Please explain how to make first letter a 'Capital' on titanium home

Search This thread

carcomp

Oct 26, 2007
What programs do you need, and how do you do it?

I've got a basic understanding of the methods (mui stuff) and I DO understand the technical bits. I don't really want to dismantle a ROM just to change some letters, and you'd think there would be a variable in there somewhere with those text strings.

Right now I've got capitals and non capitals on my home screen and its kinda unsightly..

Thanks all!

carcomp

Oct 26, 2007
Found an answer somewhere else....

Use Total Commander, go to your windows folder, scroll till you get to Titanium, use Total commander edit function to open the cpr file for edit.
Look for the items that show up in our today screen, they come as "Expanded" and "Condensed". The condensed is your focus here.

So let's take "favorites" for our example:_ scroll to FavoritesCondensed,
4th line there reads like this:

<Text ID="PluginLabel" Left="10" Top="4" Width="300" Height="34"> FontFamily="Tahoma" FontSize="18" FontStyle="Regular" Wrap="False" VerticalAlignment="Top" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter" InnerTextType="Resource" Text="chomeres.dll,1025">

Okay so the [InnerTextType="Resource"] has to be deleted, then edit Text as Text="Favorites" but hey, that gives you the internet explorer so you can as well write Internet there. So your edited line look like this:

<Text ID="PluginLabel" Left="10" Top="4" Width="300" Height="34"> FontFamily="Tahoma" FontSize="18" FontStyle="Regular" Wrap="False" VerticalAlignment="Top" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter" Text="InternetExplorer">

So you do likewise with the remaining items and you can give them whatever name you want.

If you are going to use this info then pls hit the Thanks button hard. I dont know why but it makes me do more.

FInixNOver

Nov 18, 2005
What programs do you need, and how do you do it?

I've got a basic understanding of the methods (mui stuff) and I DO understand the technical bits. I don't really want to dismantle a ROM just to change some letters, and you'd think there would be a variable in there somewhere with those text strings.

Right now I've got capitals and non capitals on my home screen and its kinda unsightly..

Thanks all!

To have Capitals for the Titanium's default plugins you need to replace the cmhomeres.dll.0409.mui with the patched one I'm attaching in this post. Copy it to Windows folder on your device and restart Titanium.

Attachments

• cmhomeres.dll.0409.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 211