Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,150 Members 37,148 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM GUIDE] How to install Android on the HP TouchPad "The Easy Way"

Tip us?

shingers5
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,093
Default Re: [ROM] [03/04] How to install jcsullins CM10 Unofficial Preview Builds Edited 3/1

Thanks for this guide and how easy is this........wow

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using XDA Premium HD app
LG G3 - WHITE 16gb
SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 2 - N7100
All Custom Roms I use are built by Vertigo and Ben. Trust those guys completely

After owning so many at once I have decided to try something new by using one....It may not last but for now thats it
The Following User Says Thank You to shingers5 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RolandDeschain79
Old
(Last edited by RolandDeschain79; 9th April 2013 at 06:42 AM.)
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 930

DONATE TO ME
Service CM10.1 on the HP TouchPad

Hello HP TouchPad users, Great News! SGA has recently posted a build of CM 10.1 for the HP TouchPad with working sound and SDcard. Its almost fully functional minus the Bluetooth. This build lacks some H/W video acceleration but XDA member webdroidmt reports that the latest Adreno drivers fix this problem and it will likely be included into the next build. I am also seeing reasonable battery drain during sleep, as low as -5ma but with the usual spiking. This is a testing build so lets get testing! Please thank and leave SGA some feedback in his thread below.

Big thanks to SGA, jcsullins and drmarble, who all contributed to making this build. Its officially, unofficial, CM10.1 is working on the HP TouchPad!

CM10.1 Video:

[ROM][04/02] CM10.1 Test Builds with Sound on the HP TouchPad, Android 4.2.2 Thread:

XDA Source Thread:

CM10.1 Rom Download:

Gapps:

Step by step guide for enabling the HD Video decoding:
Android 4.2 for the HP TouchPad (with HD video decoding) Liliputing Article By Brad Linder
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RolandDeschain79 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nickster1
Old
Thanks Meter 912
Default Re: [ROM] [03/04] How to install jcsullins CM10 Unofficial Preview Builds Edited 3/1

This is also important to hear: This just happened to webdroidmikemt earlier today.

@SGA,

Sorry to report that I am now going back to my CM10 nandroid. Actually, I'm happy that I can still do that. The test build was working great, I was able to get everything working well even with a dirty flash over my current CM10.

Everything I reported earlier was working properly, albeit a bit laggy at times, I suspect because with my dirty flash I had the full complement of apps. In addition to what I posted working in my earlier post, HBO GO also was working and I was able to get the mic working in Google Now without disabling Hotword Detection.

Anyway...the joy ended about an hour ago. I let it sit for a while and when I went to turn it on, I was greeted with the big battery icon/outlet plug. I couldn't get it to turn on with all the various button combos, so I let it sit on the AC charger for a while but it still didn't come back. Btw, when I put it down the battery was at 97%. I have since recovered from this, thanks to my Samsung Galaxy Player AC charger coming to the rescue.

Just wanted to make you aware that this is a possibility, so I would guess caution is advised. But then again, isn't it always with test roms?. 

Thanks again,
Mike T
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nickster1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
-SGA- Old
Thanks Meter 0

Yes, there is a warning that the build I posted earlier mostly sleeps very nicely @ -4mA and sometimes forgets what it is doing and doesn't sleep at all @ -600mA. Which is why it is testing build for the curious at the moment

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using xda premium
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RolandDeschain79
Old
(Last edited by RolandDeschain79; 5th April 2013 at 06:52 AM.)
Thanks Meter 930

DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up CM10.1 on the HP TouchPad is Great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -SGA- View Post
Yes, there is a warning that the build I posted earlier mostly sleeps very nicely @ -4mA and sometimes forgets what it is doing and doesn't sleep at all @ -600mA. Which is why it is testing build for the curious at the moment

I've been curiously poking and prodding this fine Rom with all manner of test. So far I find its working well

I'm aware of the risk and have taken note of webdroidmts feedback but I am happy to cautiously test out this great CM10.1 Rom.

Thanks so much for working on this Rom, i'm thrilled to see so much development happening on our HP Touchpads.

I've started a thread to compile information about the CM10.1 Rom. Information gets lost very quickly in the threads and I give people a stern warning. I've found battery drain during sleep to be pretty good so far. I have attached a screenshot of the last few hours sleep history.

CM10.1 Test Rom for the HP TouchPad, Android 4.2.2
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-04-05-01-48-10.jpg
Views:	447
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	1859494  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RolandDeschain79 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
-SGA- Old
(Last edited by -SGA-; 5th April 2013 at 01:16 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks to the work of dorregaray there is now working cam. Anyone want an update?

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

alexeiw123
Old
Thanks Meter 99
Quote:
Thanks to the work of dorregaray there is now working cam. Anyone want an update?

Please!

Still working on setting up a build environment.. ubuntu is not playing nice with my RAID1 setup. learning though.
The Following User Says Thank You to alexeiw123 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RolandDeschain79
Old
Thanks Meter 930

DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up CM10.1 with Sound and working Camera on the HP TouchPad WOW

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexeiw123 View Post
Please!

Still working on setting up a build environment.. ubuntu is not playing nice with my RAID1 setup. learning though.
YES Do I ever want to test that new Build, Yes Sir, Please Sir, Thank you kind Sir

I just finished making a video about the last one too but I can't wait to do it again!

Thank you guys so much for your hard work, Dorregaray is like a wizard with that camera. I sort of predicted it in my video too

Video:
http://youtu.be/kKmmsoL38Y0
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RolandDeschain79 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ericdabbs
Old
Thanks Meter 309
Quote:

Yes. Can you produce a new build with a working cam with the updated Adreno drivers for HD video.

RolandDeschain79
Old
Thanks Meter 930

DONATE TO ME
Service Two new CM10.1 Roms with working Cameras and Sound

Hey Guys, more great news. Two new CM10.1 Roms have appeared but with working Cameras. Check it out and thank our hardworking developers

[ROM][ALPHA][CM10.1]<KANG>SCHIZOID 2.00 All-in-One [04Apr13] By shumash

[ROM][KANG][AOSP 4.2.2] SlimROM R:3 | Fast + Light | By -SGA-

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RolandDeschain79 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
cm10, how to install android, hp touchpad