[APP] Easy Contact Sync

Search This thread

Goddchen

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 4, 2010
Konstanz
Hey everyone,

then next app BETA is finished :) "Easy Contact Sync".

Based on my last app "Easy App Toolbox", I created this new app for handling your contacts.

Contacts are saved as VCARDs (*.vcf files). This way they can easily be used in any other application that can handle VCARDs.

Feature List:
* Backup/Restore to/from Dropbox
* Backup/Restore to/from Google Drive
* Backup/Restore to/from Box.net
* Backup/Restore to/from SD card
* Auto Sync (automatically backup all contacts every night at 0:00)
* Directly send/share one or multiple contacts

I'm really looking forward to your feedback! :)

The app is available at the Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.goddchen.android.easycontactsync

as well as via QR code :)

chart

The app uses a freemium model again: free selection limit: 3 contacts at a time, auto-sync is also available via in-app purchase. As you are used to, you can freely choose how much you want to pay! :)

Goddchen

Attachments

• device-2013-02-24-020950.jpg
    device-2013-02-24-020950.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 613
  • device-2013-02-24-021015.jpg
    device-2013-02-24-021015.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 609
  • device-2013-02-24-021030.jpg
    device-2013-02-24-021030.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 564
Last edited:

ady_uaic

Dec 12, 2006
Birmingham
great app, but what's the difference between export/import directly from agenda and using this app? (without discussing about the other features that are on this app).

Noodles_44

Jun 24, 2010
Denver
Does this app maintain the quality of the contact photos?

I've added photos from my SD card for higher resolution as it looks better during incoming/outgoing calls. Would love to be able to restore contacts without having to manually update the pictures!

Reactions: o-l-a-v

Lasantha

Jun 27, 2011
can this back up my facebook contacts?coz only in htc sence it syncs fb phone numbers and i want to try cm in my phone but will lose my fb contacts numbers

nvyaniv

Dec 14, 2011
I wanted to know what the major difference is between this app and the google contacts? dont they both automatically sync my contact info.. ???

I'm not sure if this is already supported but if it dosent i want to make a suggestion for a feature ...

I've synced my contacts from google account(phone numbers) and facebook and linkedin and twitter... And manually put them together so each one matches the appropriate contact.. but every time i flash a rom i loose this data.. can you make sure that the links that are mainted are reestablished when i install a new rom and reinstallt the apps and sync my contacts so they atutomatically stich themselves back together.. ????

Reactions: Lasantha

Lasantha

Jun 27, 2011
I wanted to know what the major difference is between this app and the google contacts? dont they both automatically sync my contact info.. ???

I'm not sure if this is already supported but if it dosent i want to make a suggestion for a feature ...

I've synced my contacts from google account(phone numbers) and facebook and linkedin and twitter... And manually put them together so each one matches the appropriate contact.. but every time i flash a rom i loose this data.. can you make sure that the links that are mainted are reestablished when i install a new rom and reinstallt the apps and sync my contacts so they atutomatically stich themselves back together.. ????

+1

Goddchen

Mar 4, 2010
Konstanz

I've added photos from my SD card for higher resolution as it looks better during incoming/outgoing calls. Would love to be able to restore contacts without having to manually update the pictures!

In the current beta version, photos are not restored. But it is on the TODO list.

can this back up my facebook contacts?coz only in htc sence it syncs fb phone numbers and i want to try cm in my phone but will lose my fb contacts numbers

Hm, haven't checked this out yet. Give it a try and sync one of your facebook contacts. Then check out the generated vcf file.

Does your google contacts get synced to dropbox, box, or drive? or sync your contacts with google when you don't have a data connection? :)

I will check out the merging logic and if it can be backed up. Thanks for the suggestion :)

Reactions: nvyaniv

Goddchen

Mar 4, 2010
Konstanz
v1.0-beta1-2 Changelog:
  • Unified the existing 2 in-app purchases to 1 premium-purchase that now unlocks all premium features. Users who have already purchased one of the existing IAPs automatically now have everything unlocked. If you had purchased both IAPs, contact me to get a refund for one of them!
  • Now compatible with Google TV (some clould service SDKs doesn't support Google TV!!!)

Jan 13, 2013
AW: [APP] Easy Contact Sync

Heya... very nice app :)

I read about it today morning and want to test it immediatelly. After 2 mins of testing I bought the premium version right off. Exactly what I'm looking for.

The app and backup itself with DropBox works great on my Galaxy Note II.

Some whishes for the Future if possible:

- SD-Card-Backup takes only the internal card. It will be great if I can select the external SD-Card too

- It will be nice if I have an overview about activated tasks (what - when - where)

- It will be a nice feature if I can change the time and intervall of backup

Thank you for this amazing app.

Greetings from Regensburg :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

Goddchen

Mar 4, 2010
Konstanz
Heya... very nice app :)

I read about it today morning and want to test it immediatelly. After 2 mins of testing I bought the premium version right off. Exactly what I'm looking for.

The app and backup itself with DropBox works great on my Galaxy Note II.

Some whishes for the Future if possible:

- SD-Card-Backup takes only the internal card. It will be great if I can select the external SD-Card too

- It will be nice if I have an overview about activated tasks (what - when - where)

- It will be a nice feature if I can change the time and intervall of backup

Thank you for this amazing app.

