Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
View Poll Results: Which screen do you think you have?
385cd/mē | 1100:1 contrast (low) 21 9.33%
485cd/mē | 1200:1 contrast (typical) 107 47.56%
650cd/mē | 1500:1 contrast (best) 97 43.11%
Voters: 225. You may not vote on this poll

HTC One screen reviews: One comes with different display types

OP puremind

23rd March 2013, 11:55 PM   |  #31  
Thanks Meter: 98

661 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasarak

[ 1.037509] c0 64 [TP] syn_get_version: panel_version: 3332
(snip)
[ 1.684877] c0 1 [DISP] mipi_command_samsung_init
[ 1.684907] c0 1 [DISP] m7_panel_init panel ID = PANEL_ID_M7_JDI_SAMSUNG_C2_2
[ 1.685182] c0 1 [DISP] m7_panel_init: PWM IC version A2
[ 1.685212] c0 1 [DISP] m7_panel_init

Anyone else want to post theirs?

If the screen is actually made by Samsung then some of the more rabid HTC fanboys won't be able to bring themselves to touch it .

Ugh...mine is Samsung too! You are not wrong about the HTC fanboys. In fact many Taiwanese will not be happy to hear it has a major Korean part! There is a lot of rivalry there!
24th March 2013, 12:01 AM   |  #32  
Thanks Meter: 250

676 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonstatt

Ugh...mine is Samsung too! You are not wrong about the HTC fanboys. In fact many Taiwanese will not be happy to hear it has a major Korean part! There is a lot of rivalry there!

JDI is Japanese Display Inc (Sony/Toshiba/Hitachi).. not sure how Samsung is there too. A sexpert on HTC panels needs to step in.
24th March 2013, 12:13 AM   |  #33  

661 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by omersak

JDI is Japanese Display Inc (Sony/Toshiba/Hitachi).. not sure how Samsung is there too. A sexpert on HTC panels needs to step in.

I just googled JDI. Indeed you are absolutely right. But JDI has no link to Samsung. In fact they are absolute rivals. Looks like the phone has an identity crisis!

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by crucky

My HTC One o2 Germany WTF ? Samsung Panel in a HTC Nice one I cant find panel_vendor in the last_kmsg file

The file is huge. The best thing is to copy it off the phone so you can search for it easily on your PC.
24th March 2013, 12:14 AM   |  #34  

676 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonstatt

I just googled JDI. Indeed you are absolutely right. But JDI has no link to Samsung. In fact they are absolute rivals. Looks like the phone has an identity crisis!

I think the screen itself is JDI made and the 'Samsung' is.. something else.

For example, in the SHARP_RENESAS option, Sharp is the only one of the two who manufactures screens and Renesas is a semiconductor manufacturer who doesn't.

Again, we need an HTC expert to clear things out because it isn't displayed this way for other OEMS.
24th March 2013, 12:21 AM   |  #35  
Flag LONDON
Thanks Meter: 56

433 posts
but how do I test or know which screen type I got? any apps from play store?
24th March 2013, 12:23 AM   |  #36  

661 posts
Quote:

I think the screen itself is JDI made and the 'Samsung' is.. something else.

For example, in the SHARP_RENESAS option, Sharp is the only one of the two who manufactures screens and Renesas is a semiconductor manufacturer who doesn't.

Again, we need an HTC expert to clear things out because it isn't displayed this way for other OEMS.

Ah..you provided a clue. Renesas make the ICs for screen drivers/controllers. So this implies the JDI screen is powered by a Samsung screen driver/controller. Still a bit surprising to see anything with Samsung there but not quite as shocking as the screen itself!
24th March 2013, 12:23 AM   |  #37  

676 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlinejobwork

but how do I test or know which screen type I got? any apps from play store?

Originally Posted by BarryH_GEG
1. Reboot the phone twice to get a clean "last_kmsg" file
2. Use any file manager that gets you to the root directory
3. Navigate to the /proc folder
4. Find "last_kmsg"
5. Open it on the device or send it to a PC and open it as a text file. Your looking for "panel_id" and "panel_vendor." It's a long ass file so you're better off using an editor with a search feature to search on "panel."
The Following User Says Thank You to omersak For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th March 2013, 12:34 AM   |  #38  
Flag Spokane, Washington
Thanks Meter: 4,382

8,957 posts
Quote:

Renesas SP is a joint venture established by Renesas Electronics, Sharp Corporation and Powerchip Group in April 2008. It engages in the business of LCD Drivers that drive small and mid-sized LCD panels. As a top manufacturer in the display products market for mobile gadgets, it aims at making a significant contribution to the global display industry through continuous innovation, cost reduction and quick operations. It provides excellent sales support, quality designing and manufacturing skills and quality assurance system all over the world aiming to become a genuinely reliable company.

All these 1080P mobile displays are being made in a former Sharp plant the size of a football field that was dedicated to larger panels for use in TVs and was converted to small format displays and is now the largest physical plant dedicated to mobile devices in the world.
The Following User Says Thank You to BarryH_GEG For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th March 2013, 12:43 AM   |  #39  
Thanks Meter: 145

532 posts
Panel_id_m7_jdi_samsung_c2_2
24th March 2013, 01:16 AM   |  #40  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 122

993 posts
More
So it looks like there are at least 2 screens.

Anyones device have a Sharp screen yet?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread