OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 5,709

2,485 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwang

Or maybe compcache support? I think jf may have already patched that into one of his builds.

http://code.google.com/p/compcache/

EDIT: Nevermind, from another thread it says it doesn't work.

I thought about automatically activating swap if you have a third partition. Anything more than about 32M causes the phone to slow down, though.

I'm gonna try compcache from their Mercurial repository. Maybe it will work better than the 0.5.3 version that's posted from April.
5th June 2009, 07:53 PM   |  #1692  
Flag Seattle

2,485 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyanogen

I'm gonna try compcache from their Mercurial repository. Maybe it will work better than the 0.5.3 version that's posted from April.

Still no good. Zygote crashes almost immediately with ramzswap.
5th June 2009, 08:00 PM   |  #1693  
Flag Sonoma, CA
Thanks Meter: 29

414 posts
More
Everything seems to be working great Cyanogen! Thank you!
Quote:

I thought about automatically activating swap if you have a third partition. Anything more than about 32M causes the phone to slow down, though.

Previously installed various ROM's and had HTC splash (htc_hero_1.0-signed)
DID everything suggested for sound, etc...THEN...what the heck...why not...
Re-format SD (1st partition fat32, 2nd Ext2 {500MB})
Wipe (ALT-W)
Reboot
HTC splash
Sign-in
Factory Data Reset (Menu/Settings/SD card & phone storage)
Install JFv1.51_CM3.2-ADP.zip (rename to update) Alt-S
Home+Back (reboot)
Now has Android splash
Hard reboot remove battery
start G1
Factory Data Reset (Menu/Settings/SD card & phone storage)
Home+Back (reboot)
Sign-in
Install update-cm-3.3.6-signed.zip (rename to update) Alt-S
Hard reboot remove battery
Install New Theme htc_hero_1.0-signed.zip (rename to update) Alt-S
Home+Back (reboot)
Installed apps

Looking forward to your next 'surprise'
5th June 2009, 08:18 PM   |  #1694  
Flag providence, RI
Thanks Meter: 50

769 posts
More
i never used the phone after i updated to 3.3.6, so i couldnt test a few little things. today i needed speaker phone, and noticed it i couldnt select it. i know its been brought up in the past, just want to let the dev knwo about the bug.
5th June 2009, 08:39 PM   |  #1695  
Thanks Meter: 18

340 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayman0625

HQ over EDGE/3G is already on this build, well on 3.3.6 at least. I'm using it right now.

On Edge here, tried YouTube but the quality isn't HA, only over WiFi it displays HA or gives me the option.
5th June 2009, 08:47 PM   |  #1696  
Flag Seattle

2,485 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by question.com

i never used the phone after i updated to 3.3.6, so i couldnt test a few little things. today i needed speaker phone, and noticed it i couldnt select it. i know its been brought up in the past, just want to let the dev knwo about the bug.

I have it working for 3.3.7, which should be out later when I finish testing.
5th June 2009, 09:22 PM   |  #1697  
Flag BALTIMORE
Thanks Meter: 8

70 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich0

Couldn't agree more. At the same time, constructive feedback on the experimental builds shouldn't be held back simply because they're experimental. Nobody will even know what the problems are with a build if nobody talks about them for fear of being branded a "complainer." I work on other open source efforts and the key is to report problems, but be nice about it. And, if you can report a problem along with some ideas as to the solution (or at least a good description of how it happens) it is even better.

ol' i agree, i know there has to be feed back i'm talkin about the ones that are blaming Cyan for corrupting sd cards and what not .... Those knuckle heads !
5th June 2009, 09:24 PM   |  #1698  
Flag Bronx, NY
Thanks Meter: 1

157 posts
More
Im having a problem istalling apps in my phone. It says theres not enough space. Does anyone here knows how to fix the problem???
5th June 2009, 09:28 PM   |  #1699  
Thanks Meter: 178

2,171 posts
Quote:

yeah I've been trying out the swapper application where I have a 32m swapfile and swappiness set to 10.

Its no magic bullet as swapping apps between memory and swapfile causes a significant pause, but what it does solve is the browser reloading pages every time you move to another application and back again.

Obviously the best solution is more memory and hopefully when tmobile comes out with the magic in the states, it will have 288 megs of RAM instead of 192 megs that the vodaphone magic has.

I'm wondering does having the swapfile as its own partition improve performance?
Last edited by dwang; 5th June 2009 at 09:33 PM.
5th June 2009, 09:31 PM   |  #1700  
Thanks Meter: 3

176 posts
Currently running v3.3.6 and all is good. Only a few things I wanted to mention tho. All day when on the phone people keep telling me they can't hear me right and they keep hearing echoes when I speak. Don't know if its specific to this build but I thought I would put it out there. Also I'm not to fond of the Meltus sound mod that's packaged with this build. Way to low. I prefer the v2 louder settings. No big deal tho I can push that through adb. Great work all overall cyanogen the Rom is great.

Also assuming everything looks good below, I was wondering what is in my /system/intmem directory? I'm running apps2sd with no prob got about 150 apps installed and through settings>storage I show about 1300M's. Just wondering whats in that directory. I'm assuming its cache from apps etc cuz I cleared the market cache and it went down about 3mbs but only a few mins later it went up about 5m. I'm sure I can move this over to the sd but not sure what methods would work that won't disturb the current set up. If not its cool tho. Just wondering
http://twitpic.com/6or61/full
Last edited by IamLugo; 5th June 2009 at 09:48 PM. Reason: image not showing

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, fast, g1 cyanogen, rom
Previous Thread Next Thread