Greetings from Regensburg :)

It currently takes the default "external storage" returned by the Android SDK. But it's a good idea to add a setting for customizing the output folder :) Added to the TODO list :)

Well currently auto-backup is always scheduled to run at midnight. In the current situation, it is enough to display an on/off state of the feature. But adding customized scheduling is a nice idea, definitely on the TODO list and with that, of course, any overview about the scheduled backups :)

Greeting back from Konstanz am Bodensee :)

Jan 13, 2013

Hey cool :) thanks a lot :)

Rating of 5 stars with full comment are sent to Google at the moment :)

By the way: I hate bad ratings without any comment about this rating. It's simply poor for all developers and potential users.

Greetings from sunny Regensburg.
Cheers, Duracell

Goddchen

Mar 4, 2010
Konstanz
Hey cool :) thanks a lot :)

Rating of 5 stars with full comment are sent to Google at the moment :)

By the way: I hate bad ratings without any comment about this rating. It's simply poor for all developers and potential users.

Greetings from sunny Regensburg.
Cheers, Duracell

Awesome,

yes there were some guys that rated 1 star without giving any explanation in the comment. I have already contacted those guys via G+ but normally those guys won't respond. And therefore I cannot do anything about the causes of their 1-star ratings...

Goddchen

Mar 4, 2010
Konstanz
I have also experienced in the past that developers of competing apps and their friends are giving 1-star ratings to all competitors... that's very sad :(

Jan 13, 2013

This actions are very sad...

But also I think - at the end - quality, functinality, and especially the direct right contact between developer and enduser and finally the great idea of Android wins ... I hope so and I trust that :)

mcmb03

Feb 24, 2011
1. No select all even after getting premium? REALLY? I have 300+ contacts and am not going to select them all one by one.
2. All cloud options fail. Nothing ever comes up about logging into them for the backup = constant FAILED TO UPLOAD errors.
3. After upgrading to premium why should i still see the button advertising for other apps? Completely out of the question.
4. Get rid of the dumb "how do you like this app" at the bottom. Unnecessary.
5. Add custom backup/restore path selection for backup to sd card and even cloud backups.
6. A settings option is a great invention that allows someone to configure all sorts of things and is an integral part of 99.9% of apps out there, yet this app lacks one.

I rated very poorly in the store along with a review until some of these features (most are no brainers imo) are added/fixed.

Jan 13, 2013

Year... thats is typically for XDA for a lot of month ago....

every new app with potential will be rated poor or very poor at first...

In my opinion this is primary a discrimination on all the new apps and developers... Could this be the sence of rating? I don't think so... and this could not be the right way...

I have installed many apps which are rated poor or very poor. In any case at the moment I'm shure that these apps are one of the best.

In these days you can only read - especially the descriptions of developers - read and read... and than at least it is your decision if you install an app or not. In most cases developers describe exactly what an app can do and what not.

And than developers get an poor rating because not supporting an feature that never been discussed.

Thats crazy... thats real crazy... I'm very sad about this... I'm sorry... we all have got a great tool named Android in this case... and I'm shure too... these actions are not similar with the spirit of Android !!!

Last edited:

Goddchen

Mar 4, 2010
Konstanz
1. No select all even after getting premium? REALLY? I have 300+ contacts and am not going to select them all one by one.
That's definitely a bug, have you updated to the latest app version? Please contact me directly to solve this.
2. All cloud options fail. Nothing ever comes up about logging into them for the backup = constant FAILED TO UPLOAD errors.
strange, please contact me to solve this, a logcat will definitely be of great help here
3. After upgrading to premium why should i still see the button advertising for other apps? Completely out of the question.
it's not really advertising, it is only a list of my other apps.
4. Get rid of the dumb "how do you like this app" at the bottom. Unnecessary.
That's your opinion.
5. Add custom backup/restore path selection for backup to sd card and even cloud backups.
see the previous posts in this thread
6. A settings option is a great invention that allows someone to configure all sorts of things and is an integral part of 99.9% of apps out there, yet this app lacks one.
well, why adding a settings screen without any settings in it... once settings are implemented, the settings screen will be there...

I rated very poorly in the store along with a review until some of these features (most are no brainers imo) are added/fixed.
well, thanks for your feedback, no thanks for your rating... most of the items are just personal opinion... others will be added to the TODO list.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey everyone,

then next app BETA is finished :) "Easy Contact Sync".

Based on my last app "Easy App Toolbox", I created this new app for handling your contacts.

Contacts are saved as VCARDs (*.vcf files). This way they can easily be used in any other application that can handle VCARDs.

Feature List:
    * Backup/Restore to/from Dropbox
    * Backup/Restore to/from Google Drive
    * Backup/Restore to/from Box.net
    * Backup/Restore to/from SD card
    * Auto Sync (automatically backup all contacts every night at 0:00)
    * Directly send/share one or multiple contacts

I'm really looking forward to your feedback! :)

The app is available at the Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.goddchen.android.easycontactsync

as well as via QR code :)

chart

The app uses a freemium model again: free selection limit: 3 contacts at a time, auto-sync is also available via in-app purchase. As you are used to, you can freely choose how much you want to pay! :)

Goddchen

In the current beta version, photos are not restored. But it is on the TODO list.

Hm, haven't checked this out yet. Give it a try and sync one of your facebook contacts. Then check out the generated vcf file.

Does your google contacts get synced to dropbox, box, or drive? or sync your contacts with google when you don't have a data connection? :)

I will check out the merging logic and if it can be backed up. Thanks for the suggestion :)