Hybrid Case from TVC-MALL

Search This thread

Menchelke

Dec 3, 2010
Hey guys, I have an Incipio Dual Pro, which I like, but it has a few negatives, mainly the silicone around the charging port flexes to much, and the back, while nice initially, scratched, and while I don't mind it, it doesn't look so good, since it had a brushed aluminum finish that now has shinier parts on it, etc.

Anyways, found this case on TVC MALL and it is basically an Incipio Dual Pro clone, with a few changes.
1. The inner silicone sleeve is permanently attached to the hard shell via an adhesive.
2. It isn't quite as ridgid as the Incipio.
3. The silicone feels of a bit lower quality.
4. It comes in more colors, and matte finish, and in my opinion looks better.

They are both equally as slippery. So it won't improve your grip. Also, the case is inexpensive, but shipping costs are on the high side, since it ships direct from China. Looking at around $10 or less total though for a single case. IF you add more items shipping cost per item will decrease, even though shipping itself goes up.

My brother and I ordered aroudn 25 cases, mostly iphone cases for my mom to decorate and sell on etsy, and it only cost around $36 I think total for the order.

Anyways, Pics are on the site, but thought I would link them here if the links work. I don't have any of it on my phone since my phone is my camera.
Hybrid Case Click me to go to TVC Mall and buy!

MHC-N7100-24C-1.jpg

MHC-N7100-24C-2.jpg

MHC-N7100-24C-3.jpg

MHC-N7100-24C-4.jpg

vectron

Apr 23, 2011
I just placed an order from TVC-Mall yesterday as well, ordered Defender and Survivor knock off cases :) Assuming you are in US, how long did it take for your cases to get to you? Yeah, the shipping turned out to be pretty high considering I got spoiled by $2 ebay accessories shipped free from China lol!!! So I ordered 4 cases (two for GN2 and two for my kids ipod touches - all brand name knock offs) and one pair of headphones (monster beat earbud knock offs) - shipping was $19 through China post with 15-20 day delivery. That's kind of high, but there is NO other place where I can order these cases, and honestly I ordered it mostly out of high curiosity to see how close they come to original ;) Of course I will be realistic the quality will not be on the same level.

Menchelke

Dec 3, 2010
I just placed an order from TVC-Mall yesterday as well, ordered Defender and Survivor knock off cases :) Assuming you are in US, how long did it take for your cases to get to you? Yeah, the shipping turned out to be pretty high considering I got spoiled by $2 ebay accessories shipped free from China lol!!! So I ordered 4 cases (two for GN2 and two for my kids ipod touches - all brand name knock offs) and one pair of headphones (monster beat earbud knock offs) - shipping was $19 through China post with 15-20 day delivery. That's kind of high, but there is NO other place where I can order these cases, and honestly I ordered it mostly out of high curiosity to see how close they come to original ;) Of course I will be realistic the quality will not be on the same level.

Shipping was around 3 weeks, to a month total.

kminatta

Apr 28, 2008
Phoenix
anyone find a knockoff of the Otterbox Defender? i have the extended battery, and i'd like to mod the case to fit it but i don't want to spend $40 for the original.

vectron

Apr 23, 2011
anyone find a knockoff of the Otterbox Defender? i have the extended battery, and i'd like to mod the case to fit it but i don't want to spend $40 for the original.

Go to www.case-parts.com (the same TVC Mall under a different name), and type in "otterbox" ;) They have 1:1 Defender knock off (under Denfender name) in all 3 colors, just scroll down. They also have Commuter cases in various colors, but not for Note 2.

vectron

Apr 23, 2011
Thanks for the link. Bookmarked..
But how's the quality of the products?

We have another thread going on about these knock off cases; 2 of the guys already got it and commented about Survivor case only:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=38606217&postcount=63
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=38495691&postcount=48

I'm supposed to be getting both Survivor and Defender knock offs either today or on Monday. Since I have original Survivor for iPod touch, and had Defender (prior to returning it back), I will do a more detailed review/comparison with my comments soon. Stay tuned!

But in general, don't expect a great quality of material for something that costs small fraction of the price. I'm not saying that Otterbox and Griffin cases actually cost a lot more for them to manufacture since it made in China anyway. It's just that hose companies have a huge overhead and charge a huge premium whenever new case is released. I just saw original Otterbox Defender on Amazon for $35, down from their MSRP of $60 (still, how much they charge for it at Verizon store).

The reason why I'm personally excited to receive and to review these two cases because original Otterbox Defender had issues with its screen protector and I'm curious if knock off actually fixed it i:) Furthermore, Griffin never even released Survivor for Note 2.