Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,261 Members 37,766 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 UNIFIED TOOLKIT V8.0] Drivers, Backup, Root, Recovery + MORE [SPR]

Tip us?

shazo85
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Default Re: [SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 UNIFIED TOOLKIT V7.0] Drivers, Backup, Root, Recovery + MORE [

Quote:
Originally Posted by corkythetard View Post
There's one there.
Guess I overlooked it I will look when I get home from work.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

Raul69.atl
Old
Thanks Meter 138
Default Re: [SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 UNIFIED TOOLKIT V7.0] Drivers, Backup, Root, Recovery + MORE [

Hey guys just rooted my gs3 (option 2 all in one) and my phone wifi doesn't turn on no more.

I cant find a fix. I've been looking all over .
Help please!!

edufur
Old
Thanks Meter 64

I used this with stock mb1... Worked great.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
--
After switching to Samsung, I find myself asking... WHY did I stay with HTC for so long?
... NEVER going back!

onelovekir
Old
(Last edited by onelovekir; 31st March 2013 at 10:19 PM.)
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by mskip View Post
SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 TOOLKIT AUTO UPDATE V7.3.2 [18TH MAR 2013] AVAILABLE!!

Changelog:
+Added support for INTERNATIONAL MODEL GSM [GT-I9300] 4.1.2 EMB5 Build
+Added support for VERIZON MODEL [SGH-I535] 4.1.2 BMB1 Build
+Updated CWM Touch Recovery [6.0.2.8] and [6.0.2.9] for GT-I9305 Model
+Updated TWRP Touch Recovery for all models to latest version [2.4.4.0]
+Updated procedures in Toolkit and improved text where needed

If you have any confusion over supported builds please read the HELP screen which you can get to from the Model Selection Screen.

To add support for 4.1.2 for your model/build please do the following:
NOTE: Stock boot images from Stock builds or OTA updates ONLY are needed to add support to the Toolkit. Do not send in boot images from custom builds. If you have rooted via custom recovery zip file the boot image will still be stock and fine to use but if you have rooted by flashing an insecure boot image please do not send anything as the file will be incorrect.
1. On the Model Selection screen enter any number for your model
2. In the Main Menu select option 5 and flash TWRP Recovery
3. Reboot to Recovery using the Reboot Device Options section
4. Select 'Backup' from the menu in TWRP Recovery
5. Untick everything except 'Boot' and swipe at the bottom to make a backup
6. Reboot the system back into Android
7. Copy the boot.emmc.win file from sdcard/TWRP/BACKUPS to your pc
8. Email the file to firmware.support@skipsoft.net with the full model/build number
Support will then be added and pushed as an update as soon as possible

For people who do not want or cannot get the Auto Update versions you can download twrp touch from http://goo.im/devs/mskip/recovery/samsung_galaxy_s3 and flash it via the Toolkit. SuperSU can be updated to the latest version from the app.

[Auto Updates are only accessible if you have donated to the Toolkit project, received an activation code and unlocked the donator features. Auto Updates are a much faster and easier way of pushing small updates that would otherwise not be worth doing. I can push a single textual change or add support for a new build without having to go through the whole process of building a full version and uploading a large file. IF you are not able to or do not want to donate to unlock the Auto Update feature (and other donator features) then all the smaller updates are collated and a full build made when I have time or if there are enough updates to warrant it. This is the easiest way to make sure all the Toolkits are as up to date as possible. IF you have any views about this please pm me about them and do not post in the open thread]

Mark.
when might you release an update as a separate download? thanks!

EDIT: sorry, I have the newest updates now...thanks mskip for your toolkit!!

SITH16
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul69.atl View Post
Hey guys just rooted my gs3 (option 2 all in one) and my phone wifi doesn't turn on no more.

I cant find a fix. I've been looking all over .
Help please!!
I just did mine this morning and I had that same issue...I simply forgot the network rebooted the phone and allowed it to scan for new networks again...when it discovered the network, I connected to it, and boom...wifi was fine. Something in the root might corrupt the saved networks so it doesn't connect I guess.

Btw, great little tool...I had to play with it for a min to get used to it, but it worked and now I'm rooted stock...Not sure if I want to go off that at all but hey, I'm rooted. =)

skeptikal
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by SITH16 View Post
I just did mine this morning and I had that same issue...I simply forgot the network rebooted the phone and allowed it to scan for new networks again...when it discovered the network, I connected to it, and boom...wifi was fine. Something in the root might corrupt the saved networks so it doesn't connect I guess.

Btw, great little tool...I had to play with it for a min to get used to it, but it worked and now I'm rooted stock...Not sure if I want to go off that at all but hey, I'm rooted. =)
You would have to be able to turn on wifi to forget the network and reconnect. My wifi will not turn on at all either. I've been too lazy to figure out why so far. I'll do some reading and post my findings if there are any.
"Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. " -- The Books of Bokonon

atreyu954
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeptikal View Post
You would have to be able to turn on wifi to forget the network and reconnect. My wifi will not turn on at all either. I've been too lazy to figure out why so far. I'll do some reading and post my findings if there are any.
I just flashed mine with the 4.1.1 and now my wifi doesn't turn on either. Kind of important to me considering at work I'm virtually in a sealed room and wifi is all that's available. Any ideas from anyone?

skeptikal
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by atreyu954 View Post
I just flashed mine with the 4.1.1 and now my wifi doesn't turn on either. Kind of important to me considering at work I'm virtually in a sealed room and wifi is all that's available. Any ideas from anyone?
I still have not had a chance to figure out why it's not working on mine. Please post if you find something. I will do the same.
"Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. " -- The Books of Bokonon

skeptikal
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by atreyu954 View Post
Ok so I stole some time at work and got it sorted out. In the 7.0.0 version of this software the Sprint 4.1.2 build is not an option. So, I took the advice of another poster here and just used the 4.1.1 build as he mentioned it would work. And, it did... but, in the process it also broke wifi. So, I donated, which i have been meaning to do anyway, and used the autoupdate to upgrade from 7.0 to v7.3.2. Once upgraded the 4.1.2 version is available under Sprint. I chose that and did the all-in-one option and wifi is back.

Thank mskip. This tool is awesome. Sorry i couldn't donate a lot more.

CrimSin
Old
(Last edited by CrimSin; 11th April 2013 at 01:28 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Just donated. If my auto update is going at 15-30 kBps do you reckon it's a problem on my end or is that just how the server is?

Edit: Tethered off of Sprint LTE and it worked fine. Not sure why my home IP was giving me trouble :S