Best buy price match for note 2

Search This thread

yankees45us

May 5, 2008
My local BB would not price match this so ordered it off bbmsolutions. Funny thing is it will be sent to the store that would not price match and they will be doing the activation. Strange how they do things.

Follow up: Posted on BB facebook page how this was odd, they pointed me to the a page that specifically says they do not price match bbsolutions. Doesn't make the situation any less strange. Brick and mortar store loses sale and makes it a bigger hassle for customer

What I would do is make them do the sale. Come back for a price matching within first 15 days, if they don't match it then say you want to return it. Most times they'll either price match on the spot or get a manager to override it. They don't want to lose a sale and they don't want the hassle of a return.

Sent from my Amazing Galaxy Note 2!

coolwater22

Jan 9, 2009
My local BB would not price match this so ordered it off bbmsolutions. Funny thing is it will be sent to the store that would not price match and they will be doing the activation. Strange how they do things.

Follow up: Posted on BB facebook page how this was odd, they pointed me to the a page that specifically says they do not price match bbsolutions. Doesn't make the situation any less strange. Brick and mortar store loses sale and makes it a bigger hassle for customer

its funny cause i told the manager on duty the same exact thing. i told him how is it possible that you guys price match other stores but not BB mobile solutions and he told me that its not owned by BB, but on the website it clearly says "owned by BB." then i called BB customer service and they told me that the only way they can price match was if there was a "physical store" not a website that actually has the phone in stock in their store,same color, and same company then they can price match.

its odd because a week earlier i went to the same BB and i brought a amazon wireless paper saying it was 199.99 and they priced match that but now they cant do it?? wtf is that lol but o well.

before i purchased my phone,two weeks ago, i got credit towards account for being a "long time loyal member" and also for bad data and dropped calls..i guess i cant complain :)..

DimeDrl

Apr 19, 2012
That $99 price was for a brand new sprint customer, not for upgrades or adding new phone to a line. But if the BB person was just checking the Amazon page it was the first price to come up whenever I looked so would be easy for them to misread it. Good job getting that price. BB folks actually have broad discretion in price matching so its usually what they WILL do not what they CAN do.

Actually, Amazon was offering that rice for new and upgrade customers. Only reason i didn't get it at the $99 price on amazon was because my bank put a hold on the deposit of my last paycheck. It delayed my purchase until the amazon price spiked to $139.99.

yankees45us

May 5, 2008
Just read today that best buy is permanently changing their policy to always match online prices

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk HD

That's great news. My local best buy has been matching online retailers since last year and even said that if best buy didn't continue price matching online retailers they would continue doing it.

RayTrue04

Oct 27, 2010
Hartford, CT
Actually, Amazon was offering that rice for new and upgrade customers. Only reason i didn't get it at the $99 price on amazon was because my bank put a hold on the deposit of my last paycheck. It delayed my purchase until the amazon price spiked to $139.99.

I've been following the Note 2 on Amazon since I got mine and it has never been 99 for upgraded customers. Just new customers. Trust me I'm trying to get another one at that price. The lowest upgrade pricing has been 199.99 while the lowest for new family line is 169.99. People have been getting lucky and getting upgrades for the new line price since some best buy employees aren't too smart.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

yankees45us

May 5, 2008
I've been following the Note 2 on Amazon since I got mine and it has never been 99 for upgraded customers. Just new customers. Trust me I'm trying to get another one at that price. The lowest upgrade pricing has been 199.99 while the lowest for new family line is 169.99. People have been getting lucky and getting upgrades for the new line price since some best buy employees aren't too smart.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

Very true. It has only gone down to $99 for new lines. Luckily my local bb price matched that price for me for my renewal.

elijahbrown

Aug 25, 2012
Just got mine yesterday from best buy. It was $167 to add it to a family plan. I told them they were more than welcome to use the $99 single line activation price, but they declined. :rolleyes:

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

midmofan

Feb 25, 2011
Well now if I am not the happy camper! Purchased my new titanium grey note 2 from BB mobile solutions for $140 after the BB brick and mortar stores would not price match that amount.

Picked it up at a BB mobile store and when they activated it, low and behold, their computer spit out a $50 gift card! Although I had signed up for the gift card promotion, I had been told it would not work with a purchase from the ebay/bbmobilesolutions web store. Nice surprise!

midmofan

Feb 25, 2011
You know I would not mind BB's policy, whatever it is, if they were just consistent. But it varies from store to store and even employee to employee.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

ateamgraphix

Mar 1, 2013
Roselle
Best Buy Priced Match

As long as you have your receipt and can tell them who has it cheaper they will also look it up for you, verify it and give you the difference

Top Liked Posts