Unofficial CM12 for Android One, Disabling Encryption on Nexus 6 – XDA TV

Android One devices have received an Unofficial CyanogenMod … more

Pushbullet Universal Copy/Paste Availabe for Linux, Mac OS X

Pushbullet is one of those useful utilities that once installed, permanently … more

Enable the Hidden Notification LED on the Google Nexus 6!

LED notification lights have existed on Android devices since the very beginnings … more

MX Player Ready to Rock on Lollipop

A good video player should be reliable and free. One of the XDA Community Apps, MX Player, meets both of … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Facebook build 140579

OP cgast89

14th March 2013, 04:29 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Orlando, FL
Thanks Meter: 1

3 posts
More
I have a Samsung Galaxy SII and cannot get this to quit! It's not showing up in my downloads, when I try long clicking on it in my active applications it just brings me to my home page and I disabled FB (which is not showing anywhere on my phone but I'm unable to enable in Play Store). PLEASE HELP!
The Following User Says Thank You to cgast89 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th March 2013, 11:14 PM   |  #2  
Flag Berlin Germany
Thanks Meter: 445

1,914 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgast89

I have a Samsung Galaxy SII and cannot get this to quit! It's not showing up in my downloads, when I try long clicking on it in my active applications it just brings me to my home page and I disabled FB (which is not showing anywhere on my phone but I'm unable to enable in Play Store). PLEASE HELP!

I'm getting it as well, along with a bunch of people who also posted this problem today on Android Central. To fix it, long press on the notification until "app info" pops up. Go into app info, force stop it, and then clear data.

Alternatively, find the app called "downloads" in your app drawer, open it, press the "other downloads" button on the right. You should see the Facebook download with an in progress status. Tick the box next to it and then press the little trashcan icon to delete it.

Problem solved.

Edit: Probably best to do both methods, as it came back on me once after just deleting it from downloads app.
Last edited by Dai323; 15th March 2013 at 07:05 AM.
15th March 2013, 02:59 AM   |  #3  
Flag Seattle, Wa
Thanks Meter: 29

113 posts
More
Thank you!! I couldn't figure out what it was either! I have Galaxy S3 with CM10.1 on it. How did this problem hit so many devices and so many ROMs at the same time!?
15th March 2013, 04:59 AM   |  #4  
Flag Delaware
Thanks Meter: 2,047

4,452 posts
More
Facebook build 140579
If this doesn't relate to our phone (the i777) it doesn't belong here. As in an app that has nothing to do with our phone. App problems can be discussed in the apps and games section, via pm, or in the MAIN general thread not related to a specific phone model.
15th March 2013, 07:03 AM   |  #5  
Flag Berlin Germany

1,914 posts
More
Re: Facebook build 140579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx7621

If this doesn't relate to our phone (the i777) it doesn't belong here. As in an app that has nothing to do with our phone. App problems can be discussed in the apps and games section, via pm, or in the MAIN general thread not related to a specific phone model.

Its a strange problem that affects multiple devices, and many had no idea of knowing if it affected one particular device/ROM or not. Relax.

I got it twice today on my Note 2 running a Touchwiz ROM, so it doesn't seem device dependant. FB Playstore error I would assume.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
15th March 2013, 07:33 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Thumbs up Thanks
Thanks that solved the problem
15th March 2013, 09:23 AM   |  #7  
Flag Phnom Penh
Thanks Meter: 238

779 posts
Have it right now on my note 2....

Why is this happening, and should I let it finish?

:banghead:
15th March 2013, 12:17 PM   |  #8  
Flag Northport, NY
Thanks Meter: 1,329

4,620 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanDroidian

Have it right now on my note 2....

Why is this happening, and should I let it finish?

:banghead:

Oh. My. God. You seriously can't read can you?

Sent from my Zanpakuto using Getsuga Tensho!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nick281051 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th March 2013, 06:03 PM   |  #9  
Flag Berlin Germany

1,914 posts
More
I just read online WHY this is happening: Its because Facebook has pushed an update that will allow future updates to happen OUTSIDE of the Play Store (aka silent updates).

I haven't been able to get the direct update to work so far, but The Verge confirms that it is from FB, so it is safe.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread