XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Facebook build 140579

Tip us?

cgast89
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Exclamation Facebook build 140579

I have a Samsung Galaxy SII and cannot get this to quit! It's not showing up in my downloads, when I try long clicking on it in my active applications it just brings me to my home page and I disabled FB (which is not showing anywhere on my phone but I'm unable to enable in Play Store). PLEASE HELP!
The Following User Says Thank You to cgast89 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Dai323
Old
(Last edited by Dai323; 15th March 2013 at 06:05 AM.)
Thanks Meter 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgast89 View Post
I have a Samsung Galaxy SII and cannot get this to quit! It's not showing up in my downloads, when I try long clicking on it in my active applications it just brings me to my home page and I disabled FB (which is not showing anywhere on my phone but I'm unable to enable in Play Store). PLEASE HELP!
I'm getting it as well, along with a bunch of people who also posted this problem today on Android Central. To fix it, long press on the notification until "app info" pops up. Go into app info, force stop it, and then clear data.

Alternatively, find the app called "downloads" in your app drawer, open it, press the "other downloads" button on the right. You should see the Facebook download with an in progress status. Tick the box next to it and then press the little trashcan icon to delete it.

Problem solved.

Edit: Probably best to do both methods, as it came back on me once after just deleting it from downloads app.

vdefender
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Thank you!! I couldn't figure out what it was either! I have Galaxy S3 with CM10.1 on it. How did this problem hit so many devices and so many ROMs at the same time!?

Phalanx7621
Old
Thanks Meter 2045
Default Facebook build 140579

If this doesn't relate to our phone (the i777) it doesn't belong here. As in an app that has nothing to do with our phone. App problems can be discussed in the apps and games section, via pm, or in the MAIN general thread not related to a specific phone model.

Phones: Samsung Galaxy S II, Motorola Atrix[retired]

Dai323
Old
Thanks Meter 372
Default Re: Facebook build 140579

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx7621 View Post
If this doesn't relate to our phone (the i777) it doesn't belong here. As in an app that has nothing to do with our phone. App problems can be discussed in the apps and games section, via pm, or in the MAIN general thread not related to a specific phone model.
Its a strange problem that affects multiple devices, and many had no idea of knowing if it affected one particular device/ROM or not. Relax.

I got it twice today on my Note 2 running a Touchwiz ROM, so it doesn't seem device dependant. FB Playstore error I would assume.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

LtBlak
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Thanks

Thanks that solved the problem

DanDroidian
Old
Thanks Meter 237

Have it right now on my note 2....

Why is this happening, and should I let it finish?

:banghead:

Nick281051
Old
Thanks Meter 1327

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanDroidian View Post
Have it right now on my note 2....

Why is this happening, and should I let it finish?

:banghead:
Oh. My. God. You seriously can't read can you?

Sent from my Zanpakuto using Getsuga Tensho!
Current Phone: Samsung Galaxy S II SGH-I777

HTC Inspire 4g collecting dust

Old Phone: Samsung Captivate (At&t)- Returned
HTC Tilt 2 (AT&T)- Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx7621 View Post
Nice job bro! Not only have you insulted the dev of the rom thread you're posting in , but you also took offense to an internet forum post which has no bearing on your life! This is the internet bro. You've got to have a thick skin.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nick281051 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Dai323
Old
Thanks Meter 372

I just read online WHY this is happening: Its because Facebook has pushed an update that will allow future updates to happen OUTSIDE of the Play Store (aka silent updates).

I haven't been able to get the direct update to work so far, but The Verge confirms that it is from FB, so it is safe.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2