[PORT]Ubuntu Touch / Stopped Working!

Search This thread

nesquix

Jun 28, 2009
Cannes
hmmm... i just realise that, after flashing this port... i done a data/cache/dalvik/system partition WIPE (so full wipe) BUT... after reinstalling a rom (cyanogenmod temasek), ubuntu moved all my internal sdcard to /data/media/, and i need to manually move all again to /sdcard because the folder is now empty O.O, and created some folder (exemple /data/media/ubuntu) that can be deleted with the root right (root explorer, solid explorer...etc)

be carefull ............ some of you will needed to do a original flash by odin to restore completely there phone partitions

Last edited:
Reactions: t0kgrumps

t0kgrumps

May 28, 2012
Singapore
hmmm... i just realized that, after flashing this port... i done a data/cache/dalvik/system partition WIPE (so full wipe) BUT... after reinstalling a rom (cyanogenmod temasek), ubuntu moved all my internal sdcard to /data/media/, and i need to manually move all again to /sdcard because the folder is now empty O.O, and created some folder (exemple /data/media/ubuntu) that can be deleted with the root right (root explorer, solid explorer...etc)

be carefull ............ some of you will needed to do a original flash by odin to restore completely there phone partitions

Hey thanks for the warning. Cause I got the game data of asphalt 7, nova 3 and real racing 3 all in my internal sd. Now I'm gonna move them all first to external before flashing

krassewelt

Jan 26, 2010
Germany
hmmm... i just realise that, after flashing this port... i done a data/cache/dalvik/system partition WIPE (so full wipe) BUT... after reinstalling a rom (cyanogenmod temasek), ubuntu moved all my internal sdcard to /data/media/, and i need to manually move all again to /sdcard because the folder is now empty O.O, and created some folder (exemple /data/media/ubuntu) that can be deleted with the root right (root explorer, solid explorer...etc)

when you normal installed ubuntu touch with a clockworkmod recovery, you can easy restore with an nandroid backup.
ubuntu is extracted to the data partition, and will not move the content of your internal sd card

Last edited:

nesquix

Jun 28, 2009
Cannes
Maybe I was not enough clear. After flashed the rom with TWRP, I was unable to restore the rom because the backup was in the data/media/ folder and after this the recovery is looking for a twrp backup folder in the sdcard partition.. so.. not possible to restore the backup, nothing was on the screen. Sorry for my English I'm french.. so by moving files in the aroma file manager by the recovery I found a way to restore it but some people must be careful. I know how to flash ROMs and this was the 1st time that this problems appear !
Maybe because of the /0/ partition created by the cyanogenmod rom too because the rom is based on.. but the recovery was unable to see any data too, like a empty sdcard..strangely.

Reactions: petie74

Glebun

Jun 6, 2010
Kyiv
Re: [PORT]Ubuntu Touch

there is no i9300 Ubuntu touch forum on xda. and if there was, there would be just this thread in it

cxyrus

Jan 14, 2011
definitely gonna try
one of my biggest wishes ubuntu on my S3,
wanted so bad, please keep it up
when come to stable version with network connectivity, this one gonna rock the S3 threads.:good::good::good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PMDroid.de proudly present Ubuntu Touch for the International Galaxy S3
    Nightly Build, more infos and more Bug fixes come this Week

Statement:
    Currently i am stop working on the port to the galaxy s3. because the Ubuntu Touch Releases can not be used in any instance. Until Canonical will release a useful build i stop my work on this port.
    Sorry for that.

PMDroid

the build hostet on goo.im ist ma latest build but font rendering is broken in some areas, but wifi is working and Video decoding.

Download:
    http://goo.im/devs/pmdroid/zips
    Download the latest phablet-i9300-build-xx.zip Build
    and quantal-preinstalled-phablet-armhf.zip

Install:
    Requirement: CM10.1 on your Phone
    Boot your Phone into the Recovery
    Format Cache, System and Data
    Install the phablet-i9300-build-xx.zip
    and quantal-preinstalled-phablet-armhf.zip
    reboot the phone and enjoy Ubuntu Touch

That Works:
    Wifi
    Video decoding
    Its Boots
    Sound
    Touchscreen
    Volume Keys

Not Working:
    font rendering
    everything else

Thanks to:
    The Cyanogenmod Team
    Canonical
    drapalyuk

Screenshots:

apps.jpg battery.jpg home.jpg lockscreen.jpg messages.jpg

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.
     */
    Update

Short News:

currently i searching for the mali font redering bug (mali driver version r3p1-01rel1)
    wlan ist working but can´t connect
    video decoding works with new mali driver.
    more infos this week
    Here are some screenshots. For some reason, it wouldn't let me capture more than those two screens. Might try later again later or tomorrow.

screenshot.jpg

screenshot6.jpg

EDIT:

Was able to get some more:

screenshot13.png

screenshot12.png

screenshot11.png

screenshot10.png

screenshot9.png

screenshot8.png

screenshot7.png

screenshot5.png

screenshot4.png

screenshot3.png

screenshot2.png
    In that case it should be moved to the general sub forum.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

It's a rom and is in development. So this is actually the right place

i can post some screenshots tomorrow.