[ROM] OEX

Search This thread

itsDinis

Feb 23, 2012
Évora
knzo, are you going to do a rom like void. or oex using android 4.0?
Both roms are great and very stable.

Sent from my Huawei U8800 using XDA

pfmateus

Feb 4, 2009
Who has Aurora ROM (ICS) installed, needs to downgrade to stock kernel .32 Rom, before installing OEX, or not?

Regards,
Pedro Mateus

MtG92

Jan 31, 2012
Lisbon
Who has Aurora ROM (ICS) installed, needs to downgrade to stock kernel .32 Rom, before installing OEX, or not?

Regards,
Pedro Mateus

Yes, this is a .32 kernel rom, like all roms with Franco kernel, so you need to downgrade. Here is a little walk through in case you are unsure of how to do it.

@dancer69; buddy the point is to downgrade from 2.3 to 2.2.
Maybe this might help clearly.Just Terramino(rom complier)claims that 2.3 is like a poison ivy covers your device very tight;so repeat the loading 2.2 action 3 times for better clean.

Downgrade from 2.3.5 back to 2.2.2

1) Download U8800 V100R001C00B138SP04 (Overseas General) Android 2.2.2 from HERE.
2) Extract the "dload" folder and copy it (along with its contents) to the ROOT of the SD Card.
3) Turn on your U8800 while holding [VOL-] and [VOL+] and the Android 2.2.2 install should start.
4) Once finished you should be back to 2.2.2.
5) If you phone does not boot correctly power on phone while holding [VOL+] to boot into recovery and Reset to factory defaults.
6) Delete the "dload" folder from the SD Card.

Good luck and in the future try to post questions in the Q&A section. ;)

Reactions: pfmateus

Djuganight

Oct 26, 2012
Sorry to dig up this old thread but for those looking for a stable and blazing fast .32 rom you should try this one (OEX). This is indeed a very good rom, althought its long overdated :good:
I know its old as hell but I'm finding new ways of sharing something in order to boost my thanks...
Please hit thank button as I'm collecting them to boost my ego and try to be the guru of the forum :highfive:

Last edited:

msbomberman

Jul 30, 2008
Sesimbra
miuiportugal.pt
Sorry to dig up this old thread but for those looking for a stable and blazing fast .32 rom you should try this one (OEX). This is indeed a very good rom, althought its long overdated :good:
I know its old as hell but I'm finding new ways of sharing something in order to boost my thanks...
Please hit thank button as I'm collecting them to boost my ego and try to be the guru of the forum :highfive:

But of course I remember this oldie but goldie... Still have it in my "Android Drive" 1TB filled with ROMS, development tools... It's funny to look as evolution sometimes takes a giant leap and other times it's just a matter of fixing minor things

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don't have an u8800 but I did this for a friend.
    I was unsure on whether to share it but oh hell, here we go.

This is Oxygen 17/08 + franco.Kernel 17/08 + Many tweaks I included.
    So basically, Oxygen Express = OEX.

All credits go to dzo and whoever he credited on his own Oxygen thread
    and franciscofranco for the kernel. In comparison to them, I did nothing.

Make sure to buy them a beer.

Main features (in contrast with Oxygen):
    - EXT4 with proper mount options and no journalism
    - Removed some applications (torch,terminal,download,talk,gmail,...)
    - A thousand tweaks (no seriously, they are many, too many to list)
    - zRAM enabled by default, Loopy Smoothness tweak, Auto-Zipalign
    - Patched hosts, SE supl instead of Google, blah blah I'm tired already

Download:
    - http://www.multiupload.com/18M1MNCBSM

Instructions:
    - The usual.

Obs:
    - It will format system, data and cache.
    - Hint: switch to V(R) I/O Scheduler.
    - There'll be no support, I don't have the phone, I did this for a friend.
    - If you get stuck on boot, go back to recovery and use ADB to ls /system; if it's empty, well, it happens sometimes. Reflash.
    - Don't thank me; thank dzo for the port and franciscofranco for the kernel. Moreover, if they want this thread closed, I will abide.
    Download available on u8800 backup mirror here:
    http://qrac.zapto.org/ under "other ROMs .32 kernel"

Original thread here:
    later I post a working link
    Here is the download link for great OEX

http://www.mediafire.com/?rbt41oudrq9h1wk

enjoy!