[HOW TO] Get Mozilla Firefox OS working on i777

Search This thread

nuuits

Dec 31, 2011
YOU WILL NEED:
The B2G nandroid
Siyah JB
The b2g_i777_keyfix.zip file attached below (created/modded by myself)

1. Hook up your i777 to your PC and put it into USB storage mode (if it doesn't do that automatically)
2. un-7zip the B2G nandroid and place the b2g-0602 folder in the /clockworkmod/backup/ folder on your external SD (create the backup folder if necessary)
3. Place the two zips at the root of your SD card for easiness later on
4. Boot to CWM and install the Siyah Kernel JB zip
5. Reboot recovery
6. Follow the steps in the thread with the B2G nandroid download, although they may not work for you.
6(a). If those steps do not work, attempt to clone your current ROM to the second ROM under dual booting options OR create a nandroid backup of your current ROM (so you can easily go back to it)
6(b). After that, restore nandroid b2g-0602 from backup (this will wipe the first ROM so be careful)
7. Reboot recovery
8. flash b2g_i777_keyfix.zip to make the volume rocker work as the home key (as the capacitive keys do not work as is)

Q&A
HOW WILL I CHANGE MY VOLUME LEVELS?
You can change your volume levels from settings

IS THIS NICE AND PERFECT?
Nope, not at all. If anything this is a step down from Android currently. The DPI is screwed up, navigation is odd because of inability to use capacitive keys, lack of Google sync, and this overall isn't a daily driver.

SO WHY WOULD I WANT TO USE THIS?
I don't know? Why don't you tell me?

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
Everything that is listed as not working in the i9100 thread, calls probably don't work, camera doesn't work, and probably many other things

WHAT DOES WORK?
SMS for sure works, WIFI works, data might work

SPECIAL THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HAS WORKED ON PORTING THIS OPERATING SYSTEM TO THE I9100!

Attachments

• b2g_i777_keyfix.zip
    146.8 KB · Views: 106

nuuits

Dec 31, 2011
Why not reserve a post for stuff and things.

Screenshots can be found here!

Please read this! I would not recommend flashing anything not meant for our device in heimdall or Odin. Please stick to the nandroid, where you can easily go back to recovery.

Last edited:

nuuits

Dec 31, 2011
You should add screen shots:D thanks for posting this, I'll try it.
Sadly I do not know how to take screenshots in Firefox OS! I can, however, link to a thread with screenshots of Firefox OS at a similar DPI and whatnot... thanks for the suggestion!

Yeah, it's pretty interesting to say the least. Not good enough to be a daily driver (or even close), but it still works okay (no random reboots, etc.)

yj121

Jul 10, 2012
where is the download for this os? like the os download itself? is it on the website?

Last edited:

nuuits

Dec 31, 2011
where is the download for this os? like the os download itself? is it on the website?

Well on the website there are build instructions for this, but really no downloads (unless you count what I believe is a desktop VM image).
Basically Mozilla uses Github and lets you pull things from their Github (via terminal) to build for your desired device.

RatusNatus

May 24, 2011
Rio de Janeiro
Well on the website there are build instructions for this, but really no downloads (unless you count what I believe is a desktop VM image).
Basically Mozilla uses Github and lets you pull things from their Github (via terminal) to build for your desired device.

That's sounds very alpha to me.
I'm really curious about it but I think I'll wait till It gets beta looks. :)

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app

wildchild048

Feb 16, 2010
tremont
How can i update this rom? I Have an updated system.tar and a updated user.tar that has mic and other things fixed but not sure how to get them to work.:(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    YOU WILL NEED:
    The B2G nandroid
    Siyah JB
    The b2g_i777_keyfix.zip file attached below (created/modded by myself)

1. Hook up your i777 to your PC and put it into USB storage mode (if it doesn't do that automatically)
    2. un-7zip the B2G nandroid and place the b2g-0602 folder in the /clockworkmod/backup/ folder on your external SD (create the backup folder if necessary)
    3. Place the two zips at the root of your SD card for easiness later on
    4. Boot to CWM and install the Siyah Kernel JB zip
    5. Reboot recovery
    6. Follow the steps in the thread with the B2G nandroid download, although they may not work for you.
    6(a). If those steps do not work, attempt to clone your current ROM to the second ROM under dual booting options OR create a nandroid backup of your current ROM (so you can easily go back to it)
    6(b). After that, restore nandroid b2g-0602 from backup (this will wipe the first ROM so be careful)
    7. Reboot recovery
    8. flash b2g_i777_keyfix.zip to make the volume rocker work as the home key (as the capacitive keys do not work as is)

Q&A
    HOW WILL I CHANGE MY VOLUME LEVELS?
    You can change your volume levels from settings

IS THIS NICE AND PERFECT?
    Nope, not at all. If anything this is a step down from Android currently. The DPI is screwed up, navigation is odd because of inability to use capacitive keys, lack of Google sync, and this overall isn't a daily driver.

SO WHY WOULD I WANT TO USE THIS?
    I don't know? Why don't you tell me?

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
    Everything that is listed as not working in the i9100 thread, calls probably don't work, camera doesn't work, and probably many other things

WHAT DOES WORK?
    SMS for sure works, WIFI works, data might work

SPECIAL THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HAS WORKED ON PORTING THIS OPERATING SYSTEM TO THE I9100!
    You should add screen shots:D thanks for posting this, I'll try it.