Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[webtop] webtop2sd discussion (currently version 2.0.1)

OP Sogarth

19th April 2012, 10:53 PM   |  #81  
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Also in the same boat....I have a Bionic on stock .902
It is rooted.
Webtop HDMI hack installed
busybox installed and copied to /system/etc/webtop2sd/busybox
Permissions are all 777
Webtop2sd installed and completes installation with no error.

Diagnostics:
webtop2sd version: 2.0.1
Mount executable version: webtop2sd/2.0.0
Custom busybox installed: Y
webtop configurator version: 33
Currently mounted webtops: webtop, mmcblk0p2

Only booting into standard webtop.

Figured it out - it was actually working, but I did not have a tux icon. Adding the Bionic MBM.tar.bz2 patch allowed me to use ctrl-alt-T to get a terminal, and I was off!
Last edited by zekeb; 24th April 2012 at 10:03 PM.
18th May 2012, 01:00 AM   |  #82  
Thanks Meter: 18

83 posts
does any one have an easy way to do the "mount -o remount, rw / " at boot? Ive done some searching and I cant wrap my head around it.

And second and the one that matters a little more to me, enabling my swap partition in webtop. I already have the partition created, but thats where im stuck.

TIA
23rd May 2012, 06:56 PM   |  #83  

2 posts
Eclipse 2.2/Safestrap/lapdock/Webtop2SD
Good afternoon. I posed this issue in the Droid Bionic forum also, but I figured I might post it here as well. I rooted my phone last night for the purpose of using webtop2sd. I figured if I was rooting it, I might as well flash it, right? So I did. I used safestrap to flash the eclipse 2.2 rom. (my phone is a verizon droid bionic). After flashing it, I realized there was an issue with using the lapdock. Based on what I've read, its an incompatibility issue with safe strap. I'm completely new to flashing, so I'm not even sure how to change from safestrap to boot strap. Also, when I open webtop2sd, device to partition and webtop partition size are ghosted. I have an 8gb card that is mostly empty (and I have ordered a 32gb card) so space shouldn't be an issue.

1) Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to use Eclipse 2.2 with the lapdock successfully
2) why are my partitioning options ghosted on webtop2sd?

Note: I realize that the second question could be related to the first issue. Anyone with any information would be greatly appreciated!
22nd June 2012, 09:32 PM   |  #84  

4 posts
I have read and read and I don't remember where I read what right now... but I haven't see this:

I am trying to update from Ubuntu 10.10 to Ubuntu 11.04. Update manager does it's thing but, towards the end, it stops and tells me that I don't have enough memory. I have a 10GB partition for webtop on my SD card (yes, it's using it). It says that I need to free up 10.5 megs additional space. Just for $hit$ and grins, I uninstalled OpenOffice and freed a lot more than that, but I got the exact same error.

What, exactly, is moved to the SD card? I noticed that "/" is still on the phone and that is where it is trying to install the upgrade. Is the Kernel on the phone and just system files on the SD card? "/osh" doesn't seem to be a part of "normal" Linux.

I understand "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" but when you are trying to get help on the Linux forums, they really poo-poo you and won't help if you are running a version that is two updates old.

Do I need, maybe, to compile my own kernel and manually move it over to the phone? Captain Picard re-programmed a communicator to be a reflector beam once using a paper clip, so surely updating Ubuntu must be possible!
6th March 2013, 10:26 PM   |  #85  
Thanks Meter: 1

6 posts
Will webtop2sd work on a Bionic running 4.0.4 and webtop 3.0?
I find webtop 3.0 a lot more stable than the last version, but I'd prefer to have the unbuntu desktop environment back. Can I still use webtop2sd to do that?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread