do not backup.

Thanks again!

Paparasee

Apr 19, 2009
Dubai, UAE
Zorge,
There are applications that I install and use regularly or occasionally. Those that are used regularly are retained. Apps that are used occasionally are installed, used and then uninstalled. Now, when I need the app at a later time, I just install it through my file manager using the apk that was backed up earlier. Applications such as those that allow me to check flight or timings (arrival & departure) are used rarely and hence not kept installed.

Another advantage with automatic backup of an apk file is that if I am not happy with an update or have force closes with an update, I can easily go back to the previous version.

Maybe if you can give us an option to manually backup an application also will be good.

Last edited:

Csacsifiu

Feb 17, 2012
Budapest
Zorge,
There are applications that I install and use regularly or occasionally. Those that are used regularly are retained. Apps that are used occasionally are installed, used and then uninstalled. Now, when I need the app at a later time, I just install it through my file manager using the apk that was backed up earlier. Applications such as those that allow me to check flight or timings (arrival & departure) are used rarely and hence not kept installed.

Another advantage with automatic backup of an apk file is that if I am not happy with an update or have force closes with an update, I can easily go back to the previous version.

Maybe if you can give us an option to manually backup an application also will be good.

Use App Backup & Restore. Or copy to sd card from system/data with a file explorer.

Last edited:

Zorge.R

Feb 24, 2009
0.1.7b uploaded in play.store

changes:
- dark ui theme by default
- samba video, audio streaming and file caching
- homepage
- favorites
- samba page
- hold "UP" to open homepage
- new operation dialog
- NL localization
- some ui improvement
- o2 icons, sd card icon from artofapogee.blogspot
- ability to change height of bottom and top panel, and text size in panel
- many fixes
- other changes
----

I would be grateful for a set of icons for application. I would like to have unique icons, as such as old is perfect for a light design, but not for the dark, a new approach for dark and not to light, if someone can make a unique set of icons, I'll be very grateful.

Waiting for feedback and suggestions about release.

screenshots from 0.1.7b:

56089069.png

51219702.png

Last edited:
Reactions: jogai

jogai

Nov 27, 2011
ZTE Axon 7
Moto Z
Thanx for the new release.

I like the dark theme much better! The screen to edit properties is still white...

Minor things:
- Different addresses for the same SDcard.
- Address cut of at the top (see the 0 in the screenshot). Probably my setting of 220dpi on the galaxy note.

Zorge.R

Feb 24, 2009
jogai, reduce the font size for the panels, the last item in settings \ appearance
and turn off text for the control panel, there is a third item from the top in settings \ appearance.
The application will become more beautiful

Also you can change height of both panels.

I forgot about the properties, will fixed in the next build

Last edited:

Zorge.R

Feb 24, 2009
0.1.7.5b uploaded in google.play

changelog:
- tons of fixes
----

Patches so much that I'm too lazy to list them all. This build is the first stable build. But still status pre-beta, until I don't add some important features. Pop-up alert with a warning about the test build will be completely disabled in build 0.2

Reactions: nikwist and jogai

Zorge.R

Feb 24, 2009
single panel mode is done, after testing on different devices, will uploaded in the play.google

jogai, it's in todo. but I can't give estimates of the timing, I do everything only when there is free time.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    datFM
    2rqis6c.jpg

datFM - is two-pane file manager for tablets.

! This is a pre-beta, do not use your important data !
    Stay tuned!

