OK, What? [Cotulla Twitter]

Search This thread

Marvlesz

Jun 28, 2010
Saudi Arabia
Great work of Cotulla but I think instead of working on something that will most likely never work 100%, not even 90%, it would be better to improve things that work already, eg a more user friendly Maglrd.

Nevertheless, incredible what he can tease out from the HD2:eek:

He is not doing what he's doing to provide a fully working insert-OS-here ROM, he's doing it as a hobby.

geoasmar

Jul 31, 2010
Beirut
Long Live the MIGHTY HD2

Had this SUPER phone since it was released in 2009..
Just want to repeat what everyone else is saying: COTULLA you're THE MAN
Thank you SOOO MUCH for keeping our-at least my- hopes up and, to ANYONE in doubt: THIS proves that the HD2 is here to stay.. I hope :p
Thanks and keep up the good work..

AntiBillOS

Jun 21, 2011
Запорожье
Heh. I am verry interested to get it booted on my Nokia Lumia 710 too...
Its specifical WP7 device... It can be fully UNLOCKED boot without hardware method.

I am not noob (and now done with rebuild Android 4.2.2 for my targets) but my knowege on Windows are small.

Nigeldg

Feb 25, 2011
Heh. I am verry interested to get it booted on my Nokia Lumia 710 too...
Its specifical WP7 device... It can be fully UNLOCKED boot without hardware method.

I am not noob (and now done with rebuild Android 4.2.2 for my targets) but my knowege on Windows are small.
I don't think there are any devs on this thread, you'd be better off PMing one of the popular WP devs we have instead; they're likely to answer once they see that you have 900 thanks ;)

FCORivers

Dec 31, 2011
Carolina
I love this stage; The community and the dev continue to agree that it's merely proof of concept and more of a 'wacky experiment' and the reality of a usable port is uncertain. It's like a horror movie; we all know what's going to happen yet we try to tell ourselves "there's a possibility the character wont die..." and "maybe they won't back themselves into the room with no escape". How long before we all look back at this thread with an ivory pipe in one hand and a stable port of WP8 on the HD2 in the other and chuckle pretentiously?

Just makes me wonder... considering the 'make it just about last the warranty period' approach to design in terms of quality and future-proofing of this unfortunate blood thirsty corporate world, how did HTC come up with the HD2? Did they mean for this device to be so versatile or was it the greatest mistake ever made as far as the hack-addicted user community is concerned?

The HD2 truly is a symbol of 'technology lifespan anarchy'. I feel like I'm flippin' the bird at the corporate powers every time I boot Android/WP7/Ubuntu etc. It makes me smile a little inside. Is this what drives all of the hack/mod community to do what they tell us cannot be done or Is it just me?

I just wish I could help more with the code side of things. Every time I have a dabble I delve in too deep and become overwhelmed by my lack of understanding. My biggest trouble is knowing where to start! Hats off to guys like Cotulla and the Dark Forces Team :cowboy:<-- (imagine the hat lifted)

Oh, lol, really, my wife just asked me what I was laughing about. Man I feel just a little like that. Like my friend calls me up and shows me his recently upgraded sensation4g to ics 4.0.4 from 2.3.5, hahaha, I was already on jellybean, same with another friend with a titan, I already ran wp7.8.

Sorry if this is ot but Thanks to Cotulla, Dft and all other devs keeping this soon to be 4 years old device up to date.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

For now it's actually just a proof of concept.
    I honestly dunno how far it can goes forward; a lot of problems appear and not sure will be it's possible to solve them.
    And not only to solve them, but get an acceptable user experience :)

It was implied as "a crazy experiment" at the start up time :laugh:

For now it's implemented only few functionality like SD card, screen output, touch screen input.
    All other things are not working. I won't add "YET" it can be very hard to get some things to work.
    and DFT didn't yet decided about future developments in that direction.

It's more of a, Microsoft you lied!! Kind of thing.
    they can be right also . . .I don't know yet.
    But NT is much more heavy system than CE. remember that.
    People are forgetting that Windows RT requires UEFI to even boot. If you noticed one or two of the screenshots you would see the UEFI MAGLDR which means that Cotulla/DFT have been able to emulate UEFI to get the image to even boot. So you would need a bootloader like MAGLDR to even do this and as I'm aware, most bootloaders these days are completely locked down now.
    Yes, it's very large work. We (DFT) started that project long time ago.

Do you think that will be posible run Metro apps on Windows 8 RT for HD2? Resolution of HD2 is very poor and without metro app Windows 8 RT is less interesant
    Not sure. Hacks in the internet doesn't work. Display interpolation also bad in image quality as well in performance.
    Yes, it helps a lot of, but usually only answers to basic questions. Complex and the most intersting ones are usually always kept answered :(
    So, for what I understood, this might be the reason why all previous devices - including the Lumia 900 - won't get the WP8 upgrade. It just can't be done...
    Yes, it can be. All that NT is much more heavy.

Actually I am looking only to LEO port - not enough resources for anothers.
    LEO has very well known environment for me as well tons of developed stuffs, it's a reson why it's possible.
    In case of another device it's clear start from zero. Too much work. Sorry :(
    It's now running from SD card. NAND is not assumed to be supported by any way
    (there is no native support for such storage medias inside NT, as well no goal to add such support - cuz NAND is too small for that purposes)
    But SD cards are not really fast . . . unlike eMMC with 8bit bus inside native WP8 devices.
    As well too often access to SD card may produce big power drain.