Wifes HTC evo 3d(sprint) wont boot past white screen.(

Search This thread

dracuel

Mar 21, 2013
I flashed my wifes htc evo a long time ago and today she updated it and now it won boot past the white screen that says htc. I dont remember what method i used to root it. I really need to get this phone working because we cant afford a new phone right now.

in bootloader the phone says

"unlocked
shooter XC ship s-on rl
Hboot-1.58.0000
emmc-boot
may 17, 2012 15:06:44"

going into recovery boots me into 4EXT recovery touch.Going into info on 4ext recovery brings up

system ext4 787.4mib
data ext4 1.1gib
cache ext4 109.0mib
sdcard fat32 4.8gig
current rom : Unknown

if anyone can point me in the right direction plz. I am using windows 7 and the phone was version 4.0 i believe.

raptoro07

Apr 19, 2006
High Point, NC, USA
I flashed my wifes htc evo a long time ago and today she updated it and now it won boot past the white screen that says htc. I dont remember what method i used to root it. I really need to get this phone working because we cant afford a new phone right now.

in bootloader the phone says

"unlocked
shooter XC ship s-on rl
Hboot-1.58.0000
emmc-boot
may 17, 2012 15:06:44"

going into recovery boots me into 4EXT recovery touch.Going into info on 4ext recovery brings up

system ext4 787.4mib
data ext4 1.1gib
cache ext4 109.0mib
sdcard fat32 4.8gig
current rom : Unknown

if anyone can point me in the right direction plz. I am using windows 7 and the phone was version 4.0 i believe.

You should never accept OTAs on a rooted/custom ROM running phone. Most likely you will have to boot into recovery and wipe and flash a new ROM. Which means you'll lose any data not on your SD Card. Sorry.

dracuel

Mar 21, 2013
You should never accept OTAs on a rooted/custom ROM running phone. Most likely you will have to boot into recovery and wipe and flash a new ROM. Which means you'll lose any data not on your SD Card. Sorry.

Everything was backed up so losing things is no issue. I told her not to updatr but she didnt remember. What rom should I flash to fix this? I flashed venom and it now gets past the white screen but freezes at a black screen with the buttons lit up.

raptoro07

Apr 19, 2006
High Point, NC, USA
Everything was backed up so losing things is no issue. I told her not to updatr but she didnt remember. What rom should I flash to fix this? I flashed venom and it now gets past the white screen but freezes at a black screen with the buttons lit up.

Are you completely wiping everything? I like Viper3D but any ROM should be fine as long as you make sure you follow the Devs requirements. Just wipe everything but sd in 4ext and flash.

dracuel

Mar 21, 2013
Are you completely wiping everything? I like Viper3D but any ROM should be fine as long as you make sure you follow the Devs requirements. Just wipe everything but sd in 4ext and flash.

Yeah i just flashed 3 different roms and none of them worked. I did venom 3d z3rt or something and a GT one. None worked.I get a white screen with the HTC on it.

Kippui

Jan 1, 2011
Yeah i just flashed 3 different roms and none of them worked. I did venom 3d z3rt or something and a GT one. None worked.I get a white screen with the HTC on it.

I had this problem recently. I had to run a RUU to fix it. I probably tried 10 times to flash a rom but none worked.

Kippui

Jan 1, 2011
im sorry you may not want to hear this but there isn't a ruu for your hboot from what i can read with s-on. you might have to do the s-off wiretrick and then run a ruu(you can use any if s-off). run the stock rom long enough to turn it off to flash a recovery -> install a rom. I happen to be using virgin mobile htc evo 3d so I was on hboot 1.57 so there is ruu that contains the stock vm rom.

dracuel

Mar 21, 2013
im sorry you may not want to hear this but there isn't a ruu for your hboot from what i can read with s-on. you might have to do the s-off wiretrick and then run a ruu(you can use any if s-off). run the stock rom long enough to turn it off to flash a recovery -> install a rom. I happen to be using virgin mobile htc evo 3d so I was on hboot 1.57 so there is ruu that contains the stock vm rom.

fixed by relocking the phone then installing a new ruu.

Last edited:

Kippui

Jan 1, 2011

which ruu was it? I tried running different ruus and they all fail. If you have one that would work plz share. wifes depressed over this lol

I dont have the stock rom on. that is what i am trying to get back.

exactly you might have to do more work to get it than me. as in you might have to get that phone to S-off and then try to run whatever ruu you was running before.