Locked bootloader!?!

Search This thread

nugzo

Apr 20, 2010
Fayetteville, NC.
www.capefearcomputer.com
Not sure what the process is to unlock the phone once you have this bin file, but have you actually unlocked your phone with this unlock bin file?

If the got the unlock.bin for his ONE then it will be unlockable. That is the sole purpose of that bin file. Some Previous ATT HTC phones (One XL) would not give you the unlock.bin. It said you had an unsupported device.
Other people have the ATT ONE phone already and this is the first i've heard of unlocking bootloader. Could it be a fluke? yes. Could he be pulling our leg? yes. Could the phone actually be unlockable and everything said previously was speculation? most certainly yes. How would people know this without trying? i've always said you cant trust a CSR or Tech support agent from these companies... Their words are meaningless. Most ATT reps do not even know what unlocking is. 99% of reps who i've spoken with think unlocking bootloader means the sim card. Fingers crossed this is unlockable.. Please someone else with an early ATT would you give it a try? absolutely no harm can be done. Thank you :)

istheGman

Jan 24, 2010
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I would suggest that people do not accept the OTA update immediately upon receipt of their AT&T One... unlock the One first then do whatever... I just mention it because I think I remember an instance where a phone of mine was unlockable pre-OTA and not post-OTA... FWIW, YMMV

Root indeed... I have it :)

Don't mind the crappy pictures... used my iPhone 5 to take them.

--
Sent from my G1

DanMc85

Jan 6, 2008
USA
I would suggest that people do not accept the OTA update immediately upon receipt of their AT&T One... unlock the One first then do whatever... I just mention it because I think I remember an instance where a phone of mine was unlockable pre-OTA and not post-OTA... FWIW, YMMV

--
Sent from my G1

I got my unlock code file first. Did the OTA. Then unlocked as I already had the file set aside.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

LuRock

Jan 8, 2010
the phone is a dream its simply laid out with a lot of class. After root and the work that our devs do here the phone is gonna be disgusting!!!:D

I'm not an addict I just flash a lot.

DanMc85

Jan 6, 2008
USA
There is some trickery going on with the at&t Rom. Just uninstalled all the bloat with TB such as navigator, family map, etc... Rebooted and it was all back. Wtf lol.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    +1
    I won't believe it until I see that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Here... it's unlockable.

- Dan
    oh sweet mother of the root gods ....

Root indeed... I have it :)

Don't mind the crappy pictures... used my iPhone 5 to take them.
    I have the device and was able to generate a unlock.bin file on the htc dev website to unlock the bootloader.

- Dan
    Hold up so the HTC One from AT&T can't be rooted? I'm kind of confused about all these chats going on in this thread.

It will be rooted. How many flagship devices can you name that wasn't rooted ?

I've been on this forum since the G1 days and I've bought almost every flagship HTC device with a lock bootloader n devs here always manage to unlock them
    My guess is due to the company position. Att needs the gs4 more than Samsung needing Att. They make billions anyways. Htc however is in search of some real profits and phone sales. Just bargaining positions.

That's likely exactly the case. Samsung is doing amazingly well with their smartphones, and are by far the leading seller of Android phones, with the Galaxy S series in particular being wildly popular. So as you say, AT&T needs them more than vice versa.

Such is not the case with HTC, who has been really struggling financially for some time now. HTC needs to be able to sell their flagship on AT&T, or their chances of surviving (at least in the US market) are going to dwindle.

For all we know, AT&T even compensates HTC monetarily to keep the bootloader locked. Something HTC isn't in a financial position to refuse (and again, not the case for Samsung).

Its really a shame, as I think many of us can agree that HTC by far makes the better hardware, compared to Sammy's cheap looking/feeling plasticky devices. Really unfortunate that such a beautiful device may be marred with an unlockable bootloader.