Features:
    - Clear looking
    - Insanely fast
    - Two active panel
    - Action panel on bottom (Share, New Folder, Pack to Archive, Copy, Move, Rename, Select All, Deselect All, Delete)
    - Multi-selection (just hold on file for first selection, and tap to allocate more and more)
    - Batch file transfer, including directories (send file, folder, multiselection items with bluetooth, gmail, and more)
    - Batch Rename, including directories (select one or more item and rename tham all!)
    - Kamikaze Mode! For the brave! (disabled by default. If turn it on, application will not ask you anything (yes\no\sure dialog), it will just do what you want, insanely fast)
    - Root mode (disabled by default, turn it on for root operation, like change file permission, or delete\send application from \data)
    - Customizable UI, hiding various elements, for minimalism fans and useful for devices with small screens.
    - Save paths on exit (can be disabled in settings)
    - Focus on the folder from which you just came out (can be disabled in settings)
    - Ability to instantly open to the newly created directory (can be disabled)
    - Fast directory creating, just click OK, and it make "New Folder".
    - Support for compression and decompression through ZArchiver 0.6.0 or higher (7zip, zip, tar, etc)
    - Copy any information to clipboard from file properties, just click on it.
    - "Open with"
    - Context menu on file icon click
    - Samba
    - Change file and folder permission
    - Show / Hide hidden local and remote file, folder.
    - High customization
    - Counting and quick check md5 in file properties
    - Thumbnails for video, photos, apk (Photo thumbnail for samba)
    - EN, RU, PL, UK(Ukraine), SK, DE, FR localization.
    - Much more.

Changelog:

Code:
    0.1.7.5b:
    - tons of fixes
    0.1.7b:
    - dark ui theme by default
    - samba video, audio streaming and file caching
    - homepage
    - favorites
    - samba page
    - hold "UP" to open homepage
    - new operation dialog
    - NL localization
    - some ui improvement
    - o2 icons, sd card icon from artofapogee.blogspot
    - ability to change height of bottom and top panel, and text size in panel
    - many fixes
    - other changes
    0.1.6b:
    - new pre-beta icon
    - "Open" / "Open With" for Samba
    - Clear file cache when exit (file opened from network). (You can turn off cache cleaning, in preference / network)
    - ability to show/hide hidden file/folder, local and samba. (hidden by defalt. to show it, turn it on in dangerous section of preference)
    - photo thumbnail for samba
    - normal font style by default
    - new about dialog
    - some fixes for old API
    - fix various crash on some device
    - unpack dialog available in context menu for archive (click on file icon)
    - if ZArchive 0.6.0 or later installed, click on archive file will open it in ZA, without unpack
    - localization upd

0.1.5b:
    - added checkbox "Anonymous" to Samba logon dialog
    - some change in samba logon algoritm
    added in preference:
    - small panel, for small screen (turned off by default)
    - change font size, typefaces, style
    - change icon size and height of row item
    - bold folder name (turned off by default)
    - preference theme fixed for old API
    - little fix in general UI for old API
    - fix icon position in bottom panel when text disabled
    - fix localization
    - some fixes
    0.1.4b:
    - first Samba implement
    - Change file and folder permission
    - Fix thumbnail aspect ratio
    - Fix thumbnail cache for more smooth scroll
    - added FR, DE, PL localization
    0.1.3b:
    - Added progress bar during the process of copying, moving, deleting, renaming
    - Added icons caching
    - Fixed an issue when files name contains a space
    - Fixed error when performing operations on files with Cyrillic characters on the way.
    - Added thumbnail generation for jpg, gif, png, mkv, mp4, 3gp
    - Added support for compressed 7z, zip, tar and decompression heap formats, working through the handler of ZArchiver 0.6.0 and later
    - Added context menu that appears when you click on the icon
    - "Open with"
    - Added file and directory properties
    - A recursive calculation of the size of the selected files and directories in the properties
    - Calculation and check md5
    - View permissions on the file
    - Small refactoring.
    - Another pack fixes.

