Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,281 Members 49,819 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][4.0+][ROOT] BBQScreen

Tip us?

XpLoDWilD
Old
Senior Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 14,311

DONATE TO ME
Default [APP][4.0+][ROOT] BBQScreen

BBQScreen lets you see your Android device's screen on your computer at fullspeed.

Unlike many Phone-to-PC screen sharing app, BBQScreen lets you see your device's screen in realtime and at a high framerate. It's super easy to setup, and can work through Wi-Fi, USB Tethering, or even Bluetooth tethering (best experienced with Wi-Fi or USB Tethering).
Get and install this app on your Android device, and get the latest client app on your computer at http://screen.bbqdroid.org. You just have to enter your device's IP address, and it's working immediately.

See it on the Play Store

_ Omni developer - Android - Check my twitter for the latest updates!
______
<codeworkx> YIPIJAHEY SCHWEINEBACKE

Samsung Galaxy S II i9100, Galaxy Note N-7000, Galaxy S III i9300 Asus TF300T, TF700T Sony Xperia T (mint) LG Nexus 4, Nexus 5 Oppo Find 5, N1
and other devices you've never heard of.
______
Press "Thanks" if I helped !
The Following 46 Users Say Thank You to XpLoDWilD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Nalty
Old
Thanks Meter 16

DONATE TO ME
It's not working, I think I need to forward the port. What port is this running on?
The Following User Says Thank You to Nalty For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

okitsaws
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Always Stuck! No frames Received...
Lenovo s560. USB/Wifi Thetering not working
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	2685
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	1845534  

richardtrip
Old
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1,090

DONATE TO ME
The program crashes on landscape (tested on HTC one X + Note II)

http://pastebin.com/2uk879kM
Richard Trip

If you like my work buy me a beer:

Follow me on twitter

Github: http://github.com/richardtrip

XpLoDWilD
Old
Thanks Meter 14,311

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalty View Post
It's not working, I think I need to forward the port. What port is this running on?
9876 UDP, but you should be on the same Wi-Fi network as your device (or use USB tethering).

Quote:
Originally Posted by okitsaws View Post
Always Stuck! No frames Received...
Lenovo s560. USB/Wifi Thetering not working
Can you try lowering screen scale?
______

Samsung Galaxy S II i9100, Galaxy Note N-7000, Galaxy S III i9300 Asus TF300T, TF700T Sony Xperia T (mint) LG Nexus 4, Nexus 5 Oppo Find 5, N1
______
The Following User Says Thank You to XpLoDWilD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bit2
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Could you provide a list of system requirements and/or supported platforms/devices?
Eg. What devices did you test the app successfully on (besides the Nexus 4)?
What OS versions (+SP or any additional components) did you test the clients with?

So I guess a list of verified configurations (vs. failed configurations) would be nice so people won't force something that is never going to work (with the current version).

XpLoDWilD
Old
Thanks Meter 14,311

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bit2 View Post
Could you provide a list of system requirements and/or supported platforms/devices?
Eg. What devices did you test the app successfully on (besides the Nexus 4)?
What OS versions (+SP or any additional components) did you test the clients with?

So I guess a list of verified configurations (vs. failed configurations) would be nice so people won't force something that is never going to work (with the current version).
In theory all devices should work, the app relies on the system's capability to do screenshots basically. We tested it on Nexus 4, S3, Note II and TF700T without any problem. We will investigate more however to check why it doesn't work for some people (where the same Android device works for others). The fact that we use UDP is giving lost frames, thus we'll invite users to reduce scale for more stability.
______

______
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XpLoDWilD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

baileyjr
Old
Thanks Meter 234
Maybe you need a free test app so people can ensure it works with their devices first
DEVICE : LG G2 D802 32gb
ROM : Cloudy G3, Xposed & G3 TweaksBox
KERNEL : Latest Dorimanx
RECOVERY : TWRP 2.7.0.0
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to baileyjr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

airmaxx23
Old
Thanks Meter 959
I can't get this working on my laptop, I always get "no frame received, are you sure of your android device address?" I've restarted everything, and the address is typed in properly. This is with 3 different android devices.
*** Please don't forget to hit the "Thanks" button if someone has helped you ***

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in-between is mine"

XpLoDWilD
Old
Thanks Meter 14,311

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by airmaxx23 View Post
I can't get this working on my laptop, I always get "no frame received, are you sure of your android device address?" I've restarted everything, and the address is typed in properly. This is with 3 different android devices.
Try lowering screen scale.
______

______

The Following User Says Thank You to XpLoDWilD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]