Mercury Slim Fit TPU / Best Nexus 4 Case

Search This thread

yomuppet

Jan 4, 2012
Shame to hear that it is a slippery gloss, and not a grippy gloss. The generic gloss tpu case I had on the gnex was my favorite case ever - stuck to my hand, but not my pocket

kolyan

Jan 8, 2008
Did I receive the same case? The Mercury tpu case I got for my Nexus4 looks nice, does add a little bit more bulk than the Diztronic, but one giant problem. It is slippery as hell. The gloss on it is not a sticky gloss, but more of a smooth slippy gloss. It won't stick to any surfaces, and IMO actually makes the phone a little more slippery to hold than when it's bare, since the entire case is made of this stuff. The only time it will be grippy is if your hands are slightly moist or hot enough to leave a steamy fingerprint lol. Not only that, the cutouts make the buttons very hard to press (due to the thickness of the case and shallow-ness of the buttons). The power button is actually kind of ok if you use your fingertip, but it's very hard to press the volume button.

+1 might need to buy another case

zhuozhi211

Sep 19, 2008
Dude, does your white case turn brown easily?
I got a ebay white tpu case, and it turn brown less than a month.

xnordroid

Jan 24, 2013
I received this case the other day. It is Slippery on the back, about as slippery as the glass on the front screen. I agree, it is a smooth kind of slippery. I don't know if I can return it to the amazon seller. Overall, nice look though and nice variety of colors.

styckx

Sep 15, 2010
I just got mine..

Ordered this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AOW8ILC/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And my back is different from OPs and what's shown on the product page.. All the mercury branding isn't on it..

I like it a lot, and it's not as slick as I thought it would be which is fine with me. Quick shipping and looks great

aW2w9vl.jpg

h0bnail

Mar 15, 2012
I have one of these on the way. I hope, like yours, it is missing all the branding.

Lamien

Mar 12, 2012
Could someone point me to a seller of these on ebay? Somehow I can't find one that seems to be legit.

Thanks in advance....

RayLancer

Sep 24, 2011
Sacramento
I just got mine..

Ordered this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AOW8ILC/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And my back is different from OPs and what's shown on the product page.. All the mercury branding isn't on it..

I like it a lot, and it's not as slick as I thought it would be which is fine with me. Quick shipping and looks great

That's interesting... mine has the branding on the back. I got the Lime looking color. It's a pretty nice case. Here's my quick review:

The case is a bit slick, but it's not as slippery as I thought. It feels good in the hand and is easy to slide in and out of the pocket. There are a lot of color options if you like colors. It seems like its TPU, but it is a lot more stiffer and doesn't have the same issues as most TPU cases where the sides are loose. The lip around the case is nice, but if it covers a lot of the phone. It can be hard to swipe from the sides due to the lip but, it gives a lot of protection to the screen to where most screen protector's coverage ends. My only complaints with the case are some of the cutouts are slightly off (speaker on back, microphone on bottom), and there's a LOT of flash (excess TPU material) around the left side of the case from the molds. It feel's a bit rougher on that side and the flash is noticeable.

Attachments

• 20130228_154320.jpg
    20130228_154320.jpg
    247.3 KB · Views: 893

styckx

Sep 15, 2010
That's interesting... mine has the branding on the back. I got the Lime looking color. It's a pretty nice case. Here's my quick review:

The case is a bit slick, but it's not as slippery as I thought. It feels good in the hand and is easy to slide in and out of the pocket. There are a lot of color options if you like colors. It seems like its TPU, but it is a lot more stiffer and doesn't have the same issues as most TPU cases where the sides are loose. The lip around the case is nice, but if it covers a lot of the phone. It can be hard to swipe from the sides due to the lip but, it gives a lot of protection to the screen to where most screen protector's coverage ends. My only complaints with the case are some of the cutouts are slightly off (speaker on back, microphone on bottom), and there's a LOT of flash (excess TPU material) around the left side of the case from the molds. It feel's a bit rougher on that side and the flash is noticeable.

You just about nailed it. Pretty good summary of the product.. I'm definitely happy with the purchase though. It fits snug, and protects it..

h0bnail

Mar 15, 2012
Got mine today in black. Mine also has the flash issue on the left side and speaker cutout is a little high. No Mercury branding on mine. Buttons are a little difficult. IMHO the glitter issue is a little overblown... Not that noticeable... I actually kinda like it. This is my first case, and I'm sure I'll try others... but overall this is a nice option for the money.

Sent from my Nexus 4

vamoslakers

Dec 11, 2011
Peñaflor
I'm kinda short of money bec i just bought this phone (yeah, first world problems) so i decided to buy this case, looks great thought, i'll put my feelings when i get it

RayLancer

Sep 24, 2011
Sacramento
Reactions: Lamien

setzer715

Jan 29, 2009
North Phoenix
A couple more pictures for your thread, Red and Blue. The build quality seems decent on these but there finishing lines are not quite as good as Cruzerlite or Diztronic. Diztronic doesn't offer many colors though, and Cruzerlite doesn't offer plane cases. Love the feel and look though, not huge on the glitter effect (not so manly) but you cant tell the glitter is there under most circumstances. Overall a good buy. Enjoy the pics, sorry, not good at taking pictures.

DSC02074_zps9a7ca185.jpg

DSC02071_zpsdeae9713.jpg

DSC02068_zpsb8eecde7.jpg

DSC02066_zps89096212.jpg

Reactions: Khaiyan

Crisisx1

May 8, 2011
Orlando, FL
Are these cases glossy rubber or are they hard plastic?

Reason I'm asking is because they look similar to a case I had for my s3 by diztronic and it was a glossy rubber case and it was a super finger print magnet... Didn't really like it too much wish I had got the matte.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First let me say I think this is the best overall case for the nexus 4 hands down and I ordered pretty much every other case off amazon. We would all love to use the nexus naked or with a bumper but we also know how fragile this phone is you probably break it or fear breaking it the whole time.

I say this case is the best for these reasons design, cost, and protection. First design, the main thing that stands out about this case it has hard edges when on case feels slick and firm. The whole case has a sparkle effect pretty cool. I absolutely love the white but the black is very nice also my gf loves it. The only flaw in design is probably the power and volume buttons are cut out and case does have a little thickness so can be hard to push buttons sometimes. This case does add to size but keeps nexus 4 shape exactly.

Cost was 5.21 plus 2 dollar shipping so that for me already puts it as number 1 since all others cost more. To me if you had to pick one case this would be it.

Protection to me cannot get any better than this. I don't know how but the case in your hand feels soft and bends like every other case but when on feels solid. Hard to put into words but I trust this case.

Now the only other cases that came close where the distronic (which is a little slimmer and buttons are not cut out. Also back is matte). I blazon was good to very similar to distronic minus the matte back. The mercury is just a tad thicker than these but you really don't feel it.

The other cases like the rearth to me is just a cheap piece of plastic not worth 10 bucks. There is a distronic hard shell that was pretty nice its like the rearth but done right. This would be my second choice if you really want ultra slim. Does not protect whole phone but good enough.

Here are some pics I took today this case is awesome. Comes in a ton of colors.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Diztronic tpu owns that crap, u mad bro
    Kind of wished I bought a black one. The case is excellent.

Sent from my Trinity powered Nexus 4
    Sweet the mercury pearl case is my all time fave on each phone I've owned that they make one for. I'm in for one. Does it push up on the screen protector and make it bubble?
    Ive been using the mercury case for quite awhile and definitely luv it however im noticing that the lettering on the back is starting to come off which is bugging me so for now i switched to the diztonic. So just a heads up that after a while the branding on the back will start to come off but its still a great case

the lettering on mine is still fully intact despite the case itself now being the worst white i have seen with denim bleed