0.1.2b:
    -root access (transparent rw/ro)
    -added a progress bar during the processes of copying, moving, deleting, renaming
    -added caching of icons for apk and other thumbnail, for smooth scrolling
    -fixed a bug when dealing with files whose name contains a space
    -fixed a bug when you try to manipulate files with Cyrillic characters on the way.
    -added in preferences: icons cache limit (50-100-150-200-250 icons)
    -added thumbnail generation for jpg, gif, png, mkv, mp4, 3gp
    -some fixes and tech changes

0.0.1a:
    - initial release

Screenshots:

Phone, one panel:
    d503b5b847d48c425bbcb4bc66b84687.png
    66b1675c0d50.png

df3a766349da346cfc0a15a267a5dd87.png
    133491ad49338871443d9cd9f28d3e39.png

14cea145820a63a2306c8dc1354c88c4.png
    923abb60687a3cc00c850187d81f6d90.png

Phone, two panel:
    Screenshot_2013-02-27-10-13-23.png

Tablet:
    56089069.png

Permission:
    INTERNET - for network service, like Samba, ftp, etc.
    READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - read data from storage
    WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - write data to storage

More information and discussion:
    en:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2112405
    ru:
    http://forum.motofan.ru/index.php?showtopic=1733873
    ----
    Get it on Play.google.com -> datFM
    New screenshots
    Now the main window looks like this:
    datfm0024.png

Displayed at the top of the address bar for each panel, the "Up" and "Go" button, you can change the address in the manual and go to the directory.

When clicking on the address bar, whole text will be selected for your convenience to copy the path if necessary.

Current panel is different illumination address bar, the other panel bar is not highlighted.
    Current panel changing instantly with any action of the user on the panel, such as touch, scrolling or clicking.

If you begin to select objects in each panel will appear at the bottom is such a panel with buttons
    datfm0021.png

It will operate on the currently selected file.

If at this point you switch to another panel
    datfm0022.png

Selection in previous panel remains, but some buttons are no longer available, because in the current no selection. If you choose just one item or switch back to the other panel, all the buttons will be activated.

When changing the folder in one pane, the selection in the other remains in its place:
    datfm0023.png

Pop-up menu.
    datfm0025.png

This is what is at the moment. Any ideas and suggestions?
    Changes in latest testing build:

- added dark ui theme
    - samba video, audio streaming
    - home page
    - samba "add server" dialog
    - new operation dialog
    - some fix for mimeType
    - some ui improvement
    - fix thumbnail update
    - fix some bug and crash
    - fix samba IO
    - other changes
    ---

about samba "add server", my implementation is as follows:
    You can enter the name of a bookmark, the server address or hostname, start directory, username, password, domain, and the encryption key.

If encryption key is empty, all data will be stored in "Internal Storage" of datFM, in plain text.
    If you entered encryption key (for example "x", or "SAdfsFDSaS"), password for this bookmark will be encrypted and then stored to "Internal Storage" of datFM.

If you try open a bookmark whose password is encrypted, you will be asked to enter encryption key.
    The key can be cached in ram before the first closing of the application, if you choose "caching secret key" in settings.

This approach allows you to use one master key to all bookmark or different keys for different bookmark, or use it only for one bookmark, or not use it at all.

The key is not stored anywhere in application

Who has any ideas and suggestions on this approach?
    One-panel view will be included in the settings for each of the orientations. By default it will be turned off.

ok, added this fix in todo, for next release.
    0.1.6b uploaded in play store, changelog:
    - new pre-beta icon
    - "Open" / "Open With" for Samba
    - Clear file cache when exit (file opened from network). (You can turn off cache cleaning, in preference / network)
    - ability to show/hide hidden file/folder, local and samba. (hidden by defalt. to show it, turn it on in dangerous section of preference)
    - photo thumbnail for samba
    - normal font style by default
    - new about dialog
    - some fixes for old API
    - fix various crash on some device
    - unpack dialog available in context menu for archive (click on file icon)
    - if ZArchive 0.6.0 or later installed, click on archive file will open it in ZA, without unpack
    - localization upd

How do I download the latest release? And how can I edit the properties of a file? (I've given root acces to the app)
    Click on file icon, and select file properties, change the permission, click apply.