5,606,465 Members 33,478 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[solved]BRICKed: inside eMMC's dead, with E:Can't open /cache/recovery/log

Tip us?

m.s.khan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default not wipe userdata

Hi, Friends I have a tablet model No sanei N83 delux but it now lock with google username and password I am wiping this by adb or fastboot
when I am connecting with ADB or Fastboot it's connected but when I am wiping then it's show me this massage ''Error opendir' ing /data ' Permission denied'
so any body give me the best solution to solve it
Thanks in advance

jugg1es
Old
Thanks Meter 1908
Default Re: [solved]BRICKed: inside eMMC's dead, with E:Can't open /cache/recovery/log

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.s.khan View Post
Hi, Friends I have a tablet model No sanei N83 delux but it now lock with google username and password I am wiping this by adb or fastboot
when I am connecting with ADB or Fastboot it's connected but when I am wiping then it's show me this massage ''Error opendir' ing /data ' Permission denied'
so any body give me the best solution to solve it
Thanks in advance
This is the htc desire s forum, this question would receive a better response if you put it in the general Q&A.

Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing.
Benjamin Franklin

Please don't pm me with support questions

pychu88
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I searched a lot and still can't find answer for this

Quote:
So, my first question is: do you know any other way to restore my phone to S-ON and stock? (besides those I mentioned above) This is to avoid the chance of htc voiding my warranty.
I've got htc desire Z and can not find possibility for s-on - matter for warranty

when i try to upload img through fastboot or PC10IMG.zip file on SD card there is fail or fail-PU

fortunely i ran the phone with this method
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1572924
but it's not the solution..

if there is no chance to make it s-on the phone phone will go in the microwave oven to kill mother board, i tried piezoelectric lighter but mu DZ still alive

the question is:
is tehere any way to restore phone to S-ON and stock when the eMMC is fried ?

jugg1es
Old
Thanks Meter 1908
Default Re: [solved]BRICKed: inside eMMC's dead, with E:Can't open /cache/recovery/log

Quote:
Originally Posted by pychu88 View Post
I searched a lot and still can't find answer for this

I've got htc desire Z and can not find possibility for s-on - matter for warranty

when i try to upload img through fastboot or PC10IMG.zip file on SD card there is fail or fail-PU

fortunely i ran the phone with this method
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1572924
but it's not the solution..

if there is no chance to make it s-on the phone phone will go in the microwave oven to kill mother board, i tried piezoelectric lighter but mu DZ still alive

the question is:
is tehere any way to restore phone to S-ON and stock when the eMMC is fried ?
If the emmc is fried, does it matter?

"In the end, everything is a gag."
- Charlie Chaplin (1889-1977)

Please don't pm me with support questions

pychu88
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you for answer.
Reason for making it S-ON is warranty of corse

when htc service will see the phone is modified, they immediately reject my warranty.

So there are two options:
- S-ON - to avoid warranty rejection
- Damage to the phone to such a state that it was not possible to verify whether it was modified - of course, with no evidence of physical interference ( I use this method with older phones like Nokia )

paulie-uk
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeforhire View Post
Catching the thread incidentally, haven't read all the latest developments, but to answer your question : Most likely. the Desire S and the G2/DesireZ are very similar as far as hardware goes. YMMV but by and large this holds true for .zipfiles that don't need a very low-level hardware access (=most of them, in practice).
Does this mean we can flash G2/Z radio/hboot/kernel, use gfree to radio S-OFF, supercid, and then flash back to SAGA radio/hboot/kernel ?

Jack_R1
Old
Thanks Meter 931
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulie-uk View Post
Does this mean we can flash G2/Z radio/hboot/kernel, use gfree to radio S-OFF, supercid, and then flash back to SAGA radio/hboot/kernel ?
I tried doing this, the kernel doesn't boot. If one could create working Froyo kernel for DS - then gfree would be a viable option.
Wiki on this forum exists for a reason. PLEASE READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.
Glacier (MyTouch 4G / Panache) Wiki
Nexus One Wiki
Nexus One FAQ.

[Lockscreen MOD] Trackball/trackpad wake-sleep toggle for Sense ROMs - [Nexus One], [MyTouch 4G]
[MOD]NoClock for Sense ROMs
[MOD] Change WiFi hostname

[MOD]Gallery3D with high-res patch, for stock and HTC cameras
The Following User Says Thank You to Jack_R1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

paulie-uk
Old
(Last edited by paulie-uk; 5th April 2013 at 05:11 PM.)
Thanks Meter 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_R1 View Post
I tried doing this, the kernel doesn't boot. If one could create working Froyo kernel for DS - then gfree would be a viable option.
I know this is a bit of a long shot, but isn't the hardware in the Incredible S (Vivo) really similar to that in the Desire S (Saga), too? That device did ship with Froyo. I can't seem to find references to using gfree to S-OFF, but rather a different tool named incsfree that requires the old radio for that device as well. Depending how our mmcblk0p7 is compared to the other phones I'm not sure which tool we'd need, but if Froyo can run then this route has hope.

You didn't also test putting these onto your Desire S perchance, did you?

It'd be nice to make the move from ENG S-OFF to Radio S-OFF & SuperCID, and have a truly unlocked phone.

Tags